Summit to Mexico Cruise Pictures 9/30/05

mjceditor

http://community.webshots.com/album/483314407bDEpPd

There have been several trip reports on this cruise already so I am not going to write one, but all I can say is what a great cruise Mary and I had. I would say the service and food were a touch better than our March cruise aboard the Summit. We had a wonderful time with a CC friends Colin & Jan, Ari & Jen, Michael, and Jo & Tom. What made this cruise all the more special was once again cruising with our CC friends Larry & Sue “Lsimon” and Mary and I are looking forward cruising with Larry and Sue to Hawaii next March.

see pics of my new love below...and one of us at other captains table

http://community.webshots.com/album/330890473AhasNk

Ralph and Marge from san diego

sdcruisers@cwnet.com

http://community.webshots.com/album/483314407bDEpPd

There have been several trip reports on this cruise already so I am not going to write one, but all I can say is what a great cruise Mary and I had. I would say the service and food were a touch better than our March cruise aboard the Summit. We had a wonderful time with a CC friends Colin & Jan, Ari & Jen, Michael, and Jo & Tom. What made this cruise all the more special was once again cruising with our CC friends Larry & Sue “Lsimon” and Mary and I are looking forward cruising with Larry and Sue to Hawaii next March.

Mike, GREAT pictures, I just re-lived our last Nov, trip aboard Mercury with you!!! I nominate you the professional photographer for the Connie cruise! :D

Rosie, thank you for the compliment. Tell you what, I will share the photo taking duties with Larry ”lsimon” . I have had a sneak peak at his pictures and they look really good.

Ari, thank you!

Michael, It would be our pleasure to cruise with you again.

Ralph, I have pictures of the Summit from our last cruise. There were some that did not need to be repeated. :)

Garry, Thank you. Mary and I are looking forward to cruising with you and Bob next March. Hawaii is going to be so much fun.

Phil, glad you enjoyed my pictures. It is always fun to look at pictures of the ports you will be visiting soon. I believe the Martinis you a referring to are a Chocolate Kiss and a Jerry Berry., yes they were sweet. The ingredients for the Chocolate Kiss are Vincent Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Chocolate Chips. The Jerry Berry Martini is not on the Menu and you have to ask to it.

Phil sweet and quite strong judging by a couple of the photos :rolleyes .

I was not even remotely interested in Martinis until I was kidnapped by the Martini gang in March and made to drink them..... several were forced down my neck on some evenings if I remember. At least I made it off the ship in Panama... although not too steadily. Thank goodness for strong black coffee on the train to Panama city.

They were sweet, delicious and very strong when consumed in quantity. My preference was for the apple martini not quite so sweet but very yummy.

On formal night there can be only one drink - the proper martini.........

' the name's Bond - Harpenden Bond' ;) ;)

Thanks for the great pictures! I'll be going on the Mercury in December to basically the same locations - and I have never been - so I really enjoyed seeing a peek. Also, what a nice stateroom! I will try to remember the number for future reference!

Debra

Great pictures, thanks for sharing, especially the cliff divers. Did you take a tour to see them or just went by yourself. Any tours you can recommend in any of the ports?

Excitedofharpendem - We will also be on the Mercury but in January. Enjoy your cruise and give us a review when you get back.

We hired a Taxi for 4 hours, the price was $25pp. The Taxi driver asked what we wanted to do and we said shop and see the Cliff Drivers. I am sure the Taxi driver would be more than happy to take you on a tour of the City or what ever you want to do.

As for other ShoreX’s it all depends on what you like to do. Visit the Mexico board and you will get lots of info on different tours.

We hired a Taxi for 4 hours, the price was $25pp. The Taxi driver asked what we wanted to do and we said shop and see the Cliff Drivers. .

How many people did you have in cab? From your wonderful pictures it didn't look like you took them from the restaurant - can you just go and watch from the street?

I am checking the ports forum for other excursions but thought someone might have specific recommendations. We prefer not to do ship's excursions.

Thanks again.

Eleanor

How many people did you have in cab? From your wonderful pictures it didn't look like you took them from the restaurant - can you just go and watch from the street?

I am checking the ports forum for other excursions but thought someone might have specific recommendations. We prefer not to do ship's excursions.

Thanks again.

Eleanor

Eleanor: Hi, I'm Larry and my wife and I shared the cab and trip with Mike and Mary. The cab was a van and probably could have held 9 or so, although a bit crowded. I believe there were three bench seats. I'm not sure if the rate would have been different for more people in the same cab or not. The driver told us about all the options for the Cliff Divers. We choose to stand outside. I think admission was $3/PP which included your choose of a bottle of beer, soda pop, or water. It was a "little" crowded when we got there, so the prime viewing spots were gone, but still lots of decent places to get a view as you can see in Mike's pictures. I think there may have been a couple options involving the restaurant as well.

The $25PP was a flat rate for 4 hours. We had the cab driver take us to several shopping areas as well. He did a nice job explaining the differences and advising us which places bargain, which were fixed price, and putting a nice perspective on the sales techniques of the proprietors.

Thanks Larry. I'm assuming you picked up the van at the pier? How long did the divers show last and did the driver just wait for you til it was over?

Eleanor

Yes, we picked up the Taxi at the Pier. The drivers are standing right out side the shops. There is a white steel canopy, you can’t miss them.

These drivers have the Port Authority endorsement, they have all been screened, and their paper work is in order, late model vehicles with AC, English speaking drivers with a great service attitude.

I would say the Cliff Divers show lasted maybe 20 minutes if that. You can not see the show from the street. I have seen the show twice, once from the restaurant and once from the walkway on the side. The best view is from the restaurant but it costs more. Don’t know the price for sure as we were with a ShoreX. Yes, the driver waits for. He will find you, after all he has not been paid yet.

Archived