Uber to Port Everglades

Hi there!

I'm wondering, has anyone taken Uber to Port Everglades and more importantly FROM Port Everglades?

I'm getting conflicting information and I leave on Saturday and need to be picked up the following Saturday.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. It's a holiday or I would call:eek:

TIA

Hi there!

I'm wondering' date=' has anyone taken Uber to Port Everglades and more importantly FROM Port Everglades?

I'm getting conflicting information and I leave on Saturday and need to be picked up the following Saturday.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. It's a holiday or I would call:eek:

TIA[/quote']

You might also ask on the Florida Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

yes, I just did this last week. was staying only 1.5 miles from port and the hotel was going to charge $7 per person for a shuttle. Uber was something like $5! it's a great way to go. I think if you are going to be picked up you ought to make it at a time when most people are already gone do the poor driver doesn't have to sit in all that traffic.

We used both Uber and Lyft on our last trip in December. For all four trips - Airport to hotel to port to hotel to airport - the cost was never more than $15 for two people. The drivers were polite, the cars were clean, and it was fun tracking their progress to our pick up point. We will use both services again on our upcoming trip this December. :D

We used both Uber and Lyft on our last trip in December. For all four trips - Airport to hotel to port to hotel to airport - the cost was never more than $15 for two people. The drivers were polite, the cars were clean, and it was fun tracking their progress to our pick up point. We will use both services again on our upcoming trip this December. :D

The cost is typically $15 for these runs in taxis, if you can get one. Last March they weren't any the port when we were embarking. There were lines for people waiting for them.

Like you, we are going to use uber going to the port because you can track your car specifically. I have had enough of waiting for taxis at the hotel.

I just used Uber this past week from the port to the airport. The cost for me was $8.97

I waited a couple of minutes after I ordered one for him to show up.

That's not a bad price. I could have the app ready and see where the nearest cars are compared to the terminal and then look at the taxi line.

I know my DW would rather jump in a taxi and go, than wait for the uber. She has this time is of the essence "thing" when it comes to time deadlines. I can't fault her, she gets it from here dad who has it way worse. She went to a wedding as a child with her family and her dad had them at the church before it was even open. Her version is no where as bad as his. I am never late, but she just has it bred into her.:p

I really appreciated the most up to date information and Yeses! I also called the port this morning and they too confirmed that Uber was allowed.

Clarea, Thank you for the Florida Departures thread, never thought to look there! I think we are on a thread together somewhere on one of my cruises.

I'm ubering, if that's a word on Saturday morning. I like the tracking method also.

Happy Cruising to you all and thank you for answering!

That's not a bad price. I could have the app ready and see where the nearest cars are compared to the terminal and then look at the taxi line.

I know my DW would rather jump in a taxi and go, than wait for the uber. She has this time is of the essence "thing" when it comes to time deadlines. I can't fault her, she gets it from here dad who has it way worse. She went to a wedding as a child with her family and her dad had them at the church before it was even open. Her version is no where as bad as his. I am never late, but she just has it bred into her.:p

But the truth is that departing via Uber will most likely be quicker than a taxi. The taxi line gets very long, so "jump in a taxi and go" doesn't usually happen. I haven't used Uber from the port, but I imagine there are many drivers in the vicinity waiting for a ping.

But the truth is that departing via Uber will most likely be quicker than a taxi. The taxi line gets very long, so "jump in a taxi and go" doesn't usually happen. I haven't used Uber from the port, but I imagine there are many drivers in the vicinity waiting for a ping.

You are most likely right but I think we are the exceptional circumstance.

We are usually off the ship at 8:15 with luggage valet and suite departure. From buzzing off the ship to clearing airport security at FLL we are typically 20 minutes. Since we are Canadian the US Customs agents wish us a safe trip home as we are in transit on our way home. I should add we have Nexus/Global Entery so the airport security line is always short for us as well. When we hit the taxi waiting area we put our carry on bag in the trunk and go. We haven't had to wait more than a few minutes for our taxi for our last few years of cruising.

Now being comfortable with uber if there was a long taxi line I would have the app opened quickly to see how long it might take to get my uber to FLL. It gives a great option, and way better than the group shuttle bus or worse yet the RC transfer.

I haven't had the opportunity to use über yet, but I thought one of the advantages was that they give you a price upfront, and it doesn't go up if you get stuck in traffic, (and the driver can't run the price up by taking a longer route). One trip from Oasis to FLL we needed two taxis for our group, and one of them took 10 minutes longer, and cost more.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Uber from hotel to port recently. We are a family of 5 with 5 suitcases. Requested UberXL and while it was tight, the driver got us in and was super friendly and helpful. We paid $35 bc our hotel was further up the beach and not right near the airport/port area.

Upon returning last Saturday, we chose to take a mini-van taxi to the airport bc they were there and waiting. The pickup area was quite crowded and figured it would be easier to take the cab. That was $12

Just remember to tip your Uber and Lyft drivers. They put a lot of miles and wear and tear on their cars so that everyone can get such cheap rates on transportation.

The app adds gratuity and charges you automatically.

For Lyft you can add a tip in the App but Uber doesn't include a tip unless you specifically use Uber Taxi which is only available in very few markets like Chicago, NY, and SF. Most cities only have have UberX, UberXL, Uber Black, and Uber Select which do not include tipping.

I only bring it up because it is a great fallacy that tips are included when they really are not with Uber which is one of the big reasons there were lawsuits against them because they were lying to the public. Everyone on these boards always talk about about tipping their cruise staff, taxi drivers, shuttle drivers, luggage porters, and bartenders. I just wanted to remind everyone that there is another group of people out there that are usually overlooked who work hard for you.

Edited by Cinebrat
Added extra paragraph