Thalassotherapy pool?

Krydstosser

Can we book this online before the cruise or do we need to book some kind of treatment to use the Thalassotherapy pool (salt/sea water) in Cloud9 spa?

We have a Balcony cabin not a cloud9 spa cabin.

Krydstosser

(Cruise maniac in Danish ) :-)

Here is the information from the knowledge center:

For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thalassotherapy Pool, Thermal Suites and large spa whirlpool, we offer day and week long passes that can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa. Note: The Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista do not have a Thalassotherapy Pool; a large whirlpool is only on the Carnival Vista. Prices are subject to change.

Daily Pass: $40 per guest / $20 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

Passes for Cruise Duration:

5-day cruise: $119 per guest / $69 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

6-day cruise: $139 per guest / $79 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

7-day cruise: $169 per guest / $99 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

8-day cruise: $189 per guest / $109 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

If you would like to see all of the Cloud 9 Spa information you can go here:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

We were on the Magic in March. After getting onboard we went straight to the spa and booked the pass for the week. They give a discount if you buy a pass for two. Ours was $239 for the 2 of us for a 7 day cruise. You can not book this before sailing, that's why it was our first stop. While everyone else was getting off on Deck 10, we went to Deck 12 and got it all taken care of. You will also have access to the 4 specialty steam and sauna rooms in that specialty area.

We were on the Magic in March. After getting onboard we went straight to the spa and booked the pass for the week. They give a discount if you buy a pass for two. Ours was $239 for the 2 of us for a 7 day cruise. You can not book this before sailing, that's why it was our first stop. While everyone else was getting off on Deck 10, we went to Deck 12 and got it all taken care of. You will also have access to the 4 specialty steam and sauna rooms in that specialty area.

Yes....this is how it works.

They sell a select amount of passes for those who do not have spa cabins.

On my 6/12 sailing I had a cloud 9 cabin on the Splendor. I absolutely enjoyed the amenities! There added benefit of the Cloud 9 cabin is that you are in an easy location to reach the spa, have the Elemis travel sized bathroom supplies, upgraded robe as well as slippers and different decor in the cabin. We were able to upgrade to the Cloud 9 cabin for less than the pass for the week which is why we tried it.

Here is the information from the knowledge center:

For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thalassotherapy Pool, Thermal Suites and large spa whirlpool, we offer day and week long passes that can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa. Note: The Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista do not have a Thalassotherapy Pool; a large whirlpool is only on the Carnival Vista. Prices are subject to change.

Daily Pass: $40 per guest / $20 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

Passes for Cruise Duration:

5-day cruise: $119 per guest / $69 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

6-day cruise: $139 per guest / $79 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

7-day cruise: $169 per guest / $99 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

8-day cruise: $189 per guest / $109 per guest (Carnival Sunshine)

If you would like to see all of the Cloud 9 Spa information you can go here:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

How accurate is this info for today? Someone told me it's $250 a week for a pass for 7 days.

How accurate is this info for today? Someone told me it's $250 a week for a pass for 7 days.

This sounds about right for the 7 and 8 night. For me it was also less expensive to book the spa room vs getting the pass on he Breeze. Plus I loved the location and the room more than I did on the next Breeze cruise when I got a room on a lower deck.

Can we book this online before the cruise or do we need to book some kind of treatment to use the Thalassotherapy pool (salt/sea water) in Cloud9 spa?

We have a Balcony cabin not a cloud9 spa cabin.

Krydstosser

(Cruise maniac in Danish ) :-)

Get a spa cabin or buy the weekly pass.

Oh good point! LoL

I have arthritis in my knees. Wondering if it would be worth it, if there is something different about the water, or if it's just basically a large hot tub.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh good point! LoL

I have arthritis in my knees. Wondering if it would be worth it, if there is something different about the water, or if it's just basically a large hot tub.

It's just a hot tub with salt water. I had the spa pass my last cruise and decided it was my last spa pass. Hot steam rooms and rock hard heated loungers are not my style. I had trouble "relaxing" on the heated loungers listening to the other occupants move around and some annoying water-dripping sound ambiance. If you do go, plan to sleep or bring a magazine. You can't really see out of the Windows due leaning position the lounger puts you in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has a different opinion and experience. I found the steam rooms to be wonderful. Loved the aromas in the rooms. Now I couldn't stay in there for a long time but I enjoyed them. I also found the "rock hard" loungers to be so comfortable. I could have fallen asleep very easily. Yes there is water sound coming from the small fountains located in the rooms.

