Where to stay - Orlando/Port Canaveral?

snorkelcrazy

We are sailing Carnival Glory in March from Port Canaveral. We are going to stay an extra couple of days in Port Canaveral after the cruise. We are wondering where to stay there, and if we stay before the cruise in Orlando, which hotel has shuttles to the port?

There are tons of hotels in Orlando..... Just look and call around. Just make sure that take you to the port. You may pay more money for the hotels. But I'm sure they have been ask that before by people to be taken to the port.

Kim

We are going on the Glory Nov.5th. A whole bunch of us have met on this board and we will be staying at the Radison in Port Canaveral. This is closest hotel to the port. The Radison was highly reccomended! You should be able to find out about this hotel and see pictures of in on line. I did but don't remember where I saw them. You'd be close to the beach and the Space Center. You might think of a day or two in Port Canaveral then a day or two in Orlando. Let us know what you decide! And, ....Smile..........................

We left from Port Canaveral for our cruise in Dec. 2003. As I recall from others coming from Orlando at that time, there were no hotels that shuttle you to Port Canaveral cruise terminal from Orlando. It's at least an hour drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral and as I recall, people got a limo service or rented a car. Maybe there is a hotel that does this now but others who've searched on this will hopefully fill you in on the latest since it's been almost 2 years ago since we did this trip.

We stayed at the Radison Resort at the Port and loved it. We got one of their suites and could see the cruise ships from our room the morning we left for the port. They have a great pool area at this hotel and a wonderful buffet breakfast. We also enjoyed meeting up with friends we'd made on cruise critic at this hotel. They have great food you can get at pool side if you need a snack.

We just returned from Port Canaveral. We flew into Orlando and picked up our car at Thrifty. They shuttle from the airport to the office about 5 minutes away. The price was only $15.99 per day. stayed at the La Quinta on Atlantic Ave. for $75 per night. That includes breakfast. We dropped off the car at the Thrifty office on Atlantic Ave betweeen hotel & port. They shuttle to the port. When I added up the cost of car and hotel versus shuttle and Radisson, it was much cheaper. La Quinta had great service, ask for Pierre. Just my opinion but I prefer saving my money for excursions and foo-foo drinks.

We will be staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port which is the closest place to the ships. It has a Cruise parking package that allows you to leave the car at the resort. There is a shuttle from the hotel that will take you to the ship when it is time. I did not find many hotels in the area that offered the cruise and stay program. Have a great cruise.

Kadeycat......I like La Quinta as well. Have never stayed at that one, but have stayed at the one near the FLL port in Hollywood, Florida. Like you say, good prices, good service and nice breakfast.

This time I'm staying right in Orlando and chose the Amerisuites. Hope I'm not disappointed. Would have stayed at the La Quinta at the airport, but all my pre-cruise activities are in the 'Attraction area'.

Glad you had a good cruise.

Archived