Dining question

jrkat69

We are leaving on the Pride in 3 weeks and are confirmed for your time dining for our group of 6. I keep reading about the huge waits to get seated so I am getting concerned. If I put us on the waitlist for early dining, will I lose our confirmed status for your time dining. We definitely don't want late dining and I am worried if I go on a waitlist...they may place us in late if early isn't available. Not quite sure how this works.

We are leaving on the Pride in 3 weeks and are confirmed for your time dining for our group of 6. I keep reading about the huge waits to get seated so I am getting concerned. If I put us on the waitlist for early dining, will I lose our confirmed status for your time dining. We definitely don't want late dining and I am worried if I go on a waitlist...they may place us in late if early isn't available. Not quite sure how this works.

Hi jrkat

I agree that at this late date they wouldn't be able to confirm an early seating for you. No harm in calling and asking. If you feel this is what you really want, your best bet otherwise would be to see the maître d' first thing on embarkation day, he might be able to accommodate you.

If you stick with the YTD just remember that if you go early you will likely not have to wait. Like any other restaurant, once the available seating is full you would have to wait for those already seated to finish.

It is just a matter of timing and it would vary with each sailing depending on when that rush of people decide they are hungry. Don't forget that you always choose to do something else during the time you are waiting.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

YTD starts 15 minutes before early dining. If you are eating early, don't worry about waits. We've never had to wait (other than standing in line for the hostess) when dining at or before the early dining time (6:00pm).

Here's the deal....

Your Time Dining.... get there early. They can't give you a table if people are sitting there eating. We got there around 5:30-6pm every night, walked right in and got a table for two. When we left, usually around 7-7:30pm, there was a line at the door.

While we've not had YTD on the Pride, we usually book YTD & have loved having the option of going whenever we want. As you said you want early dining, 5:45-6:20 or so should be a good time with little wait. The only nights we have waited very long are elegant nights-just plan accordingly. They give you a beeper to alert you when table is ready & you can go sit in a bar or other area while you wait. We've found that we get seated sooner if we are willing to be seated with others. Since you are a group of 6, this may not apply to you. But you might be seated at a 8-10 top. enjoy your cruise.

I've had anytime dining my last 4 cruises on the Pride and some nights we walked right in, but other nights there was a wait--longest being about 15 minutes. We always requested a table for 2 and usually went during the busiest time between 7:00-7:30pm.

We would just get a beeper and hang out and before we knew it that thing was beeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I emailed the maitre d' and fingers crossed that we can get early dining. Either way I will be cruising and can't wait to get on the ship!!

I personally never had trouble with YTD dining after three cruises with it. Waited 2x total out of those three trips with the longest 40 mins. And it's not like I was starving with all the food consumption I was doing on the trip . ha!