Escape, not Haven or Vibe

4Suzyq

Neither of those places are especially "fun". There are over 4000 passengers onboard the ship and only less than 10% will have access to either of those places so you'll definitely not be "left out" by being in the other 90%. :)

Edited by Demonyte
Math.

I don't see the appeal of Vibe, because from what I understand there is no water feature. I'm not into drinking in the baking sun, but YMMV of course.

You can hit up SpiceH20 and buy a thermal suite pass instead.

Edited by AdoraBelle

I don't see the appeal of Vibe, because from what I understand there is no water feature. I'm not into drinking in the baking sun, but YMMV of course.

There is a large hot tube in Vibe and a misting water feature. Similar hot tub and mister on the same deck outside of Vibe and a bar was there as well.

The thermal suite looked awesome and planning to try on next cruise.

Anywhere on a cruise can be fun; fun can be subjective. My reasons for Vibe being a must for me are probably different than most. I was in Vibe on the Escape in February and on the BA in 2013 -- for both I was traveling with my elderly mother who does not enjoy the water and is extremely shy. Vibe provided a club like atmosphere for me and provided an opportunity to meet fellow cruisers. It also enabled me to ensure DM was ready for the day, have lunch with her in Savor or Taste, etc without having to rush back to snag or not lose a lounge chair. I could also leave my stuff in Vibe, go to lunch or an activity and not have to carry it with me or worry about it, not having another person with me.

Enjoy your cruise, the Escape is a wonderful ship; booked it again for 2017. Check out the dailies posted by recent cruisers, Make reservations for your dinners, especially specialty dinners, and shows in advance or if not available using iConceirge when you board and then relax and enjoy!

I'm with you. Was on deck 19 looked over into vibe, and for me it's an overpriced sun deck. Only difference I saw in vibe and the area outside of vibe was the deck chairs. Why pay a lot of money for a cushioned chair.