Status Match Questions

mafig

Is it preferable to do the Status Match before booking a cruise?

Do both DH and I have to apply? I'm asking because I have DH's card, can't find mine.

Anyone know what "Select" on Celebrity 241 points would get us?

If we do book MSC it will be for Yacht Club, if our matching status would only get us what we'd get anyway with YC, I won't bother.

Is it preferable to do the Status Match before booking a cruise?

Do both DH and I have to apply? I'm asking because I have DH's card, can't find mine.

Anyone know what "Select" on Celebrity 241 points would get us?

If we do book MSC it will be for Yacht Club, if our matching status would only get us what we'd get anyway with YC, I won't bother.

Before Mafig so you can take advantage of the 5% discount. Only one of you needs to apply as the 5% applies to the stateroom booked. However,,,if you both want to accrue points for nights sailed,,than you both should apply for the status match.

We applied after we booked (several months later, website problems...) and they applied the 5% discount. However we then realized they offer a 10% military discount, so we took that instead, which they applied of course after we booked. They don't allow multiple discounts.

I don't know what would happen if you booked through a TA w/o having the status match and then the status match came through later.

Your TA would have to contact MSC and submit your Voyager Club membership number. So long as your booking isn't totally paid off,,the discount will be able to be applied,,,

I don't know what would happen if you booked through a TA w/o having the status match and then the status match came through later.

We booked through a Travel Agent; at the time of booking we didn't even have a voyager club membership number.

Your TA would have to contact MSC and submit your Voyager Club membership number. So long as your booking isn't totally paid off,,the discount will be able to be applied,,,

Exactly.

They gave us their Black for our Diamond on Royal Caribbean.

The great part was that we had already booked a cruise for earlier this year through an internet TA.

We had been given a 5% discount.

Turns out that cruise date was one of their ' special dates' for 2016 and because we now had a black card....they increased the discount to 20 % !

This discount cuts into the TA's commission doesn't it?

If so, I'd rather get it done ahead of time.

I don't want to hear my TA whine "looks like I'm not going to make any money on this cruise."

This discount cuts into the TA's commission doesn't it?

If so, I'd rather get it done ahead of time.

I don't want to hear my TA whine "looks like I'm not going to make any money on this cruise."

No it does not,,,my TA makes the same commission with or without the discount Mafig,,:)

Unless I am completely in the dark on how MSC is commissioning, I am unaware of ANY travel arrangements (cruise or land) where commission isn't based on percentage cost of trip.

I would bet the farm your agent is making a percentage of your booking, meaning they will lose roughly 10% of commission if you discount the trip 10%.

Of course, MSC does things entirely different than the US travel industry, so I could be wrong. I'll put in a mail to some of my friends in the business to double-check.

Shippy: a 20% discount would be worth looking into! I never did any status matches because MSC gives an automatic 10% to anyone working in the civil industry so that was always a better discount. 20% I could get excited for.

I filled out the form. How long does it "usually" take to hear back?

I heard back within a couple of days (and that was over a weekend bank holiday here in the UK). US team may be different, though, I'm not sure.

I filled out the form. How long does it "usually" take to hear back?

took us 3 hours. You filled out the form twice????? Fill 1st form out, then scroll all the way down to see the form you filled out was a waste as you need to click a link to another page with a form that is correct

took us 3 hours. You filled out the form twice????? Fill 1st form out, then scroll all the way down to see the form you filled out was a waste as you need to click a link to another page with a form that is correct

Huh?

Filled out the form once. Then got a thank you, etc., we'll look this over and get back to you reply, or something like that.

Huh?

Filled out the form once. Then got a thank you, etc., we'll look this over and get back to you reply, or something like that.

Thats correct. A thank you, but it is wrong. Fill it out again, submit, get your thank you, then scroll down and you will see the "click this link" which brings you to another page to fill out. This is the correct one

Thats correct. A thank you, but it is wrong. Fill it out again, submit, get your thank you, then scroll down and you will see the "click this link" which brings you to another page to fill out. This is the correct one

This is exactly what happened to me. I got the "thank you"....thought that was it. After 3 weeks of no status match, I called and MSC told me what to do. Tried again, doing exactly what you are stating and BOOM, had the status match the same day.

I should be Platinum on Carnival before taking my Meraviglia cruise...will that get me the Black status? I already got 5% discount...are there any other perks that make it worth it to apply before I sail? Should get the platinum status before my PIF date.

I should be Platinum on Carnival before taking my Meraviglia cruise...will that get me the Black status? I already got 5% discount...are there any other perks that make it worth it to apply before I sail? Should get the platinum status before my PIF date.

A chocolate ship!!!! Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!:eek::D All joking aside,,I would Love2,,,why not take advantage of your Black Level status!!!

Edited by Mikesa1721