Another "new to MSC" thread...

lor74

Hello

I unfortunately had to cancel my upcoming Oct. cruise on NCL, and am now looking for something different in Sept. I have a few questions in regards to MSC and the Divina:

Looking for the best rate, is it recommended to go through a TA or to call MSC direct?

The Bella vs Fantastica, is it recommended to choose one over the other, and if going with Fantastica, how much more is it worth paying? I am looking at an inside or oceanview cabin.

I filled out the status match form today. How long should I expect to wait for a response back?

Can someone login and tell me if the Sept 3rd sailing applies for more than a 5% discount?

Can you carry on wine or anything other liquids during boarding?

What are the specialty restaurants? Are they a la cart or is there a cover charge? I saw a picture of a steakhouse? that didn't look very inviting with see through chairs and very basic tables...is this really a "steakhouse"?

Thanks in advance.... [emoji3]

According to MIke, Divina is scheduled for drydock Sept 17th. I never recommend sailing a few weeks before (where they are ridding supplies) or a few weeks after a dry dock. That is the first thing I would recommend considering.

100% agree

Hello

I unfortunately had to cancel my upcoming Oct. cruise on NCL, and am now looking for something different in Sept. I have a few questions in regards to MSC and the Divina:

Looking for the best rate, is it recommended to go through a TA or to call MSC direct?

The Bella vs Fantastica, is it recommended to choose one over the other, and if going with Fantastica, how much more is it worth paying? I am looking at an inside or oceanview cabin.

I filled out the status match form today. How long should I expect to wait for a response back?

Can someone login and tell me if the Sept 3rd sailing applies for more than a 5% discount?

Can you carry on wine or anything other liquids during boarding?

What are the specialty restaurants? Are they a la cart or is there a cover charge? I saw a picture of a steakhouse? that didn't look very inviting with see through chairs and very basic tables...is this really a "steakhouse"?

Thanks in advance.... [emoji3]

You will get a better rate with a TA. 5%. No wine etc. when boarding. You are right the steak house is not very inviting and it's a la carte.