Anthem iPad/TV connection

If this question has already been answered in a previous thread, I was unable to find any answers within the last year.

I am trying to find out what all I will need to connect an iPad to the stateroom tv. I already plan to take a Samsung remote. Will I need an HDMI cable and/or something else? If someone has found success in connecting, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

If the HDMI does work you will need an Apple lightning digital AV adaptor, this will allow the HDMI cable to be connected to your iPad. If your iPad is the older version with 30 pins then you will need the equivalent adaptor. You will need an HDMI cable and this is all provided the TV will allow to do this.

If the HDMI does work you will need an Apple lightning digital AV adaptor, this will allow the HDMI cable to be connected to your iPad. If your iPad is the older version with 30 pins then you will need the equivalent adaptor. You will need an HDMI cable and this is all provided the TV will allow to do this.

Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed it will work.

Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed it will work.

When are you sailing? I'm very interested for my Allure sailing this Fall. I've already looked at the Apple digital adapter to purchase for my iPad. Please let us know if you're successful.

When are you sailing? I'm very interested for my Allure sailing this Fall. I've already looked at the Apple digital adapter to purchase for my iPad. Please let us know if you're successful.

We sail on Thursday. Our challenge right now is to see if our Directv account will let us stream away from home!

I'll let you know how it turns out either way!

If this question has already been answered in a previous thread, I was unable to find any answers within the last year.

I am trying to find out what all I will need to connect an iPad to the stateroom tv. I already plan to take a Samsung remote. Will I need an HDMI cable and/or something else? If someone has found success in connecting, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Was on Anthem last July and all the hdmi ports where disabled.Most hotel entertainment providers do this to force you to watch (and pay for) there movies.

That's how they get ye

We sail on Thursday. Our challenge right now is to see if our Directv account will let us stream away from home!

I'll let you know how it turns out either way!

I was able to stream from my DVR app on my iPad at sea on the Anthem of the Seas. I had best results late at night when the internet usage was low.

Whe have done this on Allure multiple times exactly how it has been stated here. We will be doing it again this August when we return to her.

Edit: you can practice on your TV at home, even if it is a different brand, to get the theory down prior to your cruise.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Was on Anthem last July and all the hdmi ports where disabled.Most hotel entertainment providers do this to force you to watch (and pay for) there movies.

That's how they get ye

You can't disable the ports.

The TV remotes don't have an input selection on it.

You can't disable the ports.

The TV remotes don't have an input selection on it.

Matt, if you ask your cabin steward for the original TV remote you can gain access to the inputs. I'm not sure if every steward will get one for you but ours always have.

I have heard reports that on some ships the inputs are disabled but they do work on Allure.

Whe have done this on Allure multiple times exactly how it has been stated here. We will be doing it again this August when we return to her.

Edit: you can practice on your TV at home, even if it is a different brand, to get the theory down prior to your cruise.

So did you use an Apple lightning AV digital adapter to attach the HDMI cable to the iPad and then replace the ship HDMI cable on the tv with the other end of the HDMI cable? I was planning on bringing one of my home Samsung remotes to change the input on the tv. Is this how you did it? Also, have you tried the Amazon Fire TV Stick to stream Amazon? Any instructional info would be greatly appreciated.

I am wanting to do the same thing on our Oasis cruise in September. Someone told me to make sure to bring a remote, as you are doing, to change the input on the TV.

Please report back and let us know if it works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have hooked up both IPad, IPhone, and XBOX at hotels and ships. Take a generic universal remote ($10) because there is no guarantee your Samsung will work. Just look up the remote code for whichever TV is in the cabin and use the universal remote to change the inputs to the one you have plugged in your device.

I would not remove their input cable from the TV as it might set off an alarm or screw up you access to other ship services.

I have never seen the actually inputs disabled on the TV only the remotes not having input buttons.

You might be able to use the input buttons on the TV, but I would take the remote just to be safe.

I haven't streamed anything or used Apple TV or Chromecast. Really just because I never had the reason. If I wanted to watch a movie or TV show I can download and play it from my IPad.

I do use the Apple adapter, which was a little hard to locate and is expensive.

It CAN be done!!!! I'm trying to attach pictures, but I brought the Samsung remote, HDMI cable and Apple Lightning A/V adapter. The hardest thing was blindly putting the HDMI cable in the port!!!

image.jpg.65b534f6333bb60956273d8aad8af36f.jpg

It CAN be done!!!! I'm trying to attach pictures, but I brought the Samsung remote, HDMI cable and Apple Lightning A/V adapter. The hardest thing was blindly putting the HDMI cable in the port!!!

We have fought with that HDMI plug many times. It is a two person job depending on the cabin you are in.:D

We have fought with that HDMI plug many times. It is a two person job depending on the cabin you are in.:D

If our cabin had been in the opposite wall it would have swung out the easier way!!!

Did you plug your HDMI cable into a second HDMI port or unplug the ship's HDMI cable?