Club World Owner's Suite

joelsmith101

Other than size and location, what do you get that you do not get in a Club Ocean Suite? Does it have a separate guest washroom (1.5 vs. 1 baths)? Is it worth getting a Like Package with this suite?

Thanks, Joel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm assuming that you mean a Club Continent Suite rather than a Club Ocean Suite (which gets the same as a Club World Owner's Suite). You get an invite to the Best of the Best meal in the Drawing Room created by the Executive Chef and it is beautiful to look at, eat and the service is impeccable. It's attended by the Captain, Hotel Director and two other senior officers. You get VIP status on the ship which means you are on bus or tender number 1 for the AzAmazing Evening assuming there is one on your sailing. You can have meals served from the Specialties in your cabin if you want to. You are able to get room service breakfast on the final day.

The bathroom has been knocked through and there is only one toilet, but you can slide a door to close this off from the main bathroom and it has a second hand basin. The bath is a soaking tub rather than a jacuzzi (an omission in my view). The walk in shower is very nice, but having stayed in the CW suite twice since the refurbishment the issue of water over the floor has not been solved (at least on Journey). If the ship is tendered or docked with a slight lean the wrong way the water pools away from the drain hole. If the ship moves in rough weather it's a challenge to keep the floor dry.

That's about all I can think of.

Phil

I agree with most of what was posted above and will not be redundant concerning the perks.

We have only enjoyed the Quest suites (never sailed Journey) thus far (6088 pre-refurb) and 7114 (post-refurb) and we do miss the 1/2 bathroom and double sinks, but do enjoy the shower so much more (although the door is mounted backwards, should open toward the bathroom, not the room door).

Love the sliding door between the rooms as opposed to the curtain as it affords more privacy when the butler makes his daily AM deliveries.

Would like the full length mirror mounted on outside of closet door or at least on a wall or door that would open all the way instead of the present 90 degree opening. Wish the beds allowed storage of suitcases underneath like before, new bed frames are too low. The area now for suitcases (used to be a make-up mirror area) has no lighting and is a waste of space except for suitcases (since they will not fit under the bed anymore).

Mini-fridge is too deep for the cabinet or the cabinet is too shallow for the fridge and the door will not close completely and you get this nice repetitive thump during moderate seas (like when the clothes hangers in the closets swing into the side which is easily corrected) makes counting sheep obsolete:rolleyes:

Dining room furniture is too large for the space.

Since they elminated the 1/2 bath it would have been nice if they had added a wet bar in the dining area. The plumbing was exposed during the refurb and would have been a minor addition.

Would have been nice if the new bedside lamps had usb power outlets like other new cabins do.

Edited by LOP

Other than size and location, what do you get that you do not get in a Club Ocean Suite? Does it have a separate guest washroom (1.5 vs. 1 baths)? Is it worth getting a Like Package with this suite?

Thanks, Joel.

What you don't get in an Owner's Suite is non-stop wind in your face while the ship is moving.

Thanks for the responses. Can I assume that the minor annoyances mentioned would not stop you booking the Owner's Suite again? Is this suite worth the increased cost over the Club Ocean and Club Spa (which appears to have a tiny balcony) Suites?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is there any point in upgrading drink packages if in an Owner's Suite? I assume you are not getting something similar to the "Best" package which is a perk of Celebrity's suites.

Edited by bac513

I thought the Ocean Suite and the Owner's Suite were the same price, is there a difference? I know the Spa Suite is between those and the Club Continent Suite.

I wonder why they took out the half bath, is the shower a lot bigger now?

Edit... If you want an improved drink package, you do have to purchase one, according to my TA.

Edited by Pam
add info

The Owner's Suite is bigger than the Ocean Suite and costs more. There is no special drink package that goes along with any of the suites; you get the same all-inclusive drinks menu that you get if you book the lowest priced stateroom.

Phil is correct in that the Best of the Best dinner is a major perk of being in the Owner's Suite. It's an incredible multi-course dinner with matching wines served in the library.

IMHO, the major benefit of the Owner's Suite, and what you pay for, is loads of space. The balcony is huge and very useable for sunning, dining, and watching the world go by. The living and sleeping spaces are so large that one barely ever wants to leave. Tremendous spatial luxury for a cruise ship.

However, there were a number of design flaws in the Owner's Suite that followed the dry dock for the Journey, and I would be reluctant to spend the big bucks to book the Owner's Suite again until I have assurances that they have been corrected. I don't want to make a boring and annoying list of the issues, but for me primarily the chronically leaking shower stall and the lack of adequate lighting in the living room distracted from the luxury experience.

I am soaking all this information in; my TA stumbled into an amazing price for me, I was offered either the Ocean or the Owner's for the same price, which is why I didn't realize there was a difference. She did recommend the Owner's because it was on the back and she was concerned about a lot of motion on the front if the seas got rough. I love watching the wake of the ship, so I agreed with her, I'm happy I did.

I don't use the shower so that won't be an issue for me. I have some tiny battery-powered lamps that give out an amazing amount of light so I will toss a couple of those into my bag.

