NCL prices for next year

Hi just got an email with prices for 2017 a five day cruise in November next year to Tassie is $1406 for a balcony I make that nearly $300 per night each:eek: I think they will be sadly disappointed that they wont get people booking at that price especially seasoned cruisers

Jacqui

Hi just got an email with prices for 2017 a five day cruise in November next year to Tassie is $1406 for a balcony I make that nearly $300 per night each:eek: I think they will be sadly disappointed that they wont get people booking at that price especially seasoned cruisers

Jacqui

We have actually checked out a couple of the cruises and while most seem really expensive some are fairly reasonable as they come with drink packages and two other perks. Demand or lack of it may see the prices drop.

Jacqui

That's similar to the ones we're watching.

Way too high for me.

We are watching the nine days to Eden, Geelong, Burnie, KI etc, and the longer one to EDEN, Melb, Burnie and NZ.

We have actually checked out a couple of the cruises and while most seem really expensive some are fairly reasonable as they come with drink packages and two other perks. Demand or lack of it may see the prices drop.
Correction, it is a Free at sea deal so depending on the cabin category, it may be one, two or all the perks.

:o

That's similar to the ones we're watching.

Way too high for me.

We are watching the nine days to Eden, Geelong, Burnie, KI etc, and the longer one to EDEN, Melb, Burnie and NZ.

I am looking at two of the cruises, 14 December 2017 (Southern Australia) and also the 20 February 2018 cruise (relocation to Singapore). Both come with the Free at sea and with two perks and around $240pp per night (balcony), isn't too bad. Although it is certainly not cheap, the drinks and specialty restaurant perks that you can get with a balcony cabin make it almost reasonable as a total cruise price.

I am looking at two of the cruises, 14 December 2017 (Southern Australia) and also the 20 February 2018 cruise (relocation to Singapore). Both come with the Free at sea and with two perks and around $240pp per night (balcony), isn't too bad. Although it is certainly not cheap, the drinks and specialty restaurant perks that you can get with a balcony cabin make it almost reasonable as a total cruise price.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have another look, the 14 Dec is one that really takes my fancy, but last price I had was $300 a night with no bonuses.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have another look, the 14 Dec is one that really takes my fancy, but last price I had was $300 a night with no bonuses.

Such an annoying site, shows balcony from anbout $1700 but when you actually try to book lowest is around $2500 and mid ship about $2700. But it does now include two packages, for us I guess the drinks, but as non drinkers not worth a huge amount to us, and a few specialty restaurant visits. Unless I'm miss reading something.

They have issues with the website (no surprises there), prices at first do not include the taxes, fees or gratuities., then they do when you go further with the booking. Also flicks from USD to AUD occasionally.:(

Such an annoying site, shows balcony from anbout $1700 but when you actually try to book lowest is around $2500 and mid ship about $2700. But it does now include two packages, for us I guess the drinks, but as non drinkers not worth a huge amount to us, and a few specialty restaurant visits. Unless I'm miss reading something.

That would be the taxes, fees and gratuities being added. For the perks you can opt out of the drinks and go for two others like the specialty and the wifi or the specialty dinners and the shorex discounts.

Looks like if you pay in Aussie dollars Ncl are making us pre pay gratuities at final payment......I booked in US dollars and no pre payment of gratuities required.

Ncl are good with price drops...I normally book a cabin I can live with and try to upgrade after final payment....has worked on all of my 6 Ncl cruises.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Looks like if you pay in Aussie dollars Ncl are making us pre pay gratuities at final payment......I booked in US dollars and no pre payment of gratuities required.

Ncl are good with price drops...I normally book a cabin I can live with and try to upgrade after final payment....has worked on all of my 6 Ncl cruises.

May be a good plan, I will have to think again.

As for gratuities, I think it is their policy for sailings in Asia and Australian waters.

May be a good plan, I will have to think again.

As for gratuities, I think it is their policy for sailings in Asia and Australian waters.

You get the free drinks on Oceanview cabin...Ncl will protect your perks if you upgrade to higher cabin if you have a good Pcc....also it's easier to monitor price drops in US $.....I'm subscribed to that "fish" sit that for $1 notifies you about price drops......I was doing a Baltic cruise on the Star and their was a price drop after final payment...kept all my perks and payed extra $100 p/p for upgrade.

Ncl US will quote in US or Aussie $....I prefer US.

