Amsterdam Signature Beverage Package and other bev pkg ????

bohaiboy

So we are on the Amsterdam on July 10 RT Seattle. I have gone over the packages for alcohol. The Explore 4 is not offered so a moot point. I was chatting with a HA rep and she told me the daily limit was $50. My understanding is that if I wanted 15 $8 drinks then it would be ok (assuming I could still walk :-)) I also assume if I get a $2.50 diet coke it counts as one drink also, is that correct?

Two more drinks questions. Is it worth getting the Admirals Choice wine package (5 or 7 bottle package) wine package versus buying onshore and paying the corkage fee of $18?

And finally the Cellar Master package which includes 5 bottles, two different tastings and a Pinnacle reservation.

TIA.

Here's how we think about wine:

if we are arriving to the ship in a way that allows us to bring our own wine, we do so and pay the $18.00. We bring the wine we prefer -- and there really are no bargains on the ship. The markup is easily more than $18. However, if you want a "wine adventure", maybe one of the packages will introduce you to something new that you wouldn't try otherwise. What's the average cost per bottle of the packages? Is that worth it to you?

This link should take you to a wine menu with prices:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Dining-Room-Wine-Bottles.pdf

Gotta love the way Seattle can't get it right. :rolleyes: Here's how it goes with the Signature Beverage Package:

All adults (at least age 21) in the cabin must purchase the package. The price (per person) is $51.xx, after the 18% service charge is added. THAT's where the $50 figure tossed around comes from. It is NOT a limit on the value of drinks per day.

Once purchased, the SBP allows you to purchase up to 15 drinks per day, with a per drink limit of $8.00.

Since you paid the service charge when you bought the package, the service charge is not figured in the price of the drink.

So in the two examples you gave, you are correct.

The only thing I would add is that the coffees in the Explorations Lounge are also part of the 15 drinks package, even if they are not the alcoholic kind, as they are classed as 'speciality'. This is potentially confusing as the package blurb states that all non-alcoholic drinks are free.

In any event we only managed the 15 once and that was on a sea day and included coffees and cokes!

The only thing I would add is that the coffees in the Explorations Lounge are also part of the 15 drinks package, even if they are not the alcoholic kind, as they are classed as 'speciality'. This is potentially confusing as the package blurb states that all non-alcoholic drinks are free.

In any event we only managed the 15 once and that was on a sea day and included coffees and cokes!

Can the drinks using the Explore4 package be used at all dining venues on the ship (excluding room service)? Can it be used at the Pinnacle Grille, Lido, explorations cafe, all bars, around the pool, and all new restaurants on the Koningsdam such as Grand Dutch Cafe?

Can it be used for small bottles of water to take back to the cabin as well as off the ship?

Also, does the Koningsdam have a bar located in the lido cafe (as Celebrity does in their Cafe on their newer Solstice class ships)?

Edited by Jade13

Can the drinks using the Explore4 package be used at all dining venues on the ship (excluding room service)? Can it be used at the Pinnacle Grille, Lido, explorations cafe, all bars, around the pool, and all new restaurants on the Koningsdam such as Grand Dutch Cafe?

Can it be used for small bottles of water to take back to the cabin as well as off the ship?

Also, does the Koningsdam have a bar located in the lido cafe (as Celebrity does in their Cafe on their newer Solstice class ships)?

Yes -- the Explore4 Beverage Package can be used in all the places you listed.

There isn't a bar located in the District Market, but there are wine stewards who roam around and will be glad to get you alcoholic drinks.

Gotta love the way Seattle can't get it right. :rolleyes: Here's how it goes with the Signature Beverage Package:

All adults (at least age 21) in the cabin must purchase the package. The price (per person) is $51.xx, after the 18% service charge is added. THAT's where the $50 figure tossed around comes from. It is NOT a limit on the value of drinks per day.

Once purchased, the SBP allows you to purchase up to 15 drinks per day, with a per drink limit of $8.00.

Since you paid the service charge when you bought the package, the service charge is not figured in the price of the drink.

So in the two examples you gave, you are correct.

Hi Ruth,

Here is another example for confusion. I booked an Alaska cruise with the Explore 4 package which includes the Signature Beverage Package over a year ago. Recently a friend decided to join me so I will have my TA add Kakalina to my booking tomorrow. Kakalina was told by her PCC that she would not have to purchase the Explore 4 or the Signature Beverage package even though I have it.

Go figure?

Edited by lazey1

Here is another example for confusion.

Go figure?

My head spins reading this.

It's got to be because your SBP is due to being part of Explore 4, not because you purchased the SBP, and Explore 4 isn't available now.

Crazy, but that's what makes sense.