"Best of Jamaica" - RCI Excursion *Warning*

Panda3

My hubby and I visited Jamaica for the first time. At the suggestion of the excursion desk we booked "Best of Jamaica" for $119. That included a visit to Dunns River falls, a cruise, a beach and a lunch.

No one on the tour seemed to know which order this was going to happen.

The port was falmouth and we waited an hour to get into our bus for some unknown reason. ummm not a great start.

We took the bus trip to dunns river falls. it was very early, looked like we were the first bus of the day...nope..our tour guide had us line up and in the meantime several more busses came. We were now the 4th in line for the falls. okay...that took about two hours there. Dunns river falls was terrific but terribly unorganized, we were there too long and when you leave you have to go through a gauntlet of pushy vendors

We then went to a hotel on the beach for our lunch. We were told the beach and lunch was just 30 minutes..wha???

Then we got into a boat and had rum punch and just drover around. The tour guides said nothing. I could see we passed the Sandals resorts.

Again, what a lame tour called "best of jamaica"

That stinks! I hope you shared this information w/Royal. We have enjoyed both visits to Jamaica and look forward to visiting again next year. I feel obligated to tell you that we after much research booked our own tour.

• 2 months later...
My hubby and I visited Jamaica for the first time. At the suggestion of the excursion desk we booked "Best of Jamaica" for $119. That included a visit to Dunns River falls, a cruise, a beach and a lunch.

No one on the tour seemed to know which order this was going to happen.

The port was falmouth and we waited an hour to get into our bus for some unknown reason. ummm not a great start.

We took the bus trip to dunns river falls. it was very early, looked like we were the first bus of the day...nope..our tour guide had us line up and in the meantime several more busses came. We were now the 4th in line for the falls. okay...that took about two hours there. Dunns river falls was terrific but terribly unorganized, we were there too long and when you leave you have to go through a gauntlet of pushy vendors

We then went to a hotel on the beach for our lunch. We were told the beach and lunch was just 30 minutes..wha???

Then we got into a boat and had rum punch and just drover around. The tour guides said nothing. I could see we passed the Sandals resorts.

Again, what a lame tour called "best of jamaica"

We took the same tour "Best of Jamaica" on another date and it was really good! We enjoyed the falls. We were the first ones up there. The beach was very nice. The lunch was excellent and the cruise was very relaxing. We were on the beach for half the day. So to us it was a great tour! Sorry it didn't work for you.