Escape, best place for onboard lunch ?

riekl

We are in Haven if it matters but i'm thinking of eating somewhere other then haven for the first lunch. I've heard that 5'oclock somewhere is free for Haven guests is this true? Is the food better then the buffet ?

Are you thinking of Margaritaville? If so, it is not free for Haven guests. 5 O' Clock Somewhere is a venue on deck 8 where they mostly do karaoke or have bands at night. There's also an outdoor bar area.

That being said, the new Haven lunch and dinner menus are wonderful and the Escape Haven also offers outdoor seating (off the dining room) for meals. If you search these boards you can find the menus.

Food Republic on deck 8 is also a favorite but it is a la carte pricing.

Tracy

Someone else posted this...

Adrian informed us that although Margaritaville is normally an ala carte pay restaurant, on embarkation day it was complimentary for Haven passengers.

...but it wasn't the case when I sailed in May.

Maybe it is something new?

Are margaritaville or food republic open for lunch on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I ate at Margaritaville for my first lunch on board. It was a ghost town - they seemed genuinely surprised that someone wanted to eat there at that hour.

If I were you, I'd eat lunch at the Haven restaurant. Of the entire cruise, that's the one day I'd eat lunch there if staying in the Haven. The buffet will be crowded, the dining room is slow and boring, and the best lunch place on the ship is Food Republic, but it will be closed that day. The Haven restaurant has an outdoor seating area, too.

This is confusing. Multiple people have posted that Margaritaville is free for Haven residents on embarkation day. Is this false information ?

Not free.

No specialty restaurant is free for Havens. Havens pay like everyone else.

Only the complimentary dining rooms are free (to include the Havens restaurant).

Our poor choice was on the Getaway, but my guess is we will have the option of O'Sheehan's bar area on the Escape too. We found service slow/indifferent, food cold and not particularly good (fish and chips, cheese sticks, can't recall whatelse). It ruined my interest in the restaurant for the rest of the cruise.

I had visited a similar place on the Sky and the same food items were really good so this was quite a let down.

I'm planning for the MDR on embarkation day, we aren't Haven guests.

Our poor choice was on the Getaway, but my guess is we will have the option of O'Sheehan's bar area on the Escape too. We found service slow/indifferent, food cold and not particularly good (fish and chips, cheese sticks, can't recall whatelse). It ruined my interest in the restaurant for the rest of the cruise.

I had visited a similar place on the Sky and the same food items were really good so this was quite a let down.

I'm planning for the MDR on embarkation day, we aren't Haven guests.

We had lunch at the MDR on Escape for the first time on an embarkation day. Never again! The food was all good, but it took 90 minutes. That is absolutely not how I ever want to waste my first afternoon on a ship again. I felt like the ship was having fun without me.

Next time, we will be back to the usual - quick buffet, then doing slides and partying on the deck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Could be one of those things that varies by ship and staff. You could ask the pre-concierge dept. before your cruse and/or ask your concierge when you board. If the answer is no, go to Haven restaurant.

Suggestion: if you want a cocktail in the Haven restaurant, you might want to carry one in. The Haven bar is on different deck than restaurant and it took us 40 minutes to get a drink embarkation day. Of course, your experience may be different, but I have always had slow service in the Haven during lunch and dinner.

This is confusing. Multiple people have posted that Margaritaville is free for Haven residents on embarkation day. Is this false information ?

We had lunch on embarkation day at Taste/Savor (don't remember which side-both the same)--sat at a window seat.

It was pretty empty as I think most were heading to the buffet. A crew member at the elevator suggested for us to try Taste/Savor and skip the buffet. Our servers were great and actually both food and drinks arrived quickly.

It was raining off and on at this time so dining inside worked for us until the weather passed.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also told that if in Haven, lunch was free in Margaritaville on embarcation day. But I do not know if this is true. We had an amazing lunch on embarkation in the Haven on the getaway.....

I was also told that if in Haven, lunch was free in Margaritaville on embarcation day. But I do not know if this is true. We had an amazing lunch on embarkation in the Haven on the getaway.....

Not true

Is Margaritaville still included for those who have the original UDP (free specialty dining everyday)?

I wouldn't use one of the meals in Margaritaville prices low better off paying and using it in one of the other restaurants

Actually it is true :). At least on escape margaritaville is free for haven guests in embarkation day. Just had it on this weeks cruise !

This was also true on the June 25th sailing on Escape. The offered Haven guests complimentary lunch in Margaritaville on embarkation day only.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't use one of the meals in Margaritaville prices low better off paying and using it in one of the other restaurants

The poster was talking about the original UDP which is unlimited, not the SDP which has a limited number of meals. Theoretically, Margaritaville should be "free" for those with the original UDP.