No Response from Chef's Table Requset

MistyRo76

We've never done the Chef's Table and are dying to try it when we go on the Vista in November, 2017. I sent a request to the Event Planning email address on May 23rd with our party's information. I got the automatic email reply stating that "For Chef's Table Requests: Our shipboard staff will contact you directly to advise if your request can be accommodated."

A few days later I found on this site an email address that goes directly to the Vista Steakhouse Manager and that they would handle the Chef's Table requests. So I forwarded my initial email to that address on May 27th. No response.

I followed up a third time on June 13th - with STILL no response as of today.

Is this typical? Is it just because our sailing is still 16 months out? Can anyone tell me when they typically open up the Chef's table reservations. I know space is very limited which is why I sent the request in so early. If it is already sold out, would someone email back saying that the request could not be accommodated. It's frustrating to get NOTHING back.

Any suggestions or feedback would be welcome!

Thank you,

Misty

We've never done the Chef's Table and are dying to try it when we go on the Vista in November, 2017. I sent a request to the Event Planning email address on May 23rd with our party's information. I got the automatic email reply stating that "For Chef's Table Requests: Our shipboard staff will contact you directly to advise if your request can be accommodated."

A few days later I found on this site an email address that goes directly to the Vista Steakhouse Manager and that they would handle the Chef's Table requests. So I forwarded my initial email to that address on May 27th. No response.

Is this typical? Is it just because our sailing is still 16 months out? Can anyone tell me when they typically open up the Chef's table reservations. I know space is very limited which is why I sent the request in so early. If it is already sold out, would someone email back saying that the request could not be accommodated. It's frustrating to get NOTHING back.

Thank you,

Misty

This is so far out I would not be concerned. I wouldn't be concerned if you didn't hear for another 6 months.

Thank you,

Misty

We are sailing on the Vista March 25th, 2017 and I sent my email request early May. Got the canned response that they would respond within 3 days. I waited a week and after no response, resent the request. Another canned response. I waiting until end of May and without a response, I sent my request again. This email thread was pretty long at this point. Still just the canned response. In July, I finally sent another email showing all my requests with no responses and stated that I was ready to raise my issue to a higher level. I finally got a response from the Events Director and within 5 days got my reservation. That was on Tuesday, July 5. It took two months to get this settled. Since the Vista is brand new and since the seating is limited, like you, I wanted to request in advance. It was a very frustrating experience.

We are sailing on the Vista March 25th, 2017 and I sent my email request early May. Got the canned response that they would respond within 3 days. I waited a week and after no response, resent the request. Another canned response. I waiting until end of May and without a response, I sent my request again. This email thread was pretty long at this point. Still just the canned response. In July, I finally sent another email showing all my requests with no responses and stated that I was ready to raise my issue to a higher level. I finally got a response from the Events Director and within 5 days got my reservation. That was on Tuesday, July 5. It took two months to get this settled. Since the Vista is brand new and since the seating is limited, like you, I wanted to request in advance. It was a very frustrating experience.

Thank you for your response. Sorry that you had to deal with that as well! But it is comforting to know that it's not just me and that the lack of response doesn't necessarily mean that the Chef's Table is full for my sailing already. Were you using the EventPlanning email address or the Vista Steakhouse Manager address? Do you have an email address for the Events Director?

Misty

We are cruising in October 2016. The Chefs Table was actually an opton on our cruise manager. I clicked on it and requested it. The next day i received an email confirming my reservation. I did this just the other day.

Maybe check you cruise manager page, I think it was under the Cheers options or maybe activities?

Good Luck, it;s totally awesome!!