Historic America Land Tour pre-7 day cruise

MauiGOOT

We have signed up for the Historic America Land tour prior the New York to New York 7 day cruise. I have a couple of basic questions that I haven't seen addressed anywhere else... could those of you who have experienced this land tour please respond?

1) What is the dress code for the land tour? Is there ever a time that 'smart casual' would not work? In other words, are there required dressy times?

2) How did you manage laundry? Or is there any opportunity for laundry at all? We pack very lightly with only carry on luggage, so 7 days of laundry will bring us down to not much left!!

3) Anything you wished you would have known about or that came as a surprise to you?

4) Anything else you would pass on to a first-time land tour guest? (Obviously, realizing the need to be on time is high on that list! ;))

Thanks so much!

Lis

We have signed up for the Historic America Land tour prior the New York to New York 7 day cruise. I have a couple of basic questions that I haven't seen addressed anywhere else... could those of you who have experienced this land tour please respond?

1) What is the dress code for the land tour? Is there ever a time that 'smart casual' would not work? In other words, are there required dressy times? I have not been on this particular tour, but on the other Princess land tours I have been on, smart casual was fine all the time.

2) How did you manage laundry? Or is there any opportunity for laundry at all? We pack very lightly with only carry on luggage, so 7 days of laundry will bring us down to not much left!! Most likely will need to pack enough until you can do laundry when you get onto the ship. Unless you are at a hotel two nights, there will not be an opportunity for the hotel to do your laundry (at hotel pricing). You might be lucky and stay at a hotel with self-service machines if you want to spend an evening doing laundry.

see above in red

Edited by caribill

We did the Canada / New England cruise tour which was round trip from NY on the Regal. They give you the itinerary which lists the hotels. I called the hotels and asked if they had self service laundry. Most did have it so used it in the middle of the land portion. You will arrive at your hotel before dinner time so there is time to do a load of laundry.

Most dress was casual not smart casual. Jeans were most prevalent. You will be sitting on a tour bus for hours and need to be comfortable. Bring some snacks and drink for the bus. I brought granola type bars and jerky and pretzels. There is a restroom on the bus. People are friendly and conversations are easy when you're a captive audience like that for a week.