help - uk free drinks - where/ can I see it on booking

I gave the free select drinks package for my up and coming cruise. I booked with an agency and it is mentioned on their invoice as a footnote - promo free drinks pack. However,it is not on any RCL online stuff - Is that normal, I don't want to have any issues when we get to the ship.

Thanks for any in sight

Its a crazy website ! In fact in red along the top it says " some of your package will not appear here " or something like that! Even they acknowledge the website is not fit for purpose !

Anyway rant over - ive got two UK RCCL cruises booked - both Select were included for free. They only appear on my invoice from RCCL - saying " select package " with price, then " select saving " with same amount minus. Exactly same on both cruise invoices. I would like to see it on my booking tho but alas !

As you went via an agent - maybe call and check its all there as Bob says ? :)

Edited by densol

I gave the free select drinks package for my up and coming cruise. I booked with an agency and it is mentioned on their invoice as a footnote - promo free drinks pack. However,it is not on any RCL online stuff - Is that normal, I don't want to have any issues when we get to the ship.

Thanks for any in sight

It won't show on the RCI Online Website (which is ridiculous in the 21st Century)

It will show on the RCI Invoice with something like "select package" and then "select savings"

Thanks for any in sight

I would make very sure you have paperwork for the included Select Drinks' Package. From travel agent and Royal Caribbean.

When we boarded Liberty of Seas in May, there was no record of this on our booking. We were asked to sign for another, on the first day to ensure we accessed the package and were told Guest Services would sort it out.

This did not happen and three days into cruise our folio was showing a charge for two Select Drinks' Packages of nearly $700.

First trip to Guest Services proved fruitless. We even had the paperwork saying it was included, but the Guest Services clerk seemed unable to recognise this.

Second trip, we were eventually offered a complimentary phone call to our travel agent....in the lobby. Unfortunately due to the time difference, we were not able to do this till next morning (port day).

Third visit to Guest Services made call to GB travel agent...they needed to speak to consolidator they had booked through and promised to get back to us. They got back about three hours later . Agreed package should have been included and said they would contact Royal Caribbean.

In the meantime, we spoke to Crown and Anchor Loyalty Ambassador who promised to look into situation and attempt to sort it out. She did so, and eventually rang us on cabin phone to explain it would be sorted and she would ensure the same didn't happen on B2B cruise. Thanks Ana!

So...it was all a series of 'non issues' and was eventually sorted; but...we had a sleepless night and suffered the indignity of making a ship to shore phone call in public, wasted half a day port waiting for return call from travel agent.

In order not to endure the embarrassment we went through, please chase up your paperwork and at the first sign of a problem, go immediately to the manager of Guest Services desk.

The drinks package wasn't showing on our invoice on a past trip, and I called Royal Caribbean and asked them to amend the invoice. We were also due inclusive gratuities but they weren't showing either. They emailed me a new invoice showing both the drinks package and gratuities as pre paid.

As others have said, get it amended before you go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On my confirmation invoice it says prembevwgrat and another one says on board service charge. Both have been added on and then the price taken off as they were included in the deal when we booked.

On my confirmation invoice it says prembevwgrat and another one says on board service charge. Both have been added on and then the price taken off as they were included in the deal when we booked.

Hi.I see you are from Birmingham.I am to.

Not sure about UK policies, but I'd ask the agent for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. You may find it there.

Hi I know you helped direct me when we had problems the last time do you know if the crown and anchor team would help here by getting something to us that would prove we have the drinks package - After our last RCL cruise fiasco I really do not want to be facing any issues on this cruise.

Thanks

Hi I know you helped direct me when we had problems the last time do you know if the crown and anchor team would help here by getting something to us that would prove we have the drinks package - After our last RCL cruise fiasco I really do not want to be facing any issues on this cruise.

Thanks

If your booking is held by a travel agent, I don't think C&A will help much with booking details. However, if you have booked directly with Royal, C&A should be able to help.

If your booking is held by a travel agent, I don't think C&A will help much with booking details. However, if you have booked directly with Royal, C&A should be able to help.

I booked with an agent as I never wanted to book direct with them and have to deal with their call center again - Thought the agent would make this time round easier :D. I will just have to go with what I have - the agents invoice that says includes promo of free select package and hope for the best.:eek::eek:

I booked with an agent as I never wanted to book direct with them and have to deal with their call center again - Thought the agent would make this time round easier :D. I will just have to go with what I have - the agents invoice that says includes promo of free select package and hope for the best.:eek::eek:

Won't the agent give you a copy of Royal's invoice? They should be able to give you the Guest Copy.

