Our experience with the AIBP on the Crown Princess

jean-lynd

I have seen a lot of questions about how the drink packages work so I thought I would share our experience.

1. If you had the AIBP you were given cans of soda and a glass with ice. If you had the soda package you were given a glass of soda. I'm guessing these were fountain sodas. I liked getting the cans because I could get an extra one whenever I wanted to keep in the fridge for times that I didn't want to go get one.

2. The wait staff always took our cards and ran them. The only time we had to sign for drinks was in the main dining room and that wasn't always the same. Sometimes we would sign once and sometimes we had to sign for every drink.

I hope this helps!

I have seen a lot of questions about how the drink packages work so I thought I would share our experience.

1. If you had the AIBP you were given cans of soda and a glass with ice. If you had the soda package you were given a glass of soda. I'm guessing these were fountain sodas. I liked getting the cans because I could get an extra one whenever I wanted to keep in the fridge for times that I didn't want to go get one.

2. The wait staff always took our cards and ran them. The only time we had to sign for drinks was in the main dining room and that wasn't always the same. Sometimes we would sign once and sometimes we had to sign for every drink.

I hope this helps!

1. Yes, AIBP includes cans of soda

2. That is really odd. Not atypical, but odd.

When we had the card you never signed at the bars you would sign in dining rooms and out on deck when being served. I think the reason for this is so they can track how many drinks you are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we had the card you never signed at the bars you would sign in dining rooms and out on deck when being served. I think the reason for this is so they can track how many drinks you are getting.

If memory serves we only signed for alcholic beverages - not for sodas, hot chocolate or coffee.

If memory serves we only signed for alcholic beverages - not for sodas, hot chocolate or coffee.

That makes more sense. With "soda and more" we never signed for anything (or had card swiped.) Just showed them the card.

On Celebrity, they swiped the card each time for anything.

That makes more sense. With "soda and more" we never signed for anything (or had card swiped.) Just showed them the card.

On Celebrity' date=' they swiped the card each time for anything.[/quote']

They swiped our cards for everything but we never had to sign for the nonalchoholic items.

The bars have registers so that can swipe the cards, the MDR doesn't.

I suspect it's more so they can track the overall drinks consumption, which would show them which products sell the most, so they can ensure adequate stocks.

With the "Sodas and More" You can get the product from a can if the bar does not have what you ask for on tap. I know root beer, grape soda, orange soda, cream soda, was always poured from a can. Sprite, Diet, Cola, Tonic, always comes from the wonder bar.

**Note** You will never get the whole can with S&M unless you stand there at the bar and chug-a-lug. Only the AIBP pax will get a whole can.

The bars have registers so that can swipe the cards, the MDR doesn't.

I suspect it's more so they can track the overall drinks consumption, which would show them which products sell the most, so they can ensure adequate stocks.

I suspect it is so that alcohol dispensed at a bar matches up with sales slips so that there is no alcohol "disappearing" from inventory.