Barcelona HoHo from Ship

JohnS43

I was trying to book a Viator HoHo tour for Barcelona, and the description states "Take a DIY shore trip during your cruise stop in Barcelona with this convenient hop-on, hop-off city bus tour. Climb aboard a double-decker, open-top bus at the Port of Barcelona (Port Olímpic - stop 6) just 15 minutes from the cruise terminal.

After doing a bit of research, I found out that ships usually dock at Adossat or Barcelona Piers. Looking on Google Maps, it appears that Port Olimpic is over an HOUR away on foot. Do they mean it's a 15-minute DRIVE or taxi ride from the ship?

I tried asking this question on Viator's website, and my submission got dumped so I figured I'd try here instead. Has anyone done this before? Is the closest pickup point within walking distance?

If you take the Blue port bus T3 from your cruise terminal to the stop near the Colon monument first, you can then back track to the entrance to the 'World Trade Center'.

The various Hop on Hop off operators have busses lined up there and they have an agent at the stop that will sell tickets as well. The bus stops are down the right side of the road. This is the port where several ferry lines dock along with many of the luxury small ship operators.

Thanks for your help! I guess I was overthinking or overplanning and trying to get all of my shore excursions lined up -- and when I read about the Viator offer, I assumed that was the only way to access the HoHo-- but of course it makes sense that you should be able to board it anywhere along the route, and now that I know I can buy a ticket on the day of the tour, I guess I will do it that way.

One problem with booking anything through Viator is that the info on their website is the only info you'll get out of them.

It's possible to walk from port Olimpic to the Ho-Ho stop, but like all docks it's a lot further than it looks. So well worth taking the port bus (about 4 euros return) from your ship to a drop point beyond the port gate and no more than a five minute walk from the Ho-Ho stop

JB :)

Also you might want to consider using the "red" privately owned HOHO as opposed to the city owned "blue" bus...The red one does offer a sr. discount (if it applies to you) and it was much easier to HOHO...as we saw many waiting to catch the "blue" one that had empty seats as it is heavily advertised so many more tend to use it . ;)

Also you might want to consider using the "red" privately owned HOHO as opposed to the city owned "blue" bus...The red one does offer a sr. discount (if it applies to you) and it was much easier to HOHO...as we saw many waiting to catch the "blue" one that had empty seats as it is heavily advertised so many more tend to use it . ;)

From what we saw in May, I would agree.

The two hoho systems also follow slightly different routes. The private Barcelona Tour red buses stop at the Torre Agbar and L'hospital St Crue et St Pau while the city owned blue sided Turistic buses stop at Monestir de Pedralbes.

We picked the red buses because we found their routes and stops to be more convenient.

City Sighseeing HOHO bus, has loading and a kiosk right at the Columbus statue are. NO back tracking needed. Two different routes.

This is a poor choice to book ahead, simple to just get walk up tickets. WHY would you ever consider using a booking vendor for such a simple purchase???

• 2 weeks later...
If you take the Blue port bus T3 from your cruise terminal to the stop near the Colon monument first, you can then back track to the entrance to the 'World Trade Center'.

The various Hop on Hop off operators have busses lined up there and they have an agent at the stop that will sell tickets as well. The bus stops are down the right side of the road. This is the port where several ferry lines dock along with many of the luxury small ship operators.

This is very helpful, THX :)