Ruby Princess: Need "Dining Ruby for Dummies" version

What are options (free, ensuite, in The Sanctuary, for a fee + specific to full suite) for:

1. Breakfast

2. Lunch on EMBARKATION day

2 1/2. Lunch

3. Afternoon Snacks

4. Dinner

5. Afternoon Tea

6. Room Service Breakfast

7. Room Service after Breafast

Any additional information + menus would be appreciated

Edited by Alwaysacruiseinthequeue
missed a word

What are options (free, ensuite, in The Sanctuary, for a fee + specific to full suite) for:

1. Breakfast

Free: Room service (a continental breakfast ordering card is left in your room each evening), the Horizon Court buffet opens early in the morning, and at around 7am a MDR should open as well. If none of that sounds appealing ,there's the International Cafe, which also has breakfast items.

2.5 Lunch

3. Afternoon Snacks

Lots of free options here. There's the grill with burgers and other foods, pizza, and ice cream. The Horizon Court is also open all afternoon with food selection (though I think they reduce selection after lunch hours and before dinner). And of course, the International Cafe has food 24 hours.

4. Dinner

5. Afternoon Tea

It is my understanding that Afternoon Tea is free if you are an Elite member and order it to your room, OR you go to the MDR or Horizon Court.

See comments above. You'll also receive a schedule of what is open when (and what costs extra) on the back of your Princess Patter each night

Note: I can't comment much on the Sanctuary, as I did not go on my cruise.

Edited by kirenne

-We normally hit up the Horizon Court buffet on the day the ship leaves port. Nice way to get a feel for the layout of the buffet & see whats offered.

-Afternoon snacks: I loved grabbing a slice of pizza. Also, the buffet will have limited options like sandwich fixings, cookies & occasionally themes like Mexican (taco fixings & nachos)

-IDK much about the Sanctuary because we were only up there for a couples massage but it was very nice & quiet.

1. Breakfast

Horizon Court (a zoo on the first day), one MDR will be open (quiet and serene), plus hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza on Lido deck. Alfredo's if your ship has one.

2 1/2. Lunch

3. Afternoon Snacks

4. Dinner

all previously mentioned venues plus MDR - traditional or anytime (your preference is noted in your Personalizer)

5. Afternoon Tea

6. Room Service Breakfast

7. Room Service after Breakfast

The Sanctuary provides lunch for a small fee &/or afternoon tea for free (plus tip) - we were underwhelmed, but others say it's great. Maybe it was just a bad day.

See above, plus comments by previous posters.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

The link below lists dining options for all Princess ships. Just look for the Ruby.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

The link below lists the suite benefits.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/suites-services-and-amenities/index.html#.V2reXJULTM4.mailto

It doesn't make sense to generate a separate list for each ship.

Edited by IECalCruiser

free, ensuite, in The Sanctuary, for a fee + specific to full suite

1. Breakfast-Free Options- Room Service with limited menu/hangtag, MDR, Buffet, International Cafe. Specific to Full Suite and free- Full service Room Service with upgraded menu and hangtag, and Sabitini's/ Crown Grill (depending on the ship); For a fee- Champagne Breakfast- approx $25 per person- in the room.

2. Lunch on EMBARKATION day- Free- most days- in the MDR, or always in the buffet, International Cafe, Trident Grill, Alfredos (if the ship has it), Pregos Pizzeria. No lunch for a fee option.

2 1/2. Lunch- Free- sea days- in the MDR, or always in the buffet, International Cafe, Trident Grill, Alfredos (if the ship has it), Pregos Pizzeria. and sometimes Pub Lunch, limited room service. In a Full Suite- full lunch menu. No lunch for a fee option.

3. Afternoon Snacks- buffet has limited options, ice cream, milk and cookie cart on the Lido Deck, IC (24/7)

4. Dinner- Free- MDR either traditional or AT; buffet, IC, Alfredo's, Trident, Pregos, and limited room service. For a fee- Crown (25), Sabitini's (25), Share (39), Salty Dog (19), Ultimate Balcony Dining (50). For Full Suites, the entire dining room menu.

5. Afternoon Tea- Free in the MDR for all guests. For Full Suite guests- full tea in the suite.

6. Room Service Breakfast- Full suite- expanded menu- either the same as the dining room or on the hang tag. For other rooms- limited menu/ hangtag.

7. Room Service after Breakfast- Limited menu- unless you are in a full suite, then you can have the dining room menu.

The link below lists dining options for all Princess ships. Just look for the Ruby.

While I'm not sure the job should be left up to other Cruise Critic posters, I actually think it would be extremely useful (at least to Princess newbies) if Princess itself were to generate such a ship-specific list. The list above is organized by restaurant type, and you have to read through all of them one-by-one and look at the small type to figure out whether a particular restaurant is actually on your ship. (And it's not so much fun to read about all the things I'm missing!) Or you could look at this list of restaurants on the Ruby, but without descriptions and if you haven't previously sailed Princess, it's not immediately clear exactly what's meant by names like "Horizon Court," "Cafe Caribe," or "Evening Bistro." (Unless you've spent a lot of time on Cruise Critic, of course. :D) Either way, you're either doing a lot circling or cross-referencing between two lists -- not impossible, but having both the names and descriptions of restaurants on your ship compiled on one list would certainly be easier if you're trying to figure out what your dining options will be onboard.

p.s. I'm also going to be on the Ruby later this summer and despite spending too much time on CC, have yet to figure out what or where the "Evening Bistro" is. Welcome any clarification . . .

Edited by limoncello07

Some good info already posted above. Having just gotten off of the Ruby, I will add we enjoyed Cafe Caribe more than I thought we would.

Also, Princess booked the Crab Shack for us (complimentary specialty dining promo when booking), but we promptly switched our free reservation over to the Crown Grill. So in addition to the Crown Grill, Salty Dog, and Share -- there is a 4th specialty dining option on the Ruby.

edit to add: Crab Shack was only open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday

Edited by paul32

p.s. I'm also going to be on the Ruby later this summer and despite spending too much time on CC, have yet to figure out what or where the "Evening Bistro" is. Welcome any clarification . . .

I assume this may be how Princess brands its dining-room-esque setup in the evenings inside of the Horizon Court buffet. We saw no specialty or stand alone venue on the Ruby named "Evening Bistro" on our Alaska cruise last week.

I assume this may be how Princess brands its dining-room-esque setup in the evenings inside of the Horizon Court buffet. We saw no specialty or stand alone venue on the Ruby named "Evening Bistro" on our Alaska cruise last week.
The reference to "Evening Bistro" is only on the Ruby. On the Ruby's sisters, the Crown and Emerald, there is a reference to "Horizon Court Buffet and Bistro" so I would assume that is the evening "experience" in the Horizon Court or a copywriters flight of fancy [emoji15]

The link below lists the suite benefits.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/suites-services-and-amenities/index.html#.V2reXJULTM4.mailto

Thanks for the info

The reference to "Evening Bistro" is only on the Ruby. On the Ruby's sisters, the Crown and Emerald, there is a reference to "Horizon Court Buffet and Bistro" so I would assume that is the evening "experience" in the Horizon Court or a copywriters flight of fancy [emoji15]

Thanks for your best guesses! "Buffet" and "Bistro" are terms I would normally describe as mutually exclusive; perhaps that's why the branding attempt has seemingly not caught on beyond the website . . . .