Celebrity Wi-fi

anteloat

Is there any benefit to purchasing an internet plan before your cruise leaves? From what I have read, it seems that there might actually be better deals if you buy onboard (e.g., buy a plan for one device and get the second half off). As of right now, I can buy an unlimited package for one person for $179. That doesn't seem like a great deal at all. I am sailing on the Solstice at the end of July, if that makes any difference.

On our recent cruise of Italy and the Dalmation Coast (12 night cruise), they offered a $199 unlimited internet price before we sailed. We called Celebrity and they said this would also be the on board price. So, we waited until on board to get it. Unfortunately, this wasn't true. We had free internet minutes with our Captain's Club status, but our friends did not. They would simply not honor the price, even though they knew it was sold for $199 prior to the cruise and they didn't dispute that we were given incorrect information. So, if they have a "sale" and you don't have OBC, you might want to get it ahead of time.

The major advantage to waiting is that once on the ship you can use any On-Board Credit for the purchase. If you book in advance you pay at the point of purchase and can not use an on-board credit.

Jim

Does anyone know if we can still get a Captain's Club discount on internet packages? In the past we got 10% as Classic, 20% as select.

We are Elite and could have traded in our 90 complimentary minutes for 30% off of the unlimited internet package. I assume that Select and Classic also still get discounts.