Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

The same card you speak of also talked about other things, ice, blankets robes, and again, didn't say just select one. Do you think that someone only thought they were only allowed to check "ice" for example, and not "ice" and "robes". It didn't take me a second to look at the form and see nothing that said "select one" to put a checkmark in the "morning" box and "evening" box.

Let it go......let it go.....the people who think it's a conspiracy will think it will be one no matter what you say.

Edited by jimbo5544

No matter what the announcement is, someone will complain.

Carnival could say that they're going to give everyone a bag of gold bars as they board the ship and someone would complain that there's no one there to carry it to their cabin for them.

Best post ever on cruise critic lmao

The other problem would deciding are the points based on the cost of the cabin or the amount you pay. I.E. If One couple gets a free two cat. upgarde. Due they get the same number of points as the couple next door who paid the full price.

My problem with basing on cost of cabin is if I book a cabin early and get a great deal and someone else books the same category cabin right next to me later and prices have gone up, they would get more points. I'm ok with points based on category but not on cost. If they want to do cost of cabin, then they need to eliminate the price fluctuation.

My problem with basing on cost of cabin is if I book a cabin early and get a great deal and someone else books the same category cabin right next to me later and prices have gone up, they would get more points. I'm ok with points based on category but not on cost. If they want to do cost of cabin, then they need to eliminate the price fluctuation.

And what if you're the one that booked the higher cost cabin?

Some of the airlines have moved to a two tier system - with miles and dollars spent. Wouldn't surprise me to see Carnival consider it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that everyone despises standing in lines. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that enjoys standing in lines.

"Hey, honey. What do you want to do for vacation this summer?"

"I know. Let's go to Disney World at peak times and just stand in line at Space Mountain and Splash Mountain all day long."

:) :D

Fair enough. I should have said "I despise standing in lines so much that I'll happily pay to avoid it". :D

https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

You also have to log into ur account manager to see what level u are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you!!

I got it!

next question....I'm sailing out of Honolulu to Sydney Au., next year, its with Australian Carnival....I'm sure they will add those days to my VIFP.

anyone know? yes I could call carnival, but you guys are more fun!! :)

Your answer could have been twice a day please. Yes sir, mam, not a problem would be their answer to your request. Or, the card didn't say select one. You select both morning and evening. So, what exactly is your issue with that?

Was not an option on our last Splendor cruise. We even asked about it. Once a day service, that was it.

Thank you!!

I got it!

next question....I'm sailing out of Honolulu to Sydney Au., next year, its with Australian Carnival....I'm sure they will add those days to my VIFP.

Your cruising on CCL so they count.

Your cruising on CCL so they count.

Australian cruise points are not automatically awarded. Notes from the VIFP Terms and Conditions below:

In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), Members must log into their Account and request that VIFP Points be awarded for Days earned on such Australian Cruise(s). Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise.

Thank you!!

I got it!

Oh, didn't they tell you? In the southern hemisphere cruises, they take days away from your VIFP points.

Australian cruise points are not automatically awarded. Notes from the VIFP Terms and Conditions below:

In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), Members must log into their Account and request that VIFP Points be awarded for Days earned on such Australian Cruise(s). Members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information. CCL will not automatically award VIFP Points for any Australian Cruise.

How strange. Wonder why they would do it this way.

Was not an option on our last Splendor cruise. We even asked about it. Once a day service, that was it.

We simply mentioned to our steward that with 2 teens in the cabin we would prefer 2x a day and his response was "no problem, I'll see to it" and cabin was serviced perfectly 2x per day.

I stated on the facebook page that the last time they improved the loyalty program we got screwed. Hope this improvement didn't screw us again. Not that I think anyone reads the comments. But it made me feel better.

We got screwed last time too. We were both Milestone when they changed it and were told we would be grandfathered into Diamond. We were knocked back to Platinum. I made it to Diamond, but DH has several more cruises to go to catch up.

Maybe they would let you use "early saver" to INCREASE the amount you pay so you could earn more points towards their VALUABLE perks!

Edited by jma624

This has been a long time in the works....Back on 11/17/14 Carnival CEO Arnold Donald stated that plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands and that it is coming down the pike...hopefully we have reached the end of the pike if what John says is true and happens within a reasonable time frame. We shall see just how soon this will be...

This has been a long time in the works....Back on 11/17/14 Carnival CEO Arnold Donald stated that plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands and that it is coming down the pike...hopefully we have reached the end of the pike if what John says is true and happens within a reasonable time frame. We shall see just how soon this will be...

Based on past history they are still looking for the right pike:D:D