med cruises April may 2017 - questions

fragilek

Hi I have never cruised with NCL before an I have been waiting for the release of the spirit for April and May 2017. They are not yet on the NCL UK web site but I asked while booking a holiday on the phone for my parents and they said they are now available to book on the phone but on the sailing we are looking at the balcony cabins are sold out.

Does this mean that the ship has been partly booked by a large group - I asked the sales rep but they couldn't tell me why all the balcony are gone before the sailing was even on their web. (looking at the 23rd April)

Thanks for any help on this

Edited by fragilek

Hi I have never cruised with NCL before an I have been waiting for the release of the spirit for April and May 2017. They are not yet on the NCL UK web site but I asked while booking a holiday on the phone for my parents and they said they are now available to book on the phone but on the sailing we are looking at the balcony cabins are sold out.

Does this mean that the ship has been partly booked by a large group - I asked the sales rep but they couldn't tell me why all the balcony are gone before the sailing was even on their web. (looking at the 23rd April)

Thanks for any help on this

If you are looking for the NCL Spirit April 23rd 2017 cruise from Venice to Barcelona, you are correct in saying that it looks like the balcony cabins are all sold out on the NCL website.

We booked that cruise along with another one starting on April 12th 2017 back in February 2016 and already had problems getting the same balcony cabin for both cruise segments .

Not sure if there was a large group booking, but these April 2017 cruises have been on the US NCL website for months.

I hope that you will be able to get a cabin for your desired cruise.

They were on the UK site too but disappeared for several months and just came back on a few days ago. Also where is the spirit cruises for end of may and june - they are still not on the web. Anyone know what is going on with those

The Spirit will be in extensive dry dock in 2017, according to the NCL.com website, under "Norwegian Edge".

On the phone the ncl rep told me she is in dry doc end of feb to early march - there is a gap in the sailings for sale to match that.

On the phone the ncl rep told me she is in dry doc end of feb to early march - there is a gap in the sailings for sale to match that.

The Spirit is doing the 14 Day Mediterranean from Barcelona 4-18 May 17.

The Spirit is doing the 10 Day Western Mediterranean from Rome (Civitavecchia) 18-28 May 17.

These itineraries are all showing on the US website

I am looking for after the 28 may, as I am not keen on the and of april without a balcony and then I cannot sail until the end of may due to exam timetable (I am a tutor :))

There are no itineraries shown for the Spirit between Jun and Dec 17.

NCL is still in the process of rearranging all of the itineraries on the Spirit for May 2017 to November 2017 to remove Turkey as a port of call. The May itineraries were recently finalized.

Our cruise in May 2017 on the Spirit was recently cancelled and we rebooked with their offered revised itinerary. The May cruises on the Spirit were just uploaded to the NCL website within the last week or so after they got everyone worked out who had cancelled cruises. So the June to November 2017 Spirit cruises will be available online as soon as they get those itineraries rearranged and finalized and handle the previously cancelled guests.

Here is a thread with prior discussion about it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50138007

Don't know why the April 23 sailing has all balconies sold out already. As mentioned in this thread it could possibly be because of a large group or maybe some of the people who were cancelled for May choose to rebook and cruise in April instead.

Good luck to everyone getting the cruises they want and the cabin selection they want!