Koningsdam and Mariner discount

rescueranger

Very interesting. I wonder how many accounts have been charged for Dutch Cafe purchases as was mine.

We were on in July and were told that Dutch cafe did not get the mariner discount. Returning in three weeks and hope the finally have this sorted

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We were on in July and were told that Dutch cafe did not get the mariner discount. Returning in three weeks and hope the finally have this sorted.
Just got off this morning. The server told us our 4-day was the first cruise to get the discount, and it will be that way from now on.

For all you lucky cruisers who have sailed on the Koningsdam:

Is the Mariner discount applicable to the new dining venues Sel de Mer, Dinner at Culinary Arts Center, Grand Dutch Cafe? Holland America web site does not mention these new dining venues under the Mariner Society benefits.

We did the Ultimate Dining Package for $119 pp which included all the Specialty Restaurants. It gets a little tricky with Sel de Mer because it is A La Carte and they give up to $30 pp included in the package. We received the 50% off but if you go over $30, you will be charged the difference but the Discount would apply to overage.

Culinary Arts Center is not to be missed (as is Sel de Mer)! It was quite a surprise and the food was great as was the experience! They have two Menus: Basil and Lavender and alternate the nights on the Menu. We did Basil. We were a Group of 8 and all of us were quite impressed!

All the restaurants were excellent and if done separately from the Package, the Mariner Discount applies!

Fair warning for those of you used to Pinnacle Grill on board the Rotterdam, we found Koningsdam has totally different taste than Rotterdam. Menu was almost same but totally different taste ... just keep that in mind.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Interesting. Which did you prefer? PG on Rotterdam or Koningsdam?

Interesting. Which did you prefer? PG on Rotterdam or Koningsdam?

Just got back from our 10 days on Koningsdam.

Personally I (and my DH) preferred Rotterdam Pinnacle Grill. I loved the blackened cod sandwich with Asian slaw, arugula and spinach salad, and fruit bowl on Rotterdam. I found the same choices on Koningsdam to be a bit bland...

Edited by rim140

quote=dmcfad2;50367959]I am 4 star and we didn't get the discount in the Dutch Cafe. :( Maybe it's only for 5 star??

The ver y complete response by Mariners So\ciety as posted above, clearly says 5 Star.

Itwseems that is the question that was asked. yOU COULD ALWAYS E-MAIL TO Mainrers and ask about 4 Star if you wish.

Edited by sail7seas

Just got back from our 10 days on Koningsdam.

Personally I (and my DH) preferred Rotterdam Pinnacle Grill. I loved the blackened cod sandwich with Asian slaw, arugula and spinach salad, and fruit bowl on Rotterdam. I found the same choices on Koningsdam to be a bit bland...

Thank you :). Haven't been on the Rotterdam for more years than I care to say and we sail her in March. Appreciate the feed back.