Meet & Mingle on Carnival with Cruise Critic

lmsdf

Hello! What's the update on the Meet & Mingle Parties on Carnival for Cruise Critic members? When is it held (what day of the cruise)? What time? Where? TIA

Hello! What's the update on the Meet & Mingle Parties on Carnival for Cruise Critic members? When is it held (what day of the cruise)? What time? Where? TIA

Hi there

There have been some problems with the Carnival arranged meet & greets.

The very first thread on this Carnival board has a "sticky" that announced the arrangement when it was made in April. If you care to read it you will see there were issues almost from the start.

The moderators of this site have responded to an inquiry from an other member. They acknowledge that there is a problem and that they have been in contact with Carnival regarding the issues and hope there may be some resolution. So far no further information.

If you are interested in having a meet and greet, I would suggest you go to your roll call and see if someone has made the effort to organize one or not. It doesn't always happen, but those are the cruise critic members who you will be sailing with and if you find there are a few people who would like to get together, you just need to arrange for a time and place.

good luck

have a great cruise

I signed up for the M&M for my recent Legend cruise. I then got an email notification the minimum number of people had been met and that I would receive an invitation during the cruise. I never received an invitation about it during the cruise though. It is interesting to read in this thread now that it would appear in the Fun Times. I will have to get my Fun Times out and go through them to see if it was there. I would not have thought an invitation would be a statement in Fun Times.

The email I received stated, "This is just a reminder for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle aboard your Carnival Cruise Line ship that you helped organize on the 06/07/2016 sailing of Carnival Legend. Once onboard, you will receive an invitation stating the date, time and place of your party."

Thank you for your replies. I know that there have been issues. I was hoping that they have since been resolved. I guess I will plan our own Meet & Greet the first day of the cruise. Thanks again!

We got off the 3rd sailing of the Vista and can confirm we had the problems mentioned above. We had no idea when it was until announced, and as suspected, they set it for the 2nd or 3rd LAST day, which was a port day, at 5:00 pm! Absolutely pointless! So glad we had planned our own M&G on sailing say. I think I heard of over 100 signed up and only 3 or 4 attended. Again, it was a port day in Europe! Apparently it was posted in the FunTimes for that day, but I never seen it.

Epic fail Cruise Critic / Carnival.

Unless this changes drastically, we will not be participating in one of these ever again.

Krunch

Carnival put out a nice spread and a bar and bartender was avaialble for cost. But the time of the event left lot to be desired. If we had not had dinner reservations at 6:30 at the steakhouse we likely might not have attended either.

4 members of the crew showed up, Dr. E Cruise director, the Hotel director, housekeeping director and a guest service event "ambassador".

Carnival did it right except for the timing.

Won't even try on our next cruise I suspect.

Oh yes, it was held Wednesday night, which happened to be the 2nd formal night (which was odd in and of itself) 5:30-6:30 (15 minutes before YTD opens and 30 minutes before early seating) after all day in San Juan departing the port at 4:00.

Formal nights are not the night to go late to YTD.

Carnival put out a nice spread and a bar and bartender was avaialble for cost. But the time of the event left lot to be desired. If we had not had dinner reservations at 6:30 at the steakhouse we likely might not have attended either.

4 members of the crew showed up, Dr. E Cruise director, the Hotel director, housekeeping director and a guest service event "ambassador".

Carnival did it right except for the timing.

Won't even try on our next cruise I suspect.

Same thing and time for us the very next week. In fact i see someone in your pic that was on our cruise and in our M&M too :) She is a travel agent I became friends with.

I was impressed that Dr E and a Officer from the bridge showed up. All the other CC M&M i have been to just had a member from the cruise directors staff there that seemed to want to be elsewhere.

Great event but terrible timing. If I had first seating, I wouldnt have made it.

Edited by ryano

Cruise critic sure has been silent about this. I sent 3 serperate emails (one as a reply to the email i received from the M&M coordinator) the other 2 to the CC coordinator and the M&M department with ABSOLUTLY NOT RESPONSE.

Based on the lack of communication from Cruise Critic, they are obviously not taking any active role in coordination or follow up with members. (we had 133 people signed up, but the ship and CCL did not receive notification from CC to arrange) . So not sure if I would waste my time with signup again, just continue to organize our own meet and greets through roll call or FB groups.

The moderators of this site have responded to an inquiry from an other member. They acknowledge that there is a problem and that they have been in contact with Carnival regarding the issues and hope there may be some resolution. So far no further information.

I must have missed this. Where was this?

Same thing and time for us the very next week. In fact i see someone in your pic that was on our cruise and in our M&M too :) She is a travel agent I became friends with.

I was impressed that Dr E and a Officer from the bridge showed up. All the other CC M&M i have been to just had a member from the cruise directors staff there that seemed to want to be elsewhere.

Great event but terrible timing. If I had first seating, I wouldnt have made it.

irrelevant to the post but I saw Dr. E in the pics and HAD to give him a little praise.. LOVE HIM!!! Best cruise director I have had so far.

Hi there

About 2 wks. ago I started a thread similar to this one wondering out loud if any of these M & G's were happening.

I was commenting how I was expecting that Cruise Critic should be taking the lead on this as the arrangement made by Carnival was made to them (not us). Also people had made efforts in questioning individuals at Carnival and basically were ignored. I don't think this is quite right. One other member mentioned that they had contacted the moderators of this site and had received a response and shared the reply. It said generally what I had stated.

If you want to see the series of posts, just click on my name and check my statistics...it would be the last thread I "started". Like I said, just a couple of weeks ago.

"Nic6318 -The moderators of this site have responded to an inquiry from an other member. They acknowledge that there is a problem and that they have been in contact with Carnival regarding the issues and hope there may be some resolution. So far no further information."

I posted this in an earlier thread about the CC/CCL M&M's. This was a response to my query about CC's participation on the CC/CCL M&M's and the lack of coordination, between the them. I have not rec'd anything further, nor has CC updated anything on their "Sticky" thread about the M&M's

"We are in contact with Carnival and I believe they are looking into these reports

Thanks for your patience

Jenn K

Senior Community Support

IndependentTraveler.com / CruiseCritic.com / FamilyVacationCritic.com"

PS.... I contacted the group event planning dept at CCL recently to inquire about current pricing for their Carnival Entertains events....OBP's, special events, meetings etc... I have the current price list, and can forward it to anyone who would like it. It can also be found at the website that starts with a Z.

Also, when I asked the Event Planner about the CC/CCL M&M's, her reply was " they are handled entirely by the ship's staff!"

Edited by jwjax