I would always say ring Royal and ask for an emailed copy of the invoice. It will show your included perks albeit with some gibberish code that would need the enigma machine to decipher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Won't the agent give you a copy of Royal's invoice? They should be able to give you the Guest Copy.

They have said it is not on that copy either. they did phone royal putting me on hold, and in that call Royal confirmed that it is on my booking but all I have is an update footnote of that call on my invoice:(.

I then asked my agent to email Royal and ask for something more they have cc'd me in the email - but as yet no response from royal (not surprised after last year and how hard I had to work to get any updates from them). 2nd time sailing with Royal and I seem to be hitting issues again.

What was that saying about lightning and same place.

They have said it is not on that copy either. they did phone royal putting me on hold, and in that call Royal confirmed that it is on my booking but all I have is an update footnote of that call on my invoice:(.....

Odd that Royal's invoice does not show it while others have noted it on their Royal invoice. I'd ask the agent once more for Royal's invoice, it's a good thing to have in any case.

Odd that Royal's invoice does not show it while others have noted it on their Royal invoice. I'd ask the agent once more for Royal's invoice, it's a good thing to have in any case.

I found someone who would help me - The OB credit guy as I phoned to buy more $ at the $1.43rate :). He could see what I needed and has sent it by email to my agent - I will now phone the agent yet again tomorrow and request it (she will be baffled by how she got it lol). He could not send it directly to me as I booked via an agent. But he is the first helpful and useful person I have found in RCL UK booking process- big thumbs up and thank you to him. I can finally relax and start the trip planning now.

Thanks to all who helped on here and headed me in the guest receipt/ invoice direction

I found someone who would help me - The OB credit guy as I phoned to buy more $ at the $1.43rate :). He could see what I needed and has sent it by email to my agent - I will now phone the agent yet again tomorrow and request it (she will be baffled by how she got it lol). He could not send it directly to me as I booked via an agent. But he is the first helpful and useful person I have found in RCL UK booking process- big thumbs up and thank you to him. I can finally relax and start the trip planning now.

Thanks to all who helped on here and headed me in the guest receipt/ invoice direction

Glad it worked out. Please report back when you receive the forwarded email. I'm curious how the line item is coded that refers to the free drink package.

Glad to hear you have received the paperwork.

Just a heads up...we had our paperwork, but information had not been imputed onto ship's system..hence we had the problem.

Don't fuss about like we did..if there is an issue, go straight to the top !

Bon voyage.

the invoice I have been sent looks like

GBP Guest #1 Guest #2 Guest #3 Guest #4 Total

Cruise Fare 884.00 445.00 0.00 0.00 1329.00

AllInc & BOGOHO -85.0 0.00 0.00 -85.0

On Board Service 75.19 75.19 0.00 0.00 150.38

YGH1-SELECT BEV 250.00 250.00 0.00 0.00 500.00

YGJ1-BEV SAVINGS - 250.00 -250.00 0.00 0.00 -500.00

Taxes, fees, and port expenses 64.00 64.00 0.00 0.00 128.00

Total Charge 1023.19 499.19 0.00 0.00 1522.38

Promotions Applied

AllInc & BOGOHO

Sorry it has lost some formatting

Edited by fragilek

Glad to hear you have received the paperwork.

Just a heads up...we had our paperwork, but information had not been imputed onto ship's system..hence we had the problem.

Don't fuss about like we did..if there is an issue, go straight to the top !

Bon voyage.

If you read my posts about the issues we had on our last cruise you will see I learned that lesson but unfortunately not until day 3 and I was demented:D. From now on its the top lol

the invoice I have been sent looks like

GBP Guest #1 Guest #2 Guest #3 Guest #4 Total

Cruise Fare 884.00 445.00 0.00 0.00 1329.00

AllInc & BOGOHO -85.0 0.00 0.00 -85.0

On Board Service 75.19 75.19 0.00 0.00 150.38

YGH1-SELECT BEV 250.00 250.00 0.00 0.00 500.00

YGJ1-BEV SAVINGS - 250.00 -250.00 0.00 0.00 -500.00

Taxes, fees, and port expenses 64.00 64.00 0.00 0.00 128.00

Total Charge 1023.19 499.19 0.00 0.00 1522.38

Promotions Applied

AllInc & BOGOHO

Sorry it has lost some formatting

Thanks, I see the relevant codes are YGH1 and YGJ1.