Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Has there been an announcement as to when the info/changes are coming out?:eek:

Sometimes I think the Grand Ambassador throws that out there just to change the subject of another matter. Word has it as of two months back, SOON !

Oh man...I hope they don't change it for the worse. We only have 2 more cruises before we get platinum, the hard way (75 days). We were only three cruises away from moving up from gold to platinum a couple years ago, when they changed it to the 75 days rather than 10 cruises (I think it used to be 10). Although I was disappointed last time we got close and had them change it, I actually did understand. It was kind of silly that you could take ten 3-4 day cruises and become platinum. I just won't be happy if they do it again, now that we are only 2 cruises away from platinum...again, getting it the long/hard way.

Sweet! My group is now all GOLD! However, it's too long a wait, until the next step. They should have put a step in between Gold & Diamond.

My problem is that I sail all the lines, as long as it's a good sale. :)

That's really not a problem. A good savings on one cruise could be worth much more than the perks on subsequent cruises. It just never seems like it at the time [emoji4]

That's really not a problem. A good savings on one cruise could be worth much more than the perks on subsequent cruises. It just never seems like it at the time [emoji4]

Diamond perks including event with capt and senior officers can make cruise special.

Having said that sorry we didnt start with Princess earlier to get us to elite before we will be needing help to go on a cruise.

Sweet! My group is now all GOLD! However, it's too long a wait, until the next step. They should have put a step in between Gold & Diamond.

I have not read every post in this thread. You may be referring to something different but there is a level between Gold and Diamond. It is Platinum.

Take care,

Mike

The morning servicing of the cabin includes vacuuming, changing linens if needed, ice etc. The evening includes the ice and bathroom cleanup after people had showers, changing out towels. Not as much time for the evening service. My bed stays made after morning service, I travel solo so don't use the 4 towels I have, no need to replace them. Easy turn down. Many times I've told the steward I only need ice.

I clean up the house before the maid comes and I do the same on the ship.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

You are correct Mike. I wasn't sure if Diamond was next or Platinum was.

However, the thought is the same. It's too long a jump to get to Platinum.

I think I'll stick to my way of picking a cruise. If it's a bargain, I'll book. No matter what line it is.:D

It's a much bigger jump to get to Diamond from Platinum than it is to get from Gold to Platinum.

Gold to Platinum 50 days

Platinum to Diamond 125 days

Heck even first timers only need 75 days to reach Platinum.

The morning servicing of the cabin includes vacuuming, changing linens if needed, ice etc. The evening includes the ice and bathroom cleanup after people had showers, changing out towels. Not as much time for the evening service. My bed stays made after morning service, I travel solo so don't use the 4 towels I have, no need to replace them. Easy turn down. Many times I've told the steward I only need ice.

I clean up the house before the maid comes and I do the same on the ship.

I do the same in our cabin.I'm not a neat freak but I like things to not look sloppy.I will usually throw the covers on the bed , hang up towels , and just try to make it look like a couple of slobs haven't moved in.

What they also need is a step above Diamond, getting to be to many.

I do the same in our cabin.I'm not a neat freak but I like things to not look sloppy.I will usually throw the covers on the bed , hang up towels , and just try to make it look like a couple of slobs haven't moved in.

How and Why did this thread get ambushed from talking about the Loyalty Program into how the and when the rooms are cleaned.

How and Why did this thread get ambushed from talking about the Loyalty Program into how the and when the rooms are cleaned.

Exactly! Please stay on topic on this thread about the loyalty program.. and perhaps start a new thread about cleaning of the rooms;)

What they also need is a step above Diamond, getting to be to many.

I don't see it. The Diamonds will need to learn how to share with each other. On many sailings, perhaps most, there are only a few Diamonds. On longer and specialty cruises, there could be more.

What Carnival could do is on any given cruise, is give the Diamonds with the most sea days something extra. But not a new level. Perhaps the same with the other levels.

On the Magic there were 76 of us that were treated to a private Dinner with choice steaks and drinks of our choice.

Last cruise there were only four of us my wife and I being two and it was a private party with the Captain and flowing cocktails Horderves & Snacks .

We have enjoyed some very nice dinners with captains and other officers. Always a great time.

Our last two on Royal were very special, as Diamond Plus. Wish Carnival would do what they did on Majesty! The top three cruisers, (we were number 2), were presented with their choice of wine, champagne, or liquor at the Top Tier Event. We received a very nice bottle. :)

I don't see it. The Diamonds will need to learn how to share with each other. On many sailings, perhaps most, there are only a few Diamonds. On longer and specialty cruises, there could be more.

What Carnival could do is on any given cruise, is give the Diamonds with the most sea days something extra. But not a new level. Perhaps the same with the other levels.

I have seen them do this at the past guest party. They usually bring them on stage and present them with some small gift (usually champagne). They announce the cruise days, etc. Photos are taken with some of the ship's officers. They will do one serious photo and then a 'funny face' one. Quite funny sometimes!

At one such party they presented a 6year old with his Diamond Card!