Royal IQ and Texting on Oasis

Heading out on the Oasis on the 13th of August :) We have our whole family going along, and were looking for ways to keep in touch while on the cruise ship.

I was reading about the Royal IQ app that they have, and the ability to use it for calls/texts to others on board, along with using it for the daily compass and seeing your daily schedule.

I understand that if you want to use this app for calls/texts, that there is a fee for this. Does anyone know what this costs, and is it a one time fee, or a daily fee per person?

Heading out on the Oasis on the 13th of August :) We have our whole family going along, and were looking for ways to keep in touch while on the cruise ship.

I was reading about the Royal IQ app that they have, and the ability to use it for calls/texts to others on board, along with using it for the daily compass and seeing your daily schedule.

I understand that if you want to use this app for calls/texts, that there is a fee for this. Does anyone know what this costs, and is it a one time fee, or a daily fee per person?

Royal IQ app does not work on Oasis, unfortunately.

Is there anything that does work on Oasis for texting / calling? Besides bohbosbus signing up for the internet package. :-)

Also, I thought there was a way to get your schedule / compass on your phone, but not seeing that either.

Thanks!

No, the capabilities of the Royal IQ app have not been extended to Oasis yet.

We used Whatsapp on our sailing. Of course it requires wifi and the person you are calling/texting must have the App as well. We used it to communicate on the ship as well as to those back home.

Edited by Bigbluegal