Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

ItS water..... what did everyone do 30-40 years ago before everyone was brainwashed that bottled tap water was better? How did they survive on the the LoveBoat? I dont remember anyone on there dying or have cruise ankles.... whats the deal now?:rolleyes::confused:

Everyone also smoked 30-40 years ago too. Smoked on airplanes, in hospitals and in stores. Things evolve and we are more educated than 40 yrs ago. Don't be so confused.

Edited by janpo

Everyone also smoked 30-40 years ago too. Smoked on airplanes, in hospitals and in stores. Things evolve and we are more educated than 40 yrs ago. Don't be so confused.

Im not confused. Water is still two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. That will never change. Comparing that to smiling is just asinine. Maybe you need a lot more education to know the difference. :confused:

#

Im not confused. Water is still two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. That will never change. Comparing that to smiling is just asinine. Maybe you need a lot more education to know the difference. :confused:

Smiling?? Okkkk

The point which you dont get is ncl is price gouging for water. No matter how many pom poms you throw at it, it's still price gouging. Educate yourself...

Period.

Edited by janpo

#

Smiling?? Okkkk

The point which you dont get is ncl is price gouging for water. No matter how many pom poms you throw at it, it's still price gouging. Educate yourself...

Period.

Educate yourself. Water is included (free) all over the ship. And you might want to educate yourself on the meaning of price gouging while you are at it.

We do about 6 cruises a year. Never received "dozens of emails" for any cruise. I could probably count the number of emails for any given cruise on one hand. In any case, got two of these for each of our upcoming cruises on 7/1. If you booked through a TA, it would have gone there.

NCL e-mailed me directly for my Escape cruise that was beyond final payment and I use a TA. They did not e-mail me for the other 2 reservations I had that were outside of final payment. So, this past Friday I replaced those. Within a week, they should have been able to capture those within a "batch" of e-mails. Since they didn't, I thought it rather poor customer service from them. Please don't assume that they are handling this as they "should" be, since, obviously, they are not.

Educate yourself. Water is included (free) all over the ship. And you might want to educate yourself on the meaning of price gouging while you are at it.

ha..seriously? Do you think NCL's charge for bottle water is a fair price?

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

From Miami Herold:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article88526892.html

+++++quote+++++

BY CHABELI HERRERA

cherrera@miamiherald.com

Norwegian Cruise Line, the lone, major Miami-based cruise line that still allows passengers to bring drinks on board, will join its competitors in banning the practice as of July 15, the line announced this week.

Starting next Friday, passengers aboard Norwegian ships won’t be allowed to bring any beverages — beer, liquor, water, soda or juices — on board as carry-on or checked luggage.

The cruise line said on its website that the ban will streamline the embarkation process, which is often bogged down by inspections of bottles potentially concealing alcoholic beverages. Alcohol, except wine, is prohibited on board because it competes with the cruise business’ money-making engine: drink packages.

Sealed wine bottles will still be allowed but will incur a corkage fee that depends on the size of the bottle. Norwegian’s rationale: few guests bring wine and the bottles can be easily processed.

Also exempt from the new policy is purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in medical devices or infant formula. Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded before boarding, Norwegian said.

Drinks purchased at ports of call will be stored on board and returned to guests on the last night of the cruise. But any bottled or open drinks cannot be brought back on the ship when guests embark from a port.

+++++Unquote+++++

Just saw this posted from my TA.

Anyone else get this?

New Beverage Policy :eek:

Mentions a limited amount of bottled water and "canned" beverages will be allowed aboard at the "embarkation" port after all, for a fee of course.

Didn't someone joke about this?

Hey. Let's stop joking, and giving them ideas, OK?

Seems like another $$ grab to me. :eek:

But, what do I know. The cheerleaders will eat this up I sure. ...

At least you can bring your Diet Coke I guess. ? ? ? for a fee.

TA;

NCL heard complaints and has implemented adjustments to the beverage schedule.

