If you have a drink package is it loaded on your sea pass card ?

billy10

I you have a drink package is it on your sea pass or do they put a stamp on it & do they do it at the check in counter? Thanks for info

It's printed on your sea pass if you preordered it before the cruise. If you buy it at a bar then they put a sticker on your card,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless the policy has recently changed, underneath the date on your Sea Pass card, it will say "Package Type." The Classic Beverage Package was listed as "Call." The beverage package is loaded on the card. You just order a drink and hand over the card. There were no receipts to sign. I never had a problem.

Unless the policy has recently changed, underneath the date on your Sea Pass card, it will say "Package Type." The Classic Beverage Package was listed as "Call." The beverage package is loaded on the card. You just order a drink and hand over the card. There were no receipts to sign. I never had a problem.

We had a couple of drinks wrongly charged to our account but guest relations soon sorted it.

If you order a classic drink the waiter should not bring you a receipt to sign, if he does then query it, because it will be charged.

thanks guys for all the info you guys are the best I was worried because I didn't see any of my perks on my conformation but now I see it so I guess the premium drink package Wii be on my sea pass

We did have the premium pkg on Baltic cruise we just returned from, but we did have to sign for drinks from the bars.

We did have the premium pkg on Baltic cruise we just returned from, but we did have to sign for drinks from the bars.

Hi Chris!! We never had to sign for drinks the entire time, unless we ordered a bottle of wine. Even in Luminae when we ordered a drink over the limit (some champagne to celebrate surviving SPB in tact) we didn't sign a slip, but our account was charged the price difference.

Hi Chris!! We never had to sign for drinks the entire time, unless we ordered a bottle of wine. Even in Luminae when we ordered a drink over the limit (some champagne to celebrate surviving SPB in tact) we didn't sign a slip, but our account was charged the price difference.

Luminae is different because the staff quickly learn what package everybody has [and with the "Suites are BEST" promotion almost everybody in Luminae will have the Premium package]. I didn't have to sign for anything covered by the package anywhere on the ship, but at Ocean Liners I had to sign for the glasses of wine over $13 [only paid the difference].

I actually prefer the sticker on the card, as over time the package printed on the card can wear off.

It's a manual process for servers to apply to the package, the cash register system, doesn't know about it based on the swipe of the mag stripe or barcode.

I was on a cruise in a suite, and had no package as I booked very last minute, but at the time all suites had beverage packages, and they rarely charged for my drinks, just assuming a grey suit card got included drinks.

They have to look at the card, determine the package top, press the package button, which then applies the appropriate item pricing (i.e. zero dollars if the item is in the package) then ring the sale. So if they can't see the package type any longer, they will likely charge for the drink, unless they have come to know you, or do a manual look into your account to see what packages you have, which takes many extra steps.

This process is easily observed in the lounge outside of Michaels' Club on the S class ships, where the POS faces the guests in 1 of the positions where you can watch them run a sale through.

Edited by cle-guy