Transportation Options Fort Lauderdale Airport FLL to the Port of Miami

danstr1

Looking forward to cruising soon (not soon enough) aboard the NCL Escape on 9-3. My flight is scheduled to arrive at FLL airport at 9:43 AM. The Escape leaves from the Port of Miami later that day. I'm trying to figure out the best transportation options that will get me to the port ASAP economically. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest option but not looking to spend hundreds of dollars either. Has anyone taken a cab from FLL to the Port of Miami and have any ideas of the associated costs? There are only two of us so I don't need anything big and huge. A standard cab will do. I know there are a various transportation services that offer van services but I fear they may have several stops that would impact the amount of time to arrive to the port (haven't ruled it out as an option though). No sitting in a van all day while teh UBP sits underutilized! I did some searching on the matter that rendered some rather old posts. Any feedback or recommendations are greatly appreciated :-)

I kept seeing Jiffy Jeff mentioned on here. I emailed yesterday about next May. Within an hour he responded. For a family of 4 I was quoted $60 if before 3pm from FLL to POM. I emailed a response and said I'd finalize once SW released my dates. Once again very quickly he replied a thanks. I plan on using him unless we fly into MCO like last cruise and drive down.

I kept seeing Jiffy Jeff mentioned on here. I emailed yesterday about next May. Within an hour he responded. For a family of 4 I was quoted $60 if before 3pm from FLL to POM. I emailed a response and said I'd finalize once SW released my dates. Once again very quickly he replied a thanks. I plan on using him unless we fly into MCO like last cruise and drive down.

Wow! Is that with or without others being picked up?

My only fear is Uber/Lyft may be very busy on a Saturday morning which is a popular travel and port day. I just wish there was a means to book them in advance. Guess it's worth taking the chance. Worst case, I pay $80 for a cab.

My only fear is Uber/Lyft may be very busy on a Saturday morning which is a popular travel and port day.

Then there will be more drivers available. I've never had any problem with Uber to or from PortMiami, MIA or FLL.

Then there will be more drivers available. I've never had any problem with Uber to or from PortMiami, MIA or FLL.

Good to know! Does the price estimate of $35/$40 coincide with your experiences?

My only fear is Uber/Lyft may be very busy on a Saturday morning which is a popular travel and port day. I just wish there was a means to book them in advance. Guess it's worth taking the chance. Worst case, I pay $80 for a cab.

There is absolutely no need to take a cab to Miami. If Uber/Lyft does not work out, there are various shuttle services for $15 pp as mentioned by others. When you book a shuttle to POM, everyone in the vehicle will be going to the port. Same for the return trip, ship to POM. There is also the airports shuttle service GoAirport Shuttle. No advance reservation required, although you can. The desk is right in the middle of the luggage carousels. We booked a private one in advance with GO for @ $20 pp. All we had to do after we had our luggage was walk straight out to the curb, show our confirmation, and we were on our way in less than 5 min. Used them on return to FLL as well.