I don't have any problems that might be helped from the pool. But I enjoyed it not be packed with children. My problem with that pool is when I tried to lie down on it I kept floating up. I am only 5ft 2in so maybe I just didn't fit the position of the metal poles you lay on. I would sit up and I found that worked for me.

It was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the main deck. We happened to be traveling during Spring Break and the ship was very full. It was nice to get away for a little while every day.

Thalassotherapy. A mineral rich warm pool with hydrotherapy jets to stimulate and tone tired aching muscles. Excellent for treating cellulite, arthritis and general muscular and joint aches and pains.

We did a spa balcony on the Dream. Loved the spa access. The thalassotherapy pool really did help with my arthritis. Booked a spa cabin on the Vista for Nov not knowing there was no thalassotherapy pool.

Can you take a covered mug in when using the loungers? If in a spa cabin was it a pain to get to Lido for meals?

I've got a balcony on deck 7 on Magic booked now but thinking of getting the Lido or Spa deck. Price, right now, would just cover cost of pass. The spa deck cabin is $60 more for a total of $170 more than cabin on 7.

Everyone has a different opinion and experience. I found the steam rooms to be wonderful. Loved the aromas in the rooms. Now I couldn't stay in there for a long time but I enjoyed them. I also found the "rock hard" loungers to be so comfortable. I could have fallen asleep very easily. Yes there is water sound coming from the small fountains located in the rooms.

I don't have any problems that might be helped from the pool. But I enjoyed it not be packed with children. My problem with that pool is when I tried to lie down on it I kept floating up. I am only 5ft 2in so maybe I just didn't fit the position of the metal poles you lay on. I would sit up and I found that worked for me.

It was a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the main deck. We happened to be traveling during Spring Break and the ship was very full. It was nice to get away for a little while every day.

I am 5'6" and had the same problem floating up in the pool and I didn't care for the metal poles.

Edited by JaniceB

Can you take a covered mug in when using the loungers? If in a spa cabin was it a pain to get to Lido for meals?

I've got a balcony on deck 7 on Magic booked now but thinking of getting the Lido or Spa deck. Price, right now, would just cover cost of pass. The spa deck cabin is $60 more for a total of $170 more than cabin on 7.

Yes, you can take a mug with you, also, there is fruit flavored water provided in the quiet room. Remember that the Spa access is provided only for the first two in the cabin. Any other guests would need to purchase the spa pass for the week.

I convinced my son-in-law, who has a painful back, to purchase a spa pass on his recent Dream cruise and he still hasn't stopped thanking me. His back felt so much better after the 2nd day of relaxing on the heated loungers - he could feel the pain melting away. He loved the waterfall feature at the therapy pool as a follow up.

I will always purchase a spa cabin or spa pass on any dream class ship. I am disappointed that my spa cabin on the Vista next summer will lack the pool and I don't know why they did not put one on that ship, I hope it is not a sign of the future.

Can someone explain the metal poles in the pool please.

Just changed cabins to a spa cabin.

The main part of the pool (at least two thirds of it) is kind of like a huge lounger made up of metal poles with a few inches of space between each pole. If you are 5'3" or shorter, it is very difficult to use as a lounger so I had to sit on one of the bars near the edge of the pool. The end of the pool where you enter into is like a normal jacuzzi so I mostly hung out there.

The main part of the pool (at least two thirds of it) is kind of like a huge lounger made up of metal poles with a few inches of space between each pole. If you are 5'3" or shorter, it is very difficult to use as a lounger so I had to sit on one of the bars near the edge of the pool. The end of the pool where you enter into is like a normal jacuzzi so I mostly hung out there.

I don't get that. Anyone have close up pics?

Hope this works - posting from my phone, so you may have to copy and paste to see it if it doesn't come thru as a link. http://www.google.com/search?q=thalassotherapy+pool+carnival+cruise&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjKl7W5z-fNAhVG4yYKHRIcAfYQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=519#imgrc=GwHsiL65F_JfwM%3A