Just back from Cote d`Azur to Paris

flynnsky

Thanks. Enjoyed the review. To save folks time, here's a direct link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=537506

At the Pont du Gard were you able to walk on the aqueduct or just see it from a distance?

FuelScience

We were able to walk on the Aqueduct and see wonderful views, and then you are able to walk down the path and take some magnificent photos from below.

We were able to walk on the Aqueduct and see wonderful views, and then you are able to walk down the path and take some magnificent photos from below.

If you saw wonderful views, were you on the bridge right next to the aqueduct? My understanding is that the (normally locked) path across the top is mostly covered so you don't actually see much.

If you saw wonderful views, were you on the bridge right next to the aqueduct? My understanding is that the (normally locked) path across the top is mostly covered so you don't actually see much.

You cannot walk across the top, that is forbidden,you can walk across the first level and that affords one some beautiful views in my estimation.

You cannot walk across the top, that is forbidden,you can walk across the first level and that affords one some beautiful views in my estimation.

Yes the views are wonderful, but it isn't actually the first level -- it is a bridge just downstream from the aqueduct, almost but not quite touching, as shown in the attached picture. And you can walk across the top, if you have a guide with the key -- there have been recent reviews from people who were able to do this, but my impression was that it wasn't really worth it.

Pont du Gard.pdf