1st time on Princess

ed52

August/Alaska/Grand Princess/Owner's Suite

We're NCL cruisers so this is our first time on Princess. We're used to things done a certain way (with NCL) and expect there will be some differences. Anyone else experience any significant changes going from another cruise line to Princess. I just read one where you can't order eggs for breakfast the way you want them. Eggs over easy? Really? Not a huge deal...but...

Anything else?

ed

August/Alaska/Grand Princess/Owner's Suite

We're NCL cruisers so this is our first time on Princess. We're used to things done a certain way (with NCL) and expect there will be some differences. Anyone else experience any significant changes going from another cruise line to Princess. I just read one where you can't order eggs for breakfast the way you want them. Eggs over easy? Really? Not a huge deal...but...

Anything else?

ed

You'll be in a suite. You get to eat breakfast in Sabatini's and they'll do your breakfast any way you want it. You can also get your eggs the way you want them in the MDR (but why would you go there, when you can do the Sabatini's breakfast?).

You can also order eggs any way you want them in the buffet. Wherever you read that this isn't the case is wrong. Yes, there are trays of pre-prepared eggs in the buffet for those who don't want to wait but there's also the option to order any omelet you want, poached, fried, whatever eggs.

In the Owner's suite, you'll have the option to have breakfast in Sabatini's and can order whatever you want however you want it.

JF and Pam...thanks both for the replies. You know...I should've known better. Just reminds me to be careful and double check what I read online.

I didn't know Sabatini's did the breakfast thing. That's like Cagney's on NCL. That will be nice,

ed

We enjoy both our Princess and NCL cruises, but find the 2 lines very different. You'll find the atmosphere quieter on Princess, with less entertainment. Dress code will be followed pretty closely by most, smart casual most nights plus a couple of formal nights. Of course you can eat in the buffet on formal nights, and some will say you can go to the dining room without a jacket but you would be in the minority. Food in the MDR is better on Princess, and the pizza is the best at sea. Piano bar (Crooner's) is a lot of fun.

With the Owners' Suite, you'll get all the suite perks, but Princess doesn't do as good a job here as NCL. Sabatini's is lovely for breakfast, excellent food and really top notch service. You'll get priority embarkation and tender tickets, and all the free 1 day laundry and dry cleaning you want. You'll get a one time mini bar set up and Princess will change out the little bottles for whatever kind you want. No butler on Princess, you'll call room service for food orders. No concierge.You can order all 3 meals delivered during the hours the MDR is open, although we haven;t done that, and also afternoon tea.

Edited by cynbar

We were in a balcony cabin and had no problem getting eggs any way we wanted them at breakfast. Since you are in a suite and get the breakfast at Sabbatini's, I certainly can't imagine why there would be any issue at all.

The only really strange thing we encountered was that daughter wanted to take her dessert from the MDR back to the cabin. She was told that was not permitted but that they would send it to her thru room service. Sorry, I found it odd that she couldn't carry her own food back, but.....whatever, she got it for a bedtime snack!

On our last few cruises, my hubby has gone to the Horizon Court (buffet) for breakfast so he get his made-to-order omelet. And we are always in an inside or OV so you don't need to be in a suite.

Not sure about the MDR, but no problems getting food to go in the Horizon or the International Cafe. Some years ago, Princess gave my 7-yr-old a birthday cake and then packaged up the rest (it was so rich) and had it delivered to our cabin, where we kept it in the fridge.