The Waffles Are Wonderful

Lois R

I totally forgot to put this in my review.......

After 6 Celebrity Cruises I tried my first waffles on SUMMIT

and I must say everyone who has ever said anything good about

them knows of what they speak:)

We had them one morning up on the buffet, sat in the AFT area.

They were probably some of the best waffles I have ever eaten.

Light and fluffy, wonderful texture and flavor too.

For anyone who has not tried them~I recommend them highly:):D

and I want to be back on the ship!!!!

OK, now I'm hungry and I'll have to go make my own waffles :) , sure wish I was sitting aft on the deck of any ship right now!

Lois, you should be glad you cruised the week you did, our weather here is not cold, but a bit drizzly and very bleak. Not normal for So. California in October, we're usually still in shorts this time of year!

Do they serve the waffles on Century? On Infinity, we had breakfast on our balcony every morning except the last. I had heard so many great things about the waffles that we planned to have those as our final meal on the ship. To my disappointment, they weren't serving them on the last day. If they're available on Century, I plan to have them at least once. Thanks :)

On our recent Summit cruise, waffles were not on the concierge class breakfast menu. We loved having our breakfast on our balcony, but we had to make the choice to go upstairs a few mornings to get some of the great waffles!

Steve

Waffles had never been on my list of breakfast favorites ....until I decided to try the Celebrity version. I was curious after finding mention of them here on the boards, so the next time I sailed I reluctantly stood in line to see for myself what all the hype was about. It took only one taste for my opinion to change! :D Since then, I find it difficult to resist heading to the waffle station every morning that I am cruising! Ummmmm! Even the thought of one with a little butter and syrup is delicious! :)

Hi Eric:) to be honest with you, I cannot recall if they are on the

menu for the dining room.

I know they have pancakes and french toast in the dining room

for breakfast and I tried to the pancakes one morning...they are

very good:D.

I had breakfast in the dining room, up on the buffet and in the aquaspa

cafe one morning as well.

It was all good to me:)

Erik, I've not ever had breakfast in the dining room. I am an early riser and love to spend the early mornings oustide reading, so I usually just hop up the the buffet to grab a quick AM bite (or two :D). However, I seem to recall that my travel companions asked about the waffles in the dining room and were told that they were served only at the station in the buffet area. Perhaps someone who knows for sure will offer you a more definitive answer. Sorry that I could not answer your question with more certainty.

Tarheelmjfan, they do serve waffles on Century. It is served outside where they have the sandwiches at lunch. They are so good that I have to limit how many days I have these. I try not to have too many calories while sailing so I don't have them everyday. they change the topping from day to day. My husband's favorite is blueberry. Enjoy! Pat

Waffles had never been on my list of breakfast favorites ....until I decided to try the Celebrity version. I was curious after finding mention of them here on the boards, so the next time I sailed I reluctantly stood in line to see for myself what all the hype was about. It took only one taste for my opinion to change! :D Since then, I find it difficult to resist heading to the waffle station every morning that I am cruising! Ummmmm! Even the thought of one with a little butter and syrup is delicious! :)

A major reason the waffles are so good on Celebrity at the waffle and pancake station at the buffet is that they are made to order. They have not been sitting around. It is not the only reason though. This summer besides Zenith I was also on NCL Dawn and they made waffles for you at their buffet. The NCL waffles were not as good nor did they have the wonderful toppings like they have on Celebrity.

Hi, I can't recall where the exact spot for Waffles are on Mercury.

I sailed her last year but never tried them. I suggest you check out

the breakfast buffet up on the Lido Deck, it is up there somewhere.

And there is not a waffle station in the aqua spa. They do have

good food there though!:)

Tarheelmjfan, they do serve waffles on Century. It is served outside where they have the sandwiches at lunch. They are so good that I have to limit how many days I have these. I try not to have too many calories while sailing so I don't have them everyday. they change the topping from day to day. My husband's favorite is blueberry. Enjoy! Pat

Thanks, Pat! :) We only ate the lunch buffet once on Infinity, so I don't know where the sandwiches are located, but my nose will sniff out the waffles. :D

LOIS........................everyone was supposed to keep the waffle thing quiet, damn, now everyone will be in line for them.

Mercury, walk back, back ,back and back through the buffet on the left (I think) there is a waffle set up there in the morning, sort of across from the small aft pool.

I was in the waffle line on Infinity and had a lady cooker one morning, she asked me how many I would like and I replied fourteen! She didn't blink and proceeded to take them out of the iron.......................... I KNOW she would have given me fourteen of them, no problem. I told her I was kidding, only took and ate four.

They're completely, utterly, downright, positively ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we were on the Infinity, I checked out the breakfast buffet when we finally at sea and found the station! There went our breakfast plans for the rest of the cruise. :cool: Strawberries and whipped cream? YUMMMMMMM!!!!!

Anita

LOIS........................everyone was supposed to keep the waffle thing quiet, damn, now everyone will be in line for them.

Mercury, walk back, back ,back and back through the buffet on the left (I think) there is a waffle set up there in the morning, sort of across from the small aft pool.

I was in the waffle line on Infinity and had a lady cooker one morning, she asked me how many I would like and I replied fourteen! She didn't blink and proceeded to take them out of the iron.......................... I KNOW she would have given me fourteen of them, no problem. I told her I was kidding, only took and ate four.

You wouldn't keep them a secret from me would you? I might have to cry ;) I guarantee probably she had a request like that before and someone took all those waffles. I can't see a point of taking so much food you know you can't eat, but some people do that.

Cat, :) oops, forgive me. I didn't know it was a secret;) And I certainly

don't want to make anyone cry.

And I had never even tried them before this cruise! So someone kept it

a secret from me too.

Archived