So NCL is listening perhaps. :)

Yay! Listening to the dollars being deposited into their accounts.

Dear Bear3412,

After reviewing feedback from our recent changes regarding our carry on beverage policy, we have made adjustments to the policy to meet the expectations of our customers.

For sailings after August 6th, 2016 the following new beverage policy applies.

Each passenger may carry on up to 8 liters of bottled water and canned beverages. 8 liters maximum combined fluid per passenger.

Water must be in factor sealed packs. Other beverages must be in cans.

No bottles except water.

All fluids will be inspected and made available to local port, CBP and related security personnel.

Any combination of water/other beverages equals/qualifies for the 8 liters maximum.

Any and all Alcoholic content beverages are prohibited through security and prohibited aboard.

Alcoholic beverages will count toward limit if seized.

All alcoholic beverages will be seized and fortified and not returned to passengers regardless of debarkation, embarkation, or port of departure related to section 12.7a, if applicable.

A "Wet Beverage Fee" (WBF) applies to all beverages carried per person.

No beverages in checked luggage allowed.

No beverages checked with porters at any port.

All Wet Beverages must flow through regular security with passengers.

All beverages must be carried by boarding passenger.

All beverages must remain with boarding passenger throughout the boarding process.

Please be aware that cabins may not be available immediately upon boarding to store beverages.

Be prepared to remain with your beverages until cabins are turned and available for each sailing.

Cabin availability timing will vary per sailing.

All fluids must be provisioned for inspection and sized properly for the security scanners.

Beverages not able to pass through scanner will be retained at port and may be available for pick up upon disembark, if a closed loop sailing, if passenger provides valid authorized ID, and files form 860D. Otherwise items will be destroyed.

All beverages must pass through the X-ray scanner.

See NCL.com/scanner for more info.

Expect longer wait times at most ports during new WBF integration.

WBF will apply to all liquid beverage brought aboard including any and all possible beverages contained/concealed on said passenger.

WBF cost will be 5 cent/per fluid ounce US$.

example;

12 pack of 12 oz cans, wet fee; $7.20 plus 18 %

6 pack 12 oz water, wet fee; $3.50 plus 18 %

Bottle water packages aboard will remain at current convenient prices.

Our popular onboard wine packages remain at this time.

Drinks purchased at ports of call will be stored on board and returned to guests on the last night of the cruise. But any bottled or open drinks cannot be brought back on the ship when guests embark from a port.

The generous wine carry on policy remains unchanged.

Corkage fees will be retained at the current levels.

Payment will be required prior to boarding.

Credit card payment required. No Cash.

Please have ID available to facilitate the lines.

All passengers with fluids will be required to present ID and credit card.

We are always considering the healthy feedback from our customers.

We hope these changes reflect our dedication to our most valued customers.

We look forward seeing you aboard.

http://www.ncl.com/new.bev/WBF.asinine/vbd.com

NCL

ETA; weird,.. my post seems different from the post above.

Edited by bear3412

Just saw this posted from my TA.

Anyone else get this?

New Beverage Policy :eek:

Mentions a limited amount of bottled water and "canned" beverages will be allowed aboard at the "embarkation" port after all, for a fee of course.

Didn't someone joke about this?

Hey. Let's stop joking, and giving them ideas, OK?

Seems like another $$ grab to me. :eek:

But, what do I know. The cheerleaders will eat this up I sure. ...

At least you can bring your Diet Coke I guess. ? ? ? for a fee.

TA;

NCL heard complaints and has implemented adjustments to the beverage schedule.

So NCL is listening perhaps. :)

Yay! Listening to the dollars being deposited into their accounts.

Dear Bear3412,

After reviewing feedback from our recent changes regarding our carry on beverage policy, we have made adjustments to the policy to meet the expectations of our customers.

For sailings after August 6th, 2016 the following new beverage policy applies.

Each passenger may carry on up to 8 liters of bottled water and canned beverages. 8 liters maximum combined fluid per passenger.

