Why book a suite on RCI?

I realise this thread may not resonate with most cruisers but there is nowhere else independent (of the Sea)where I can ask the question.

OK. You get more space in a suite. But the list of other extras seems thin. I say that compared to sister company Celebrity where suite guests drink free in a private club and have their own restaurant. They also get some free internet time and a couple of free laundry coupons plus many other discounts. And they get reserved seating etc. etc. And they get a butler - though that is someone we can manage without.

Am I missing something?

Reserved theater seating, breakfast in Chops every day, bridge and galley tours, party on promenade deck one sea day(could be ship specific). Priority boarding, disembarcation lounge.......might have missed a couple.......

Edited by L454S

Since the implementation of Royal Suite Class, the benefits of being in a suite have varied a lot by the specific category of suite and by ship. However, all ships offer reserved seating in the main theater and, where applicable, at the ice show and the aqua theater. Many ships also have suite-only sundecks and Concierge or Suite lounges. On the ships that offer Royal Suite class, suite guests can walk into any show without reservations, except at comedy clubs and they can dine at Coastal Kitchen. Guests in the top 10-12 suites are Star Class and get a host of additional benefits. However, it should be noted that the vast majority of suite benefits do nbot apply to Junior Suites. All that junior suites get are priority boarding and dinner (but not other meals) at Coastal Kitchen.

I realise this thread may not resonate with most cruisers but there is nowhere else independent (of the Sea)where I can ask the question.

OK. You get more space in a suite. But the list of other extras seems thin. I say that compared to sister company Celebrity where suite guests drink free in a private club and have their own restaurant. They also get some free internet time and a couple of free laundry coupons plus many other discounts. And they get reserved seating etc. etc. And they get a butler - though that is someone we can manage without.

Am I missing something?

you do get double points.

I read somewhere wine is served all day:confused:

And beer in the Suite Lounge. At least on the Oasis class they serve free beer and wine all day. Certain brands of course.

The level of service is different in my opinion in a suite. It's little things that we could live without of course. Heck, sailing in the cheapest inside cabin would work as long as I'm on a ship. But, we definitely enjoy the differences. Especially, the suite lounge, suite deck at the pool and first on, first off lines on the ship (very efficient and quick). Again, all can be lived without, but they are nice to have. Are they worth the cost. Not in my opinion (unless you get a great deal). I would definitely not book for the extras. But, I do book for the additional cabin and balcony space.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

And beer in the Suite Lounge. At least on the Oasis class they serve free beer and wine all day. Certain brands of course.

The level of service is different in my opinion in a suite. It's little things that we could live without of course. Heck, sailing in the cheapest inside cabin would work as long as I'm on a ship. But, we definitely enjoy the differences. Especially, the suite lounge, suite deck at the pool and first on, first off lines on the ship (very efficient and quick). Again, all can be lived without, but they are nice to have. Are they worth the cost. Not in my opinion (unless you get a great deal). I would definitely not book for the extras. But, I do book for the additional cabin and balcony space.

One more question,is former night dress code Formal or Casual in Coastal Kitchen?

Sorry is a little out of topic.

Edited by iSailor

Actually, as much as I love RCCL -- and I do -- they really have been slow to treat suite passengers to the same level of perks as Celebrity (or even NCL, which has made this a focus) have in the suites. However, that appears to be changing dramatically with the new suite program, especially in the Sky and Star classes.

What time is the FREE Drink start?

If you use the suite lounge a selection of complimentary wine, champagne , beer and soft drinks are available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the suite lounge

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

I was on Oasis last year and presently on Allure . On boith Coastal Kitchen's casual attire was appropriate on the nights except formal nights. Most men went from shirt and tie to tuxedo Ladies dress was casual on casual nights and formal nights most had cocktail dresses to evening gowns.

Edited by Tony O

If you use the suite lounge a selection of complimentary wine, champagne , beer and soft drinks are available from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm in the suite lounge

Depends on the ship - on Anthem this was not the case as they have a "concierge" lounge and not a "suite lounge", We sailed in early June 2016 in a Royal family suite

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

Yes, you are correct that we could sail more often for the same amount as we spend on a suite. I don't mind being with the masses at all and would love to do a B2B2B in a regular balcony cabin. But until we retire and are able to get away (full-time Air Force.and 2 businesses), I would rather have the extra space and perks.

As of today, July 1, 2016, this is only true on Oasis class ships.

Yes, you are correct that we could sail more often for the same amount as we spend on a suite. I don't mind being with the masses at all and would love to do a B2B2B in a regular balcony cabin. But until we retire and are able to get away (full-time Air Force.and 2 businesses), I would rather have the extra space and perks.

Exactly. Perhaps if we had all the time in the world this would matter. But, since we only have a couple weeks a year to cruise we go with suites. If we could spend 2 months at sea for the same price that would obviously play a role in our decision. Unless of course we somehow become independently (of the seas... :p ) wealthy.

I booked a grand suite on Indy for January and did it primarily for the room space and balcony. The listed perks will be pretty cool too, but primarily, I wanted to have a nice spacious room so if we don't want to be out amongst the crowds, we have a nice room with a nice view to just relax and enjoy the ocean.