A positive experience with MyNCL

beerman2

With all the negativity lately, I had a very good/positive experience with NCL web this morning when booking dining reservations.

It couldn't have gone any smoother. Booking the restaurants was much easier than anticipated.

Maybe the key is being up at 4:30 a.m. and doing the reservations when most people are sleeping and not hundred(s) of people trying at once.

Yes the key is planning and we will not disappointed that the times we wanted will be gone by the time we board.

It worked easy-peasy at 12:30 this morning and again at 9:30 when I added more dining reservations. Got confirmations within minutes. Wish I could pack as easily, LOL.

I did the same yesterday. I'm on the same sailing as you. It was a lot easier than I expected. I reserved 4 evenings for the specialty dining package, and 2 evenings in LeBistro for our platinum perks. Included friends from other cabin on the dinner reservations. No problems at all. Got confirmation almost immediately.

Breezer

Yes it was. Totally surprised as NCL web has a mind of it's own. That being said my email confirmation has the correct times, MYNCL summary has all times listed as 6 p.m.

Thought that was funny. Yes I will take the email confirmation with me just in case.

Breezer

Yes it was. Totally surprised as NCL web has a mind of it's own. That being said my email confirmation has the correct times, MYNCL summary has all times listed as 6 p.m.

Thought that was funny. Yes I will take the email confirmation with me just in case.

That happened with my confirmations, too. I called NCL and they said MyNCL had a glitch. I didn't try to reserve Tapanyaki but whatever I reserved I made it for more people than me, no problem.

I have read in the past that it was a problem and you can only book 4 or 6.

Anyone knows if 5 is now possible ?

Thank you

I round up to the higher number and when I get on board I change it at the dining venue. If you have 5 people you'll need a table for 6 anyway.

I have read in the past that it was a problem and you can only book 4 or 6.

Anyone knows if 5 is now possible ?

Thank you

I've read here numerous times that only even numbers can be booked, yet we've always booked 3, so I know that isn't true.

2 questions: how were you able to include friends in your reservations?

and was teppenyaki available to book and if so what were the times available?

I just put the total number of diners when making the reservations. They don't ask for names or cabin numbers, and they didn't charge me for anyone I think because I have the specialty dining package promo. My Teppenyaki reservation is on Tuesday for 6:15. I don't know what times are available now. Probably changed since I made the reservations.

Breezer

Beerman2

My summary has 6:00 for every reservation also, and like you, my confirmation shows the correct time. Yeah, I'll be bringing that with me too.

Congrats, FWIW & feeling lucky. Alas, the redefined notion of a freestyle sailing experience under NCL has changed much :rolleyes: over the last decade and sorry, we find it unacceptable and troublesome to wake up at 4:30 am to secure upcoming dining ... 90 days out, or is it 100 days by using the concierge.

Best to re-check your "confirmed" bookings at least T minus 48 to 72 hours out just be sure and print it out, as you will no longer have access to it for 48 hours ... to do anything and/or to call, in case of problems or time changes, etc.

As for booking the table size, they do have table sizes for the odd numbers like 5 or 7 or 9, etc. - not just nice even numbers - at least for the MDR's and the reservation system online do have that when we booked ours for this May ... perhaps, it has been revised again.

There are other loopholes in their booking system but I won't go into it here. Until they rewrite their codes for integration with their iConcierge App for displaying confirmed reservations & reviews/reminders of upcoming calendar appointments, it has plenty of room for improvement ... hello, I.T. (here's another reminder, written to & still)

in order of difficulty what specialty restaurants should be booked first (ie what is most difficult)

Not sure if there is any order of difficulty. I booked Cagney's, Teppanyaki, LeBistro, and Moderno in that order.

Congrats, FWIW & feeling lucky. Alas, the redefined notion of a freestyle sailing experience under NCL has changed much :rolleyes: over the last decade and sorry, we find it unacceptable and troublesome to wake up at 4:30 am to secure upcoming dining ... 90 days out, or is it 100 days by using the concierge.

Best to re-check your "confirmed" bookings at least T minus 48 to 72 hours out just be sure and print it out, as you will no longer have access to it for 48 hours ... to do anything and/or to call, in case of problems or time changes, etc.

As for booking the table size, they do have table sizes for the odd numbers like 5 or 7 or 9, etc. - not just nice even numbers - at least for the MDR's and the reservation system online do have that when we booked ours for this May ... perhaps, it has been revised again.

There are other loopholes in their booking system but I won't go into it here. Until they rewrite their codes for integration with their iConcierge App for displaying confirmed reservations & reviews/reminders of upcoming calendar appointments, it has plenty of room for improvement ... hello, I.T. (here's another reminder, written to & still)

Just because you find it troublesome and unacceptable so be it! I happened to be awake so I went on-line and made reservations. And as stated I DO have email confirmation printed out.

Traveled enough to know to cover all bases!

Not sure if there is any order of difficulty. I booked Cagney's, Teppanyaki, LeBistro, and Moderno in that order.

i had read once because teppanyaki is so small, you need to do that one first. i'm assuming the others have more seating or arent as popular. i just didnt know if i needed to be awake at the stroke of 90 days or not. if i recall i also saw that it's better to dine earlier in the cruise at the specialties.

i had read once because teppanyaki is so small, you need to do that one first. i'm assuming the others have more seating or arent as popular. i just didnt know if i needed to be awake at the stroke of 90 days or not. if i recall i also saw that it's better to dine earlier in the cruise at the specialties.

Lucky- are you still in the suite? Cuz it is 100 days. I'm from PA and I remember reading your fun posts.unless I have you confused with someone else whic IS very possible.

In my experience Teppanyaki is the first to go, then Le Bistro

Edited by Annmeat