How to make the best of it.

sadiecat

I'm glad I came across this post. I am considering taking a cruise on Ecstasy next spring as part of a "educational" ;) cruise for a number of hours of required credit.

I like that I can drive down to Charleston the day of so no eight hour drive and no hotel stay and to get back home before dark when we get back to port. I'm also curious to see Freeport, I haven't been there since 1980. I took my first Princess cruise last year and did not get to visit the private island, I've heard great things about it so that is also something new.

It should be an interesting cruise, also it will be my first cruise with someone other than my DH or my sister.

My main concern is the age and size of the ship. Since it will be all new to me, perhaps it won't be bad. The cabins are really small, they look to be as small or smaller than Majesty and Sovereign of the Seas.

So,waiting to hear back from my cruising buddy, if she is still on board, I will be adding a third cruiseline to my signature line.

That is exactly how we pick the cruises we go on. But unfortunately I think if your husband goes on with a negative attitude he will find things wrong with the ship. My first cruise was on the Elation. I was worried about it but had an awesome time. I think people often write negative things because they were expecting an experience that you would receive on a new ship. Read the positive reviews. Have an open mind. But, it is hard for me to have a bad time on vacation.

Edited by sprint180

I did the Valor July 3-8 and the Ecstasy July 14-18. I loved the Valor--BUT, I was shocked at how much I preferred the Ecstasy!

I've sailed Fascination several times, Legend once, Fantasy once, and now the Valor and Ecstasy.

My favorite 2 ships have been Ecstasy and Fascination--both Fantasy class ships.

The crew on the Ecstasy surpassed the crew on the Valor. I asked several crew members, and the ones I spoke to all said they prefer to sail on the smaller ships.

Well, I have learned that I prefer the smaller ships, as well.

My very first Carnival cruise was on the Ecstasy. And that was about a year after their major fire on board, in the laundry facilities, off the coast of Miami. Nice ship and a memorable one since it was the first Carnival cruise. A cruise is what you make of it. Me, I am a very laid back person and leave the worldly problems back on shore and just enjoy. Have a great cruise.

Yep, this. Your not working, your on the deep blue sea! Enjoy it.