Arcade Costs

bunchesofun

Last cruise was 3 years ago. I can't remember how much the games in the arcade were. Our 17 y.o. daughter will be bringing a friend and we want to tell them so they can judge how much money to send for that plus souvenirs.

• 5 months later...
Do they put actual cash/money into the games or can you use the Sign and Sail card?

You use your card, and be warned, charges add up fast. I set a limit for my kids and how much they could spend. Guest services told me they had one parent end up with a $4000 bill from the arcade. I'm hoping he was just kidding.

You use your card, and be warned, charges add up fast. I set a limit for my kids and how much they could spend. Guest services told me they had one parent end up with a $4000 bill from the arcade. I'm hoping he was just kidding.

Yikes! Did that boy eat or get any sun?! Lol! I hope he was kidding too. Do you know if they can use the kiosks to check their balance? I imagine it's easy for them to lose track of what they have spent.

Yikes! Did that boy eat or get any sun?! Lol! I hope he was kidding too. Do you know if they can use the kiosks to check their balance? I imagine it's easy for them to lose track of what they have spent.

The kids will not be concerned about the money they are spending. They will just want to ensure they are having fun. I make sure I monitor my daughter's spending or else her gaming would bankrupt me.

The kids will not be concerned about the money they are spending. They will just want to ensure they are having fun. I make sure I monitor my daughter's spending or else her gaming would bankrupt me.

My son is concerned about being responsible with money, so I would love if he could keep track himself. However, like you, I always have oversight ;) So then I guess my question is how do either one of us keep track? Is there a way to see what has been charged to your card - short of standing in line at guest services.

Our son has been using the arcades for years on many different ships. He will be 14 next week and a week later we leave on the Magic, he will be using the arcade daily I am sure (maybe 45 minutes to an hour total a day).

We have been told that the limit in the arcade (GS all different ships) on anyone under 18's S & S card is $75 daily. We have not tested it as my son knows and understands that his daily limit for the arcade is $25 (some days he hits $25 and some days he is under by a few dollars). He sticks to it, he understands that I monitor our S & S account and if he were to go over in the arcade, his S & S would no longer have charging privileges. Its simple. It works for the arcade.

You can go to GS each day and put exactly what you want on each kids account and when they reach it, it stops, they cannot use it. So there is that option as well.

Edited by Drazil65