Customer Service

Jeffrey1950

Is it my imagination or is it a waste of time contacting Customer Service after a cruise. I on two occasions have contacted that Department and must say was not impressed with the way things were handled.It is almost like some are actually arguing with you, These people should remember it is us the passenger that help pay their wages. Just for the record when I say my free bottle of water was not in the room that means it was not in the room.Please, do not tell me it was.Of course being a somewhat reasonable person I do have to admit maybe the " fairy" took it.

And when I have a balcony room , traveling solo, hence double fare I expect a fridge to be in the room. The list goes on and on I just love sitting with my foot in the shower.

Edited by Jeffrey1950

So let's see. You contacted customer service because a bottle of water was not in your cabin. That should have been handled while you were on the cruise. What did you expect customer service to do now?

And no fridge in your room. If the room does not come with a fridge, it doesn't come with one. If having a fridge was that important, that is something you should have looked into before the cruise was booked. But again, what did you want customer service to do?

Many of the cabins on the Fantasy Class and the Sunshine do not have in cabin fridges. On those ships we use our ice bucket to keep drinks cold.

Issues with your cabin should be addressed to your steward. Escalating to their supervisor/guest services if there's no satisfaction.

Not much can be done after your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it my imagination or is it a waste of time contacting Customer Service after a cruise. I on two occasions have contacted that Department and must say was not impressed with the way things were handled.It is almost like some are actually arguing with you, These people should remember it is us the passenger that help pay their wages. Just for the record when I say my free bottle of water was not in the room that means it was not in the room.Please, do not tell me it was.Of course being a somewhat reasonable person I do have to admit maybe the " fairy" took it.

And when I have a balcony room , traveling solo, hence double fare I expect a fridge to be in the room. The list goes on and on I just love sitting with my foot in the shower.

Please answer the following questions....what exactly did you want customer service to do about no water bottle?

Did you kindly ask your steward for a bottle?

As far as a fridge goes, what ship were you on, and why did you expect there to be one in the room? Had you requested this ahead of time, or asked if the ship you were on had them automatically in the rooms? Sounds to me like there really wasn't much customer service could have done for you, expect listen I suppose.

I think Jeffrey needs a different vacation plan. Looks like cruising is not his cup of tea. Bathrooms are small on cruise ships. Ask the steward for your water - he/she will bring it. Many ships don't have a cooler (can't really call it a refrigerator because it is not) - get over it or only book ships that have them - your responsibility to know what you are purchasing before you buy it. What could customer service back on land possibly do in any of these situations???

No you're not.

Excuse me but where in my posting did I say I contacted Cus. Svc. purely about the water that was a mere mention. I do not wish to come across as being rude but it seems to me that more often than not when a poster makes comments on the board there are always those that come out of the wood work and have to make snide remarks and try to pull the posting apart. Just for the record I contacted them for some other reasons ones that I do not feel I need to disclose. As for the fridge I was informed the last day all I need to do in future should that happen again is ask for one to be put in the room. Now I hope your day gets better for you............

I'm confused ? Usually these boards are for questions , if you don't want to tell us what happened , what did you post the comment for ? If it was just to vent , maybe say that in the intro , otherwise most people are trying to help with answers and suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please understand that stewards aren't omniscient. They can only do as asked.

People on CC aren't omniscient either. We only know the info as posted in your first post.

This requires the help of Carnac the Magnificent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_the_Magnificent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Excuse me but where in my posting did I say I contacted Cus. Svc. purely about the water that was a mere mention. I do not wish to come across as being rude but it seems to me that more often than not when a poster makes comments on the board there are always those that come out of the wood work and have to make snide remarks and try to pull the posting apart. Just for the record I contacted them for some other reasons ones that I do not feel I need to disclose. As for the fridge I was informed the last day all I need to do in future should that happen again is ask for one to be put in the room. Now I hope your day gets better for you............