Water must be in factor sealed packs. Other beverages must be in cans.

No bottles except water.

All fluids will be inspected and made available to local port, CBP and related security personnel.

Any combination of water/other beverages equals/qualifies for the 8 liters maximum.

Any and all Alcoholic content beverages are prohibited through security and prohibited aboard.

Alcoholic beverages will count toward limit if seized.

All alcoholic beverages will be seized and fortified and not returned to passengers regardless of debarkation, embarkation, or port of departure related to section 12.7a, if applicable.

A "Wet Beverage Fee" (WBF) applies to all beverages carried per person.

No beverages in checked luggage allowed.

No beverages checked with porters at any port.

All Wet Beverages must flow through regular security with passengers.

All beverages must be carried by boarding passenger.

All beverages must remain with boarding passenger throughout the boarding process.

Please be aware that cabins may not be available immediately upon boarding to store beverages.

Be prepared to remain with your beverages until cabins are turned and available for each sailing.

Cabin availability timing will vary per sailing.

All fluids must be provisioned for inspection and sized properly for the security scanners.

Beverages not able to pass through scanner will be retained at port and may be available for pick up upon disembark, if a closed loop sailing, if passenger provides valid authorized ID, and files form 860D. Otherwise items will be destroyed.

All beverages must pass through the X-ray scanner.

See NCL.com/scanner for more info.

Expect longer wait times at most ports during new WBF integration.

WBF will apply to all liquid beverage brought aboard including any and all possible beverages contained/concealed on said passenger.

WBF cost will be 5 cent/per fluid ounce US$.

example;

12 pack of 12 oz cans, wet fee; $7.20 plus 18 %

6 pack 12 oz water, wet fee; $3.50 plus 18 %

Bottle water packages aboard will remain at current convenient prices.

Our popular onboard wine packages remain at this time.

The generous wine carry on policy remains unchanged.

Corkage fees will be retained at the current levels.

Payment will be required prior to boarding.

Credit card payment required. No Cash.

Please have ID available to facilitate the lines.

All passengers with fluids will be required to present ID and credit card.

We are always considering the healthy feedback from our customers.

We hope these changes reflect our dedication to our most valued customers.

We look forward seeing you aboard.

http://www.ncl.com/new.bev/WBF.asinine/vbd.com

NCL

ETA; weird,.. my post seems different from the post above.

That link doesn't work for me . I'm getting

LOOKS LIKE OUR SITE NEEDED

TO TAKE A SHORT VACATION.

404 - Not Found

Must say this is surprising . I'd like to see this for myself .

That link doesn't work for me . I'm getting

LOOKS LIKE OUR SITE NEEDED

TO TAKE A SHORT VACATION.

404 - Not Found

Must say this is surprising . I'd like to see this for myself .

Given that the link includes "WBF" dot "assinine" - I'm thinking someone wants to play this morning. :D

So the link isn't working for you?

Seems to be working on my end.

That's weird the link has asinine in it.

So you all didn't get this email from you TA?

Sounds like you have also been up since 4:30am .:rolleyes:

From Miami Herold:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article88526892.html

+++++quote+++++

BY CHABELI HERRERA

cherrera@miamiherald.com

Norwegian Cruise Line, the lone, major Miami-based cruise line that still allows passengers to bring drinks on board, will join its competitors in banning the practice as of July 15, the line announced this week.

Starting next Friday, passengers aboard Norwegian ships won’t be allowed to bring any beverages — beer, liquor, water, soda or juices — on board as carry-on or checked luggage.

+++++Unquote+++++

This is not strictly true as Carnival has banned bottle drinks, you can still bring on cans and sealed cartons and the water they sell is only $3.99. I sailed on Carnival for the first time last year and enjoyed the product, this might be an opportunity for Carnival to pick up new customers.

This is not strictly true as Carnival has banned bottle drinks, you can still bring on cans and sealed cartons and the water they sell is only $3.99. I sailed on Carnival for the first time last year and enjoyed the product, this might be an opportunity for Carnival to pick up new customers.

