Shore excursion credit

wendyiam

Hello! I haven't cruised with Norwegian before,

So I'm planning on booking a December Jade cruise on the current promo with the $50 shore excursion credit ($50 per port-4 ports) so my question is, will they give me a $200 credit that i could use all in one excursion if i wanted to? do i have to book 4 separate excursions, 1 at each port in order to get the full credits?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello! I haven't cruised with Norwegian before,

So I'm planning on booking a December Jade cruise on the current promo with the $50 shore excursion credit ($50 per port-4 ports) so my question is, will they give me a $200 credit that i could use all in one excursion if i wanted to? do i have to book 4 separate excursions, 1 at each port in order to get the full credits?

Thanks in advance :)

4 separate excursions - one at each port.

Here are the T&Cs:

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

- $50 USD shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

- Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

- Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

- In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

- Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

- Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

- Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

So, cannot combine credits or carryover to next port if a port is missed.

You will see the $50 credit AFTER completion of the excursion typically a day or two before the cruise ends. It may not be immediate because that's when NCL processes all the promos etc. You will see it on your account summary.

Some have reported you can book and prepay on line and still get the credit...... however, the T&Cs clearly say you have to call or book on board and with the way NCL policies are changing \ being enforced..... I would follow the T&Cs exactly

Edited by esm54687

We are using this promotion choice for our August Escape cruise. Here are the steps I've followed:

1. Shopped for excursions online under Explore & Plan, myncl.com

2. Called NCL to book our selections, 1 excursion for each port

3. NCL quoted me a price for our bookings and required no payment.

4. I will be charged the quoted price onboard, the credit will be applied after we've taken the excursions and my onboard account will have the balance posted. I will pay for the excursions as part of my final onboard total.

I could have also waited to book excursions once onboard, but it is nice to have that planning done. We can make changes onboard if needed.

This is a good choice for us because I would have booked these excursions, so it is an actual discount.

Edited by Nola26

Speaking of shore excursions...does anyone know if they are cheaper to book on NCL.com vs On the ship? only reason why I ask is because my Epic cruise in December has $875 OBC so I would like to book them with that vs paying over the phone. but I heard that they charge more on the ship....didnt know if that was just a rumor or not.

My experience is same price.... but waiting until onboard you run the risk of it being sold out

My personal strategy..... call to book the excursion and not do it on line. It is 10000% easier to cancel or rebook another excursion on the phone than trying to get a refund because you prepaid on line. There's also flexibility on board to choose a replacement excursion because you haven't prepaid

Edited by esm54687

One piece of advice for those with the shore excursion credit promo calling NCL to book an excursion: BEFORE you actually book the excursion, print off a copy of the excursion description and PRICE, and only then call and book.

I advise this because once you book, the confirmation that NCL emails you will NOT show the price of the excursion, and once you've booked an excursion, the price of the excursion when you log on to your NCL account will show as zero.

Do this if you want proof of the price at which you booked the excursion, in case prices rise in the future (they;ve been known to do that). I wasted a lot of time with NCL on the phone over this trying to get an invoice that showed the actual price at which I'd booked, only to be told by several reps, including a supervisor, that they coudn't send me anything showing the booked price. Insane.

Make it easy on yourself -- print out the excursion description and price before you book.

Speaking of shore excursions...does anyone know if they are cheaper to book on NCL.com vs On the ship? only reason why I ask is because my Epic cruise in December has $875 OBC so I would like to book them with that vs paying over the phone. but I heard that they charge more on the ship....didnt know if that was just a rumor or not.

On our January 2015 cruise, the excursions were all $0.99 more per person when booked on board (compared to the prices I saw online on NCL before the cruise....I had printed these and brought them with, we decided the day before boarding what we wanted to do).

Here are the T&Cs:

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

- $50 USD shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

- Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

- Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

- In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

- Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

- Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

- Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

So, cannot combine credits or carryover to next port if a port is missed.

You will see the $50 credit AFTER completion of the excursion typically a day or two before the cruise ends. It may not be immediate because that's when NCL processes all the promos etc. You will see it on your account summary.

Some have reported you can book and prepay on line and still get the credit...... however, the T&Cs clearly say you have to call or book on board and with the way NCL policies are changing \ being enforced..... I would follow the T&Cs exactly

Gotcha thanks, I missed the non transferable from port to port part.

For what it's worth, I called the NCL shore excursion phone number and was told that the way I *had* to do it was make the reservation through them and pay on board. After the excursion, the discount will come off the total charged to the OB account.

Mallory

For what it's worth, I called the NCL shore excursion phone number and was told that the way I *had* to do it was make the reservation through them and pay on board. After the excursion, the discount will come off the total charged to the OB account.

Mallory

I called, paid and received an email confirming the 150 dollar OBC that I would receive ( booked 3 excursions).

• 2 weeks later...
For the bermuda cruise does anyone know if we have to use 50 dollars per day or if we can use the whole 150 dollars on one excursion?

You must book 3 separate excursions on 3 separate days in Bermuda to use the entire $150 credit.

You cannot use the credit to get $150 credit on a single excursion.

You cannot use more than one $50 credit per day. So you cannot book 2 excursions on one day and get $50 off each.

Thanks.. I was hoping to use the shore excursion credit to buy the bus/ferry passes on board (we did that last time on the Dawn but used OBC) - I am guessing that's not possible anymore :-( I wished I had done more research on the shore excursion credit... probably would have chosen the dining package instead. We have the UBP as well.. so at least I can drink my disappointment away!!!

You must book 3 separate excursions on 3 separate days in Bermuda to use the entire $150 credit.

You cannot use the credit to get $150 credit on a single excursion.

You cannot use more than one $50 credit per day. So you cannot book 2 excursions on one day and get $50 off each.

Thanks.. I was hoping to use the shore excursion credit to buy the bus/ferry passes on board (we did that last time on the Dawn but used OBC) - I am guessing that's not possible anymore :-( I wished I had done more research on the shore excursion credit... probably would have chosen the dining package instead. We have the UBP as well.. so at least I can drink my disappointment away!!!

FWIW, if you give NCL a call (or your TA, if you used one), you might be able to switch from the excursion credit to the dining package. The worst thing they can do is say "no."

Also, FYI, I think I read that there have been changes made in the sale of transport passes at the Dockyard this year. If buying multi-day passes is key to your planning for spending the time in Bermuda, you might want to investigate.

Have fun -- we're looking forward to going back to Bermuda some day.