Maybe people were just responding to your comments about no water and no refrigerator. I noticed no one responded to you just loving to sit with your foot in the shower. People can not read your mind through your post. You made no mention about other complaints, so they can only comment on what you posted. If you don't want to share your other reasons that is up to you, but without knowing what you are wanting customer service to handle there is no way we can tell you if it is a waste of time.

What is it none of you posters understand ???

Apparently we all don't understand what your original point really was, and why you're not really addressing the questions we later posed regarding your original complaints. Lastly, none of us understand how we all are expected to be mind readers if your actual complaints were more serious than what appears to be silly concerns that easily could have been rectified while you were ON the ship, or with a little bit of research before sailing.

Well, thank you at last someone who sounds a reasonable person. I really do not wish to go much further on this board but being as you have answered in a decent manner ( your good class shows ) I just wanted to hear if other passengers have experienced issues as well with the Customer Service. In no way did my posting warrant small petty remarks made by some that have responded. This tells me that they get a kick out of small mindedness, now I am not saying all the posters are this way but if all of the responders read over the responses tell me is this a way a grown adult should act.

Perhaps, what I should have said in the beginning is that the rep insisted there was a bottle of water in my room I sure would like to know how she knew this I feel like she practically told me I lied again, there was other issues. Clearly, the day of the customer being right no longer counts.Regardless, of what I say it gives no one the right to deliberately pull my posting apart. I am not the first person who has had this happened to them. I am am sorry that I have put such a longer winded reply but enough said. For some of the others may your next cruise be what you want it to be. Myself next trip Queen Mary...Have a wonderful, splendid day and for those of you who obviously having bad day...hope it gets better !!

Be nice !!

Do you not know how to use the quote button? More than once now you've responded and the response seems completely random. Who's comment are you feeling isn't being nice

Edited by Rh2458

I agree that the rep should not have said that it was in the cabin when they couldn't possibly know. Looking past that, what should the rep have said or done for better customer service? Would 'I'm Sorry' been enough? Besides 'I'm Sorry', there was not much more that could have been said about that.

and for the fridge situation, you should never expect anything. Always do your homework so you don't have similar surprises. (this doesn't sounds like it falls under bad customer service, just you not knowing)

Customer Service is hit and miss. The Rep shouldn't have challenged you but since you were just making a comment to the rep and not actually complaining, there wasn't much that could have been said (IMO)

I work for a company that at one time employed 57,000 employees...a very large corporation. Of course they own several businesses if our customer service treated a customer this way they would be in a lot of trouble.Maybe, that is why it is so annoying to me how I do my job does not mean some others have the same training. I always remember my Aunt telling me when she worked for a large department store the reps were told 75 % of the customers were right and it was up to the reps to let the other 25 % think they were right. But for a rep to be sitting behind her desk telling me it was in my room practically calling me a liar regardless of the other issues this I believe is what has annoyed me most. All, I know is this rep must have a unique gift if she could see inside my room from her desk. Anyway, this is going to my my last response. Again, thank you to those who were kind and for those of you who know no better shame on you !!

Hmmm, actually the only response to your post that I consider to be a bit rude/off-putting was in response to you being a reasonable person. Other than that people were only commenting on what you posted, wondering why you didn't contact your room steward about the missing water bottle and letting you know that some ships just do not have refrigerators/coolers in the rooms. Then later you said you contacted customer service about other matters, but you didn't elaborate so please tell me, how are we supposed to read your mind? I think when you (general you) post here a person needs to have a thicker skin and not let responses that you don't like get under your skin.

And I have no idea what you mean about sitting with your foot in the shower. Are you saying that the bathrooms on the cruise ships are small? Yes, they are small but I've never had to sit with my foot in the shower. And if the water bottle was missing I would have simply asked my room steward about it. We were on the Paradise last year and our room did not have a refrigerator. Yes, it was somewhat annoying but there was nothing to be done about it. We did fine without it and had a great cruise.