Thanks for the info on price drops.

We're still on the fence. But like the itinerary as a bit of a tast of a new (to us) line.

That would be the taxes, fees and gratuities being added. For the perks you can opt out of the drinks and go for two others like the specialty and the wifi or the specialty dinners and the shorex discounts.

Wi fi I'd rather nor have, gives me an excuse to tell people they can't contact me.

The Shorex isn't much as in Australia we usually just do our own thing.

Now if there was OBC or grats that'd be worth something to us.

But in all honesty it's the price I'm watching.

You get the free drinks on Oceanview cabin...Ncl will protect your perks if you upgrade to higher cabin if you have a good Pcc....also it's easier to monitor price drops in US $.....I'm subscribed to that "fish" sit that for $1 notifies you about price drops......I was doing a Baltic cruise on the Star and their was a price drop after final payment...kept all my perks and payed extra $100 p/p for upgrade.

Ncl US will quote in US or Aussie $....I prefer US.

Good tips, cheers.:D

Wi fi I'd rather nor have, gives me an excuse to tell people they can't contact me.

The Shorex isn't much as in Australia we usually just do our own thing.

Now if there was OBC or grats that'd be worth something to us.

But in all honesty it's the price I'm watching.

I agree,I can do without the wifi, especially as a local cruise.

The shorex is $50 USD for 4 ports pp but again not really required for a local cruise.

There is the drinks which I get use out of.

There are the specialty dinners, which I would also use.

The OBC would be useful but with drinks and special dinners paid for, I don't really need more OBC.

I would definitely take the Drinks and specialty dinners.

:D

I agree,I can do without the wifi, especially as a local cruise.

The shorex is $50 USD for 4 ports pp but again not really required for a local cruise.

There is the drinks which I get use out of.

There are the specialty dinners, which I would also use.

The OBC would be useful but with drinks and special dinners paid for, I don't really need more OBC.

I would definitely take the Drinks and specialty dinners.

:D

We'd take the same, but I wouldn't put a high value on them.

Specialty restaurants on my first cruise with a line, and only about 8 or 9 nights, I'd be wanting to try everything else.

And while I'm probably one of the few non drinkers that could still break even on Diet Coke (or I think NCL is Pepsi Max) it's really only worth the cost of a soft drink package.

But regardless of any of that if the price drops to about $250 a night for a midship balcony (at a time I've got some spare dollars) I suspect I'll pull the trigger.

I really like the itinerary, ports that don't get visited that often, Eden, Geelong, KI.

We'd take the same, but I wouldn't put a high value on them.

Specialty restaurants on my first cruise with a line, and only about 8 or 9 nights, I'd be wanting to try everything else.

And while I'm probably one of the few non drinkers that could still break even on Diet Coke (or I think NCL is Pepsi Max) it's really only worth the cost of a soft drink package.

But regardless of any of that if the price drops to about $250 a night for a midship balcony (at a time I've got some spare dollars) I suspect I'll pull the trigger.

I really like the itinerary, ports that don't get visited that often, Eden, Geelong, KI.

Personally I would like them even further than that. It is a long way off and may well drop if the demand is lacking.:D

But taxes and fees on our similar Princess cruise are under $200, grats would be about $120 the price jump on NCL is around $900. I just find it puts me off when lines do this, start at $1773, and then jump to $2620.

Personally I would like them even further than that. It is a long way off and may well drop if the demand is lacking.:D

I'd consider booking at $250 (for the best balcony BA I think) and hope for a drop to about $200, but $300 is just crazy in my opinion.

But taxes and fees on our similar Princess cruise are under $200, grats would be about $120 the price jump on NCL is around $900. I just find it puts me off when lines do this, start at $1773, and then jump to $2620.
The one I was looking at was $500 in taxes and fees and nearly $400 in gratuities as it was a longer cruise.

I agree. :D

$150 would be even better though.;)

If I could get it that low I'd even think about shouting for someone.

Been looking at a few cruise sites to see if I could snag a better fare, got sticker shock when one site asked if I wanted to pre pay gratuities at

Wait for it

$18.30 each per day.

If I could get it that low I'd even think about shouting for someone.

Been looking at a few cruise sites to see if I could snag a better fare, got sticker shock when one site asked if I wanted to pre pay gratuities at

Wait for it

$18.30 each per day.

Yep, that is hitting you with the exchange rate.:(