This cruise is supposed to be a sort of recovery time for me; I have had some major traumas in my life over the last several years with no time in between to gather myself. I am looking forward to the ports, but I am also looking forward to the peace of watching the wake. I may get lost in all that space, but a friend is also going on this cruise and she has also had more than her share of loss recently. I'll share the space when she wants.

Thanks to those of you who have shared knowledge. If it matters, we are on Quest.

I forgot to ask; would a piece of duct tape correct the clattering cabinet door?

Edited by Pam

In response to Pam:

We did not experience a leaking shower, but as you mentioned it does not apply to you.

There was ample lighting in the dining/living room with overhead lights as well as couchside lamps.

You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the deck...very large and the loungers are very comfortable.

The service is also impeccable with a butler, cabin steward and an assistant.

Dining off any menu you choose for dinner under the stars enjoying the wake and scenery while your butler serves you course by course is a nice perk enjoyed with this suite.

If you suite is on deck 6, then you will experience some vibration and noise when pulling in/out of port. Deck 8 will have a bit of overhead noise from chairs at times, but not too bad. Deck 7, you are golden!

Enjoy your cruise and bully for you to treat yourself based on your past life experiences, hope things get better.

Edited by LOP

Anyone know whether the aforementioned shower and lighting issues have been corrected?

On Journey they have now put an extra spot light over the dressing table in the bedroom. It's powerful and makes quite a difference there. Overall though the lighting still isn't great and there are still dark areas. The bathroom is well lit. They have added an extra plastic strip to the shower door that stops leaks if the seas are calm, but the lip is still low and the water slops around if it's rough. It's worth mentioning that both Tom (tv24) and I were on a transatlantic with 15 foot seas when the poor design of the shower really showed up.

Having just come back from a few cruises on Journey in different cabin grades it did highlight some of the design omissions in those big cabins aside from the shower design. No extending magnifying mirrors in the bathroom and no under wall light USB charging sockets. I found both these items very useful. And bathroom storage for toiletries is better in a window cabin, but then you don't get all that lovely space and a huge balcony. It's an odd mix.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I am on Deck 6, but vibration hasn't ever bothered me; I started on 8 but moved down.

I will still probably toss a couple of those little lamps in, they aren't much bigger than two decks of cards. I like to curl up with a good book sometimes, and my eyes aren't getting any younger.

The vibration is a non-issue unless you are doing more than 15 knots so depending upon how fast you need to go on your itinerary you may not be bothered at all. Repositioning cruises I've done where speed has been higher it's vibrated quite a bit. Last cruise, none at all really. I was on deck 6.

Phil

It's the European Capitals itinerary with a few overnights, so I'm thinking the speed limit won't be warp speed. Meandering was just what I wanted.

It's the European Capitals itinerary with a few overnights, so I'm thinking the speed limit won't be warp speed. Meandering was just what I wanted.

As I stated, it was only during docking/undocking...not cruising.

Phil was talking about doing 15 knots or so, so I was answering him.

We were on Regent Mariner for her first journey to Alaska; late one night as she pulled away from the dock in one of the ports, I woke my husband up and told him I thought they forgot to untie her. It felt like we were dragging the entire dock with us! We went right back to sleep, so it didn't bother us. We also sailed in the grand and owner's suites on Regent Navigator, so heard the anchor go up and down many times. Not a worry. Thanks!

I can't wait!

Phil was talking about doing 15 knots or so, so I was answering him.

We were on Regent Mariner for her first journey to Alaska; late one night as she pulled away from the dock in one of the ports, I woke my husband up and told him I thought they forgot to untie her. It felt like we were dragging the entire dock with us! We went right back to sleep, so it didn't bother us. We also sailed in the grand and owner's suites on Regent Navigator, so heard the anchor go up and down many times. Not a worry. Thanks!

I can't wait!

I see you have five overnights and some later arrivals and a tender port so not too many docking manoeuvres on your cruise too. Have a great cruise!

Phil

I am soaking all this information in; my TA stumbled into an amazing price for me, I was offered either the Ocean or the Owner's for the same price, which is why I didn't realize there was a difference. She did recommend the Owner's because it was on the back and she was concerned about a lot of motion on the front if the seas got rough. I love watching the wake of the ship, so I agreed with her, I'm happy I did.

I don't use the shower so that won't be an issue for me. I have some tiny battery-powered lamps that give out an amazing amount of light so I will toss a couple of those into my bag.

This cruise is supposed to be a sort of recovery time for me; I have had some major traumas in my life over the last several years with no time in between to gather myself. I am looking forward to the ports, but I am also looking forward to the peace of watching the wake. I may get lost in all that space, but a friend is also going on this cruise and she has also had more than her share of loss recently. I'll share the space when she wants.

Thanks to those of you who have shared knowledge. If it matters, we are on Quest.

I forgot to ask; would a piece of duct tape correct the clattering cabinet door?

Yes, do bring some duct tape. It's an item we always travel with on a ship as we tape our doors and cabinets whenever we are in high seas.