Hotel for overnight stay in Miami

jonivwgator

Not sure where in FLA you are driving from? :confused: You might look at two one way rentals and avoid any parking fees. National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free POM shuttles from their MIA airport location. Avis, Hertz and others are located in downtown Miami, close to POM - a $12 cab if they do not shuttle.

Another option is to stay cheap outside of Miami (West Palm is only about 1.5 hours away) and park at POM - covered, convenient and secure.

A few of the budget places near the MIA airport are often suggested - La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center. None offers a shuttle back to your car so figure on a $25+ cab to get back to the hotel.

http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com are two sources I have used to find hotel parking deals.

Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC

We are driving from north Florida. It's a 5-5 1/2 hour drive for us! We were trying not to spend over $150 for hotel since we have to pay the hefty port parking. It's probably easiest for us to park at the port because we are traveling with young kids. I am really just trying to find a hotel that doesn't add resort fees and $30-$40 just to park. I priced the holiday in downtown and the intercontinental. They are very convenient but get you on parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jonivwgator

When are you travelling? The same room can be 3-4x as much in the peak tourist season compared to off-peak.

Downtown parking in Miami, or any major city, is going to be expensive any time of year.

Edited by aurelius180

And the date????? This IS relevant if you want specific hotel help.

With a budget around $150, unless in summer, you'll need to stay out of the downtown/port area.

Look at the chains in the Blue Lagoon airport area. Some offer parking while cruising if you decide against port parking.

If you are parking at the port while cruising, then to save $, I'd park 45 min or more from downtown. Just drive in on cruise day.

We are driving from north Florida. It's a 5-5 1/2 hour drive for us! We were trying not to spend over $150 for hotel since we have to pay the hefty port parking. It's probably easiest for us to park at the port because we are traveling with young kids. I am really just trying to find a hotel that doesn't add resort fees and $30-$40 just to park. I priced the holiday in downtown and the intercontinental. They are very convenient but get you on parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels will charge guests $30+ per night for parking. :mad: Stay outside of Miami/FLL area and drive to the port the morning of your cruise - WPB is only about 1.5 hours from POM with several reasonable hotels right off the highway.

Another option may be a discount site like hotwire or priceline. No it doesn't guarantee you parking but if the discount on the room is great enough it shouldn't matter.

Also try an App called ParkingWiz to find the cheapest parking near where you want to be.

Edited by trish1c

Try the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami.

Hotel will include a nice breakfast.

Relatively close to the port.

And near Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurants and some shopping.

Keith

And Hampton Inn has the best price for parking that I've seen....$22/night! ;)

Another option may be a discount site like hotwire or priceline. No it doesn't guarantee you parking but if the discount on the room is great enough it shouldn't matter.

Also try an App called ParkingWiz to find the cheapest parking near where you want to be.

Lucked out with Name Your Own Price on Priceline. For December, got the Intercontinental Miami for $150.

Anyone know of a place to buy wine within walking distance of that hotel?

I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel for 1 night near the port of Miami. We normally sail out of Port Canaveral so Miami is new to me. Several places I have checked have high parking and resort fees.

Hello!

I recommend you The Hampton Inn Coconut Grove. Its located only minutes away from South Beach, Key Biscayne, port of Miami and Downtown Miami.

If you dont have a car, you can also take the metro with access to Brickell restaurants and bars area.

Also the hotel has free buffet breakfast and WIFI is included.

you should visit their website: http://www.hamptoninncoconutgrove.com/ :D

Lucked out with Name Your Own Price on Priceline. For December, got the Intercontinental Miami for $150.

Anyone know of a place to buy wine within walking distance of that hotel?

There is a CVS store just a short walk away.

There is a CVS store just a short walk away.

Thanks for the info. Excellent. Will purchase my allotment before embarkation.

FYI . . . my particular cruise, and perhaps others on RCCL currently have a 20% off their Ultimate, Premium and Select beverage packages. Personally, I don't drink enough to make it a 'good' buy but might be worthwhile for other cruisers.:)

We just stayed at the Homewood Suites Miami Downtown/Brickell pre-cruise last week and I liked it. The hotel is new and clean. They offer weekday breakfast and heavy hors d'oeuvres with beer and wine in the evening. I liked the location, a very short walk (1.5 block) to publix/walgreens. There is a citibike rental kiosk right on the corner by publix where you can rent a bike and hop right on the m-path/underline to get a great ride in, do some sight seeing, etc.

We just stayed at the Homewood Suites Miami Downtown/Brickell pre-cruise last week and I liked it. The hotel is new and clean. They offer weekday breakfast and heavy hors d'oeuvres with beer and wine in the evening. I liked the location, a very short walk (1.5 block) to publix/walgreens. There is a citibike rental kiosk right on the corner by publix where you can rent a bike and hop right on the m-path/underline to get a great ride in, do some sight seeing, etc.

I am considering this hotel and wondered how convenient the location was. We are planning on going to Bayside Market to pick up a tour - what is the best way to get there? I know there are other hotels with a more convenient location for this, but Homewood Suites has the suite style room we need at a good price.

Well I think that you should visit The Hampton Inn Coconut Grove it's a great option. Its located only minutes away from South Beach, Key Biscayne, port of Miami and Downtown Miami. You can also take the metro with access to Brickell restaurants and bars area. The hotel has free buffet breakfast and WIFI is included.

Here's their website: http://www.hamptoninncoconutgrove.com/

Have a nice vacations!!