Deluxe balcony or mini suite on Regal - which one

Wavelet

We're looking at a 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Regal and trying to decide between deluxe balcony D 411 and mini suite L 206. The price is about the same. We generally stay midship, never forward. I know many have commented about the noise above, but it looks like the sanctuary is above this area. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We're looking at a 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Regal and trying to decide between deluxe balcony D 411 and mini suite L 206. The price is about the same. We generally stay midship, never forward. I know many have commented about the noise above, but it looks like the sanctuary is above this area. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've enjoyed having the smaller couch in our deluxe balcony cabin on our Royal & Regal cruises. We visited friends in their minisuite which had more room for the 4 of us to visit.

Unless you will frequently have guests in your cabin, I would select deluxe balcony D411 because it's in a more stable area of the ship. My wife is very prone to all types of motion sickness but had no problems in D508 on a transatlantic cruise.

I've enjoyed having the smaller couch in our deluxe balcony cabin on our Royal & Regal cruises. We visited friends in their minisuite which had more room for the 4 of us to visit.

Unless you will frequently have guests in your cabin, I would select deluxe balcony D411 because it's in a more stable area of the ship. My wife is very prone to all types of motion sickness but had no problems in D508 on a transatlantic cruise.

I agree, position is a tad more important than space (though both are nice re an upgrade) . In a similar situation to the OP, we switched a aft deluxe balcony for a mid-aft mini recently. The upgrade was an extra $700, but now we have more space and a better position for our 14 day Regal Caribbean cruise.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

You are basically weighing location on the ship vs. the amount of space you'd have in your cabin.

I'd go for the mini if prices were the same, but that's just me. I've been far forward and far aft on ships and neither bothers me. If motion sickness is an issue, you want to be as near the center of gravity of the ship as possible. This means midship and lower is better.

If you are. Talking about space,the mini suite is 323 square feet as opposed to the balcony cabins which are roughly 165 square feet.

Long cruiser

Based in the Princess website the 165 sq.ft. for balcony cabins is not correct on the Regal Princess which is the ship the OP asked about.

Interior square footage:

Balcony: 222

Deluxe balcony: 233

Minisuite: 299

Inside: 166-175

Most Regal balconies are a standard 41 sq.ft so that's the same whether in a balcony or a mini-suite.

Checking the Ruby minisuites are 323 sq.ft. but balcony cabins are 231 sq.ft. and not 165 sq.ft which is about the size of oceanview & inside cabins (162-189 sq.ft.)