UK cruisers on a Celebrity cruise soon - think about buying some onboard credit

Im a bit confused by the amenity receipt they have sent today.. I ordered 3 lots of 9 (27) but my bill shows two lots which are individually listed yet the total (in the received column) is correct for 3 lots... :confused:

Edited by ighten

Understood, but the transaction was in sterling on the payment screen. Other amenities I try to purchase if I log into my booking are very clearly marked as as $ purchases. But the transaction I did was via the UK website using the link highlighted in this thread, where I selected gifts to purchase, was asked to enter booking details and then forwarded to payment page for a sterling transaction. Had it been in $ I wouldn't have proceeded. I'd usually book the cruise in the UK but on this occasion it was less than 50% less to book from the USA. I will pursue a refund.

The same thing has happened to me. I would understand if I had been quoted in $ but the screen I checked out in was in sterling. My email from celebrity now shows the purchase in US$. Very confusing- should be more explicit online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im a bit confused by the amenity receipt they have sent today.. I ordered 3 lots of 9 (27) but my bill shows two lots which are individually listed yet the total (in the received column) is correct for 3 lots... :confused:

See post 19.

As mentioned, we bought 2 lots, but we're only credited with the first group of 9, until I contacted Miami.

See post 19.

As mentioned, we bought 2 lots, but we're only credited with the first group of 9, until I contacted Miami.

Yeah I'll give them a ring tomorrow.. The silly thing is they have charged for 3 lots though on the receipt but only show 2

I had the same issue - ordered 8 lots and only two on the confirmation although the full coast was shown. I checked carefully because of upwarduk's experience [thanks upwarduk] and, because I realised that it was not a huge issue to rectify, just sent off an email to the UK Captain's Club.

I suggest you do the same.

I had the same issue - ordered 8 lots and only two on the confirmation although the full coast was shown. I checked carefully because of upwarduk's experience [thanks upwarduk] and, because I realised that it was not a huge issue to rectify, just sent off an email to the UK Captain's Club.

I suggest you do the same.

Thanks Sue I'll do that

Not sure if this helps but I purchases 4 X$25 OBC and just had my credit card bill which shows the charge as £69.20 as per the invoice. However the charge was taken by Celebrity Cruises Paris France?? I have since purchased more at this $1.44 rate but they were purchased after my credit card shutoff date. Hope they are the same.

---- However the charge was taken by Celebrity Cruises Paris France??

Yes that is correct, also excursions are paid form the same ' accounts office.'

I also notice that my payment for our up and coming Azamara cruise, has been debited in the same manner.

• 1 month later...
As I posted earlier, if the cruise is booked in US$, the amenities, even gifts, are priced in US$. There have been many previous threads/posts complaining about this. I have no personal confirmation because we always book in sterling.

As an update to this, Celebrity have agreed to refund me the difference between what I was charged in $ and what I should have been charged in £. It's about £35. The fact my cruise was booked in USA doesn't seem to be an issue for them. They have conceded the sterling transaction should have been honoured.