Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Definitely agreed! I think the same goes for the Carnival WMC. We would not only try a few other lines, but I use my CWMC for EVERYTHING. Not being able to get double points for a cruise on a line they own is a deal breaker for me when I can pay w/ a Carnival cruise and get dbl pts.

When we first got our Carnival M/C was a good deal but now there are so many better cards offering 3% cash back for all travel our Carnival card stays home.

Then try a knife. But don't go changing someone's words so that you can make a better argument.

I'm not making an argument, I'm making a statement. Perks don't mean diddly squat but some people seem to revere them. I even modified my post to nearly the same. If I can save $20 a person on a cruise I couldn't care less whether perks come with that cruise or not. So if the supposed cruises in question weren't damn near identical in all aspects, the last thing on my mind would be what perks come with said cruise.

I'm not making an argument, I'm making a statement. Perks don't mean diddly squat but some people seem to revere them. I even modified my post to nearly the same. If I can save $20 a person on a cruise I couldn't care less whether perks come with that cruise or not. So if the supposed cruises in question weren't damn near identical in all aspects, the last thing on my mind would be what perks come with said cruise.

I think it depends on the perks, and the value placed on them. Granted this is Carnival, which has the lowest benefits in their loyalty program (which fits their business model. Lower cost cruising, keep the price down and give less in terms of benefits, including loyalty). I'm not sure anything is diddly though, especially on other lines where there are some real values to the benefits given on them. A lot of people pay $50-70 for FTTF, which is basically much the same as the loyalty values.

I tend to look at the perks in the value of the cruise, and factor them into the price and worth of it. Yes, I can spend a few bucks less in the price of the cruise, but if the value of the perks are more then that, then that has to be accounted for.

What perks do Carnival offer that would be a deal changer for anyone reading this? In other words, what would they have to give you in order to go with Carnival rather then any other cruise line? I have never given "perks" a single thought when planning a cruise. I'm not platinum or diamond with anyone, but I've been on plenty of cruises and have sailed with a variety of lines depending on value and itinerary.

What perks do Carnival offer that would be a deal changer for anyone reading this? In other words, what would they have to give you in order to go with Carnival rather then any other cruise line? I have never given "perks" a single thought when planning a cruise. I'm not platinum or diamond with anyone, but I've been on plenty of cruises and have sailed with a variety of lines depending on value and itinerary.

Assuming two cruises are about equal and one company offered free laundry and free internet that would make me look harder at that cruise line.

John again has been throwing out questions regarding changes in the loyalty program in his posts the last few weeks or week or so. I think it's coming soon, but they are just getting an idea of how it will affect customers via his FB page from the post and comments there. I think they already have an idea of what they are going to do, but just are getting some feedback in advance of making the decision. I have several cruise booked with them between now and the summer, and after the summer cruise, I'll be 5 days away from Platinum. It seems from most of his questions they are looking to add a level between Platinum and Diamond. Who knows for sure what they are thinking until the actual announcement comes out.

Some perks are worth a lot more than $20. Free bag of laundry can easily be worth $30 to $40 per person. Free Internet can be worth even more. Priority status can make the difference between making it to an independent tour on time or not or making an early flight. Free drinks can mean a lot to someone who drinks a lot. Perks have value. In some cases the perks reduce the cost of the cruise (balcony discounts are a perk on Royal Caribbean). Your status on both Royal Caribbean and NCL can mean access to a much better breakfast than the other passengers get. On NCL it can mean the ability to get a reservation at a restaurant that does not otherwise accept reservations. Perks on Royal Caribbean can save you a lot of time standing in line at the excursion desk. Get high enough status, you can qualify for a free cruise. On Carnival being Platinum gives you a free FTTF. On Royal Caribbean you have to be at least D+ to get one of the three tours that is offered.

The list goes on and on.

Does anyone know the answer of this for me? I have 4 more VIFP than my hubby because I took my daughter without him once.. Now I am going to turn platinum tier on our 2nd next cruise, so will I just get the platinum card or will we both?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know the answer of this for me? I have 4 more VIFP than my hubby because I took my daughter without him once.. Now I am going to turn platinum tier on our 2nd next cruise, so will I just get the platinum card or will we both?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just you

I saw his post. As long as we are cruising with kid, we won't sail on any of the other lines he presented as options. Even when we start cruising without kid, it's doubtful we'll ever be on Princess again although we admired the Caribbean Princess when it was docked in Cozumel with us last week.

He asked if they were to combine loyalty programs with other CCL lines, which would we prefer...then he listed the lines and an all of the above option.

Agree (yn). I was so ticked when they changed the rules abruptly last time.

I hope they don't change anything yet, my next cruise I will finally hit platinum:eek:.

One of the posts mentioned black diamond that will be interesting if that's true and what the perks would be and what would be the cut off point in terms of sea days. Right now I have 235 sea days.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound
wording

One of the posts mentioned black diamond that will be interesting if that's true and what the perks would be and what would be the cut off point in terms of sea days. Right now I have 235 sea days.

Gary

Black Diamond as in the KISS song? Or as in the difficult ski slope? Now that is funny. I'm thinking it will be more of a "Platinum Plus" tier between Platinum and Diamond.

Not sure if I'm just kidding or not,,,, :) I almost wish they would take things away again enough to really tick me off for good (or at least awhile). My husband & I were going to venture out and try Celebrity but the Carnival schedule & prices kept us coming back. We were within 1 cruise of becoming platinum under the old rules when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. Now my gold perks are even more diminished than they were, I don't base my cruise on a past guest party with free drinks but did look forward to it and only skipped it once. I am within 12 days of reaching platinum under the new format and don't know if it's worth it to reach that goal as then I would feel even more tied to Carnival and less likely to try another cruise line.

Not sure if I'm just kidding or not' date=',,, :) I almost wish they would take things away again enough to really tick me off for good (or at least awhile). My husband & I were going to venture out and try Celebrity but the Carnival schedule & prices kept us coming back. We were within 1 cruise of becoming platinum under the old rules when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. Now my gold perks are even more diminished than they were, I don't base my cruise on a past guest party with free drinks but did look forward to it and only skipped it once. I am within 12 days of reaching platinum under the new format and don't know if it's worth it to reach that goal as then I would feel even more tied to Carnival and less likely to try another cruise line.[/quote']

Dont make the same mistake we did. Took about 25 cruises in a row with Carnival and always had a good time but found out there are better ways to cruise especially if you want to see the world.

These days for caribbean cruises we do Carnival but away from continental US Princess.

Dont make the same mistake we did. Took about 25 cruises in a row with Carnival and always had a good time but found out there are better ways to cruise especially if you want to see the world.

These days for caribbean cruises we do Carnival but away from continental US Princess.

I think that's a great way to approach it. Carnival has Caribbean island hoping down to a science. And so I think they'll always be our 'go to' for that experience. But I've already said that when we do Alaska, we're probably going Princess. And in retirement, we'd love to do something longer and more exotic.

I think that's a great way to approach it. Carnival has Caribbean island hoping down to a science. And so I think they'll always be our 'go to' for that experience. But I've already said that when we do Alaska, we're probably going Princess. And in retirement, we'd love to do something longer and more exotic.

Not yet retired but taking my work with me on cruise which has allowed us to graduate to longer 14-15 day cruises.