NCL EPIC Disembarkation time?

cruising777

Hello fellow cruisers;

I've only cruised twice and both times they were smaller ships. I will be sailing on the NCL Epic (which is quite larger than I have experienced) in October and I have a few questions.

1) If we arrive in Port at 7am, what time can I expect to be off the ship? I've booked an excursion (not through the cruiseline) and they said pick up at port is 8:30am. Is this enough time for us to get off the ship and meet our guide?

2) Our cruise ends in Civitavecchia and docks at 6am then we will be boarding the train to Venice. I am trying to figure out what time to book our train for? What time can I expect to be off the ship?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello fellow cruisers;

I've only cruised twice and both times they were smaller ships. I will be sailing on the NCL Epic (which is quite larger than I have experienced) in October and I have a few questions.

1) If we arrive in Port at 7am, what time can I expect to be off the ship? I've booked an excursion (not through the cruiseline) and they said pick up at port is 8:30am. Is this enough time for us to get off the ship and meet our guide?

2) Our cruise ends in Civitavecchia and docks at 6am then we will be boarding the train to Venice. I am trying to figure out what time to book our train for? What time can I expect to be off the ship?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Usually, the earliest you can get off of the ship is if you self-debark, ie; you carry your own luggage off the gangway at 9 pm.

You might try posting your question on the NCL forum at Cruise Critic to see if anyone traveling to Civitavecchia has experience with an earlier debark from this port.

Jonathan

Usually, the earliest you can get off of the ship is if you self-debark, ie; you carry your own luggage off the gangway at 9 pm.

You might try posting your question on the NCL forum at Cruise Critic to see if anyone traveling to Civitavecchia has experience with an earlier debark from this port.

Jonathan

I agree, asking on the NCL board for specific cruise line questions is the best thing to do. I will say (and I don't know NCL) that it seems odd that NCL has self disembark at 9am.

If you dock at a port (not your final port) at 7am, you will have no problem getting off by 7:30 for your private tour.

For your Venice train, I would be be thinking a train route starting at Civi 9am is plenty safe. You do realize you will be going to Rome Termini on a regional train, then transferring to a high speed train in Rome?

Tons of train and related Civi info on the Italy board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

Edited by CruiserBruce

My bad, Cruising777, I thought Civitavecchia was the end of the cruise. It usually takes a half-hour or so for the Coast Guard to clear a ship. It the Epic arrives at 7:00 am you can probably debark by 7:30 or 8:00 am. You shouldn't have any problem making your 8:30 am excursion.

Jonathan

cruiserking, Yes the cruise ends in Civitavecchia.

My first question was for the port of Naples which we arrive at 7am and we need to meet the tour operator at 8:30am

My second question was for the end of the cruise in Civitavecchia which arrives at 6am and we need to take the train to Venice.

I have now also posted the question on the NCL forum as you suggested.

Thank you :)

My first question was for the port of Naples which we arrive at 7am and we need to meet the tour operator at 8:30am

My second question was for the end of the cruise in Civitavecchia which arrives at 6am and we need to take the train to Venice.

You will have plenty of time at Naples, as long as the ship docks at the stated time. It actually only takes about 5 minutes to get off the ship to where the tour operators wait for the passengers just outside the terminal.

I had a transfer organised for Civitavecchia due to the number of ships in port and handling our luggage. There are tour companies that are cost effective ($70 AUD to the Rome airport) and much easier than the train which is a bit of a distance from the port if walking and dragging luggage.

Edited by MicCanberra

NCL's self debark usually starts at 7:15 - 7:30am with the suite guests who disembark with the concierge first followed immediately by all other guests who are self disembarking and then those guests whose luggage was disembarked by the crew based on their flight plans - earlier flights get priority over later flights. The ship will be completely disembarked by 9am - 9:30am in most cases.

8:30 seems very doable to me if you are going to self disembark. You will probably be off the ship no later than 7:45 or so.

You will have no problem, meeting your tour operator at 8:30am. The Port of Naples is very convenient and he will pull up in his vehicle near your dock.