A hearty breakfast?

Mango Mike

The wife and I have finally decided we're going to take a walk on the wild side and we're staying in a South Beach hotel the night before our upcoming cruise.

Here's my question - looking for a good place for breakfast. I'm not talking juice, coffee and a bagel, I'm talking REAL breakfast - 3 (maybe 4) eggs, bacon or sausage (or both), hash browns, toast, coffee (you get my point). I normally don't eat breakfast, but when I'm on vacation, watch out.

Any suggestions for a restaurant in the South Beach/Miami Beach area or maybe en route to MIA? We'll be doing some site seeing (ugh, again), so we're renting a car. The morning of the cruise, apparently we need to return the car to MIA and take a shuttle back to POM so we can venture out a little.

News Cafe

It is on Ocean Drive and a lovely place to people watch.

Beware DO NOT eat anywhere else on Ocean Drive. They are horrible about getting you in the restaurant with $1.99 omlets then charging you $12.95 for coffee and charging you for every refill. You'll walk out with a $100 breakfast bill and they will call the cops if you don't pay.

Are you coming from Fort Lauderdale airport?

If so I'd just stop at Lesters Diner on State Road 84.

Hi, It's been a few years since we've stayed in South Beach; BUT, all along the strip (which I believe is Collins Ave) there are dozens of places to get a good breakfast. One (maybe two) suggestion(s) for value over glitz...look for CUBAN breakfast joints and/or go one street over in your venture. Not sure if this link will work; but here is a start: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=south+beach+fl+restaurants+breakfast

Also, ask at the front desk of the hotel where THEY go for a good breakfast. Not touristy, etc. Some good food over there!

Have fun!

I don't think you can go wrong at News Café. Also Big Pink on Collins ( but no beach view).

Some folks like Front Porch on Ocean. And if you are game to try Cuban as arlybest suggests, then Puerto Sagua on Collins and 5th is one of the best.