Sunshine question

We were in a balcony room (6143) and there was a small empty fridge (no minibar).

It seemed like an awkward add-in, as it stuck out a bit and the electrical cord was draped across the front of it and stretched over the front of the desk/counter, where it was plugged in. Almost seemed like it was temporarily put there from the previous sailing.

Anyway, we're glad we had it, and wondered if everyone else did.

Just found this on the website. Last sentence shows which decks on sunshine have it and which ones don't. I guess I should have researched this prior to booking. Oh well...lesson learned.

bfd9969a0f4e6e325024857c9b9fecea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just sailed the Sunshine less than a month ago and there was an unstocked mini-fridge in our aft cabin on deck 6.

Really? I'm hoping we have one. We do use the fridge when it's in the cabin. I was going to buy the case of water, but without a fridge to put it in I didn't see the point.

In May we had a cabin on deck 6, had the mini-fridge with the power cord going over the desk/counter. She had just came out of drydock and we "assumed" it was put in during that time. Hopefully at some point a hole will be drilled and the cord run in the back... but it worked, was unstocked and we used it. I had ice delivered every day in one of the white buckets and found that it fit in the bottom, kept the ice longer and made the fridge much colder!

Maybe this will help. Click on your deck and look for your cabin number. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/category/c/300/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY3NzI4NzUxL3NpZC9FeE5zNE1VbQ%3D%3D

The cabin we had (6184) and cabin 6226 (JenTX4NYC just posted) show not having a fridge.... both did.

Not sure this has been updated since the May drydock.....

The cabin we had (6184) and cabin 6226 (JenTX4NYC just posted) show not having a fridge.... both did.

Not sure this has been updated since the May drydock.....

Agree, I had looked at that before sailing, so I was completely shocked to see the fridge! It was very useful for storing white wine!

Just out of curiosity, for the folks like us, who were on deck 6 with an unstocked mini fridge, did you pre-order a case of Carnival water or are did you receive those 1 liter bottles of VIFP water?

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just out of curiosity, for the folks like us, who were on deck 6 with an unstocked mini fridge, did you pre-order a case of Carnival water or are did you receive those 1 liter bottles of VIFP water?

We did pre-order water.

We ordered liquor/beer/water and I did the birthday decorations for my wife... and got water for both of us for being Plat.

Doubt it had anything to do with it. There is a "new" 240 plug just for the fridge, even though the drydock was supposed to be mostly engine/below cruisers decks, it looks like, at least on deck 6, that some balcony cabins (maybe all?) got the "new" fridges. Maybe everywhere???

Really? I'm hoping we have one. We do use the fridge when it's in the cabin. I was going to buy the case of water, but without a fridge to put it in I didn't see the point.

Bring a collapsible cooler in your luggage, ask, and tip, your room steward to keep it stocked with ice for your water bottles. We sailed Sunshine September 2015, aft extended cabin deck 9 I think. Our steward kept ours well stocked.

you can request one, especially if you have a reason for needing one. My sister asked for one and said she needed it for milk for her 18 month old. Her cabin wasn't supposed to have one but they had one available and provided it to her.

you can request one, especially if you have a reason for needing one. My sister asked for one and said she needed it for milk for her 18 month old. Her cabin wasn't supposed to have one but they had one available and provided it to her.

Did she requested the fridge ahead of time (e-mailing, etc) or she asked after boarding?

I will need a fridge to keep my medicine so it would be helpful if I can request one.

Thank you.

Edited by Aldeya

Did she requested the fridge ahead of time (e-mailing, etc) or she asked after boarding?

I will need a fridge to keep my medicine so it would be helpful if I can request one.

Thank you.

I called they said they have medical coolers for your medicines and it requires a $70 deposit to get one if you are on a floor that does not have a fridge.

Thank you.

And you request it when you board from guest services.