The point about the cans on Carnival is mentioned further down in the article.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hooray. Can't wait - showtime !! :D Press corp. invited ???? for live update, as that would be nice.

Scenes played out daily at airports all over - oversea nonstops bound for USA included - for the TSA security theatrics, bring them on to the cruise terminals. We usually stop by the airport club lounge for beverages, airside; and, on domestic flight, allowed to board - no questions asked.

I wonder if the cruise terminal security contractors have received refresher training on proper protocol and screening guidelines specific to NCL. No groping while searching for all contraband, please remind & warn them.

Otherwise, who is really to blame for long lines and delays in boarding. :eek:

Now you come to mention it, and I am not sure if anyone has made the same comment somewhere in this huge thread, but I do wonder if any of the news companies will be tempted to have a presence at SCL boarding(s) on 15th July? If it turns out to be a 'slow news day' maybe someone will.

Oh, SCL? Glad you noticed; That's Scrooge Cruise Lines... ;)

Exactly right!! No one is forcing ANYONE to click on this thread and read.

Oh, but 'someone' is: I can't ignore the irresistible voice in my head: "Go on, click that thread - you know you want to!" Aargh! Make it SHUT UP!" :eek:

Edited by AquaMarineFerret

Before I tidy away my lunch debris and get on with some more weekend chores: I wonder if senior NCL executives have thought to ensure NCL ships are kept well away from other cruise ships? Imagine the fun as sympathetic (and maybe opportunistic) passengers from other ships moored close-by start to throw bottled water and soda cans to NCL passengers in exchange for a reasonable amount of cash. :)

I receive dozens of emails and received a phone about my up and coming cruise' date=' yet nothing was mentioned about the new change.[/quote']

My cruise is in November, and final payment is due next month. Although I am not going to cancel, this will probably be my last NCL cruise. I have NOT received ANY official notification from NCL regarding this major change and when I made a payment yesterday I read the updated conformation and they changed the wording of my amenities slightly for example, my booking read $200 OBC (now reads $50x4) and only had the codes in the top right hand corner for my included packages such as UBP and internet, and now they are actually itemized. Being they made these changes, they could have VERY easily added print to this IMPORTANT document to alert me of the significant change. They OBVIOUSLY don't want me to.

Had just booked a return to NCL cruise on Getaway in Jan largely because of the drink package. Two things bothered me about this...the added gratuities which were not included and no water and coffees. Although inconvenient we had planned to bring a case or two of water on board. We probably drink a minimum of 6-8 bottles of water a day for both of us but lets call it 40 a week.

between grat and water we are paying an additional 400 bucks for something the other lines typically include in their packages. Not including water in UDP is bad but restricting bringing it onboard (especially under the security guise) is disappointing.

I will look hard at offerings from X and hopefully HAL and Princess offer drink packages for Jan 17 Carib.

I don't want to overstate and I do want to be a rational cruiser but this is enough to look again at other options.

ha..seriously? Do you think NCL's charge for bottle water is a fair price?

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

Interesting...has NCL actually changed the price of water? I was led to believe that the pricing hasn't changed at all.

Honestly this sort of makes me happy. Now my husband won't force us to drag water and soda with us!!

Exactly. The idea here is to be on Vacation, not lugging around the entire house, to avoid spending $50. The concern, the strain on shoulders, the extra trip to the store....all saved. It's almost like a little luxury upgrade not to have to worry about this stuff.

I used to request an iron & board to steam my shirts upon arrival. Until I realized that I can just pay $30 and have it done for me, starting my vacation an hour earlier. Would I pay $30 for an hour of vacation? Yuppers, in a heartbeat.

One thing I've always wondered is, why doesn't Coke sell powdered flavor packets you could add to soda water, because there are about 50% of soda vendors who use Pepsi instead.... seems there's a huge market for this type of solution.

Stephen