Questions Anthem Rip Cord & Northstar

I've gone through some threads but have two questions.

Somewhere I read that Northstar goes "over" the water only on certain days. Can someone clarify?

I read that port days are the least crowded, but does it really matter which days if you have reservations {like the first sea day].? I was thinking before lunch.

Have reservations or Northstar but so far unable to do Rip Cord.

Thank you so much.

As long as you have reservations you will be ok. On the 9 day Anthem cruise the only "over the side" Northstar rides were on the last day when there were no reservations. The "over the side" ride does take 20 minutes, while the normal ride only takes about 10. While a great view and experience, 10 minutes was enough for me.

IFLY... Try to get reservations before you board. We had reservations for day 2, and it was a GREAT experience. Many people approached the desk while we were waiting trying to get reservations, but they were already booked for the week. If you can't get reservations before you board the ship, try going there immediately after boarding. They may have a few spots held back.

Good luck and have a great time!

Edited by Wildcatfish

Both of these were awesome! I made my reservations before boarding and was glad I did. Even though on my day Northstar did not go "over the side" - it was still a great experience. One lady that is afraid of heights closed her eyes the entire time though - it gets MUCH higher then you expect!

"over the side" north star will only be done whilst at sea. This is due to most/all ports not allowing it, due to health & safety reasons. I have only every seen it go over the side at sea out of 11 ports I went to.

North Star onky went over the sea on sea days where it wasn't too windy. I didn't do it but my son did it on standby about 4 times. He waited anywhere from walking right on to 40 minutes the last sea day. Ripcord was amazing. But you needed a reservation. When we were there two in my party decided not to go but I heard them still tell people no walk ups and the instructor commented on our small group

Have reservations or Northstar but so far unable to do Rip Cord.

Thank you for calling the ride by its proper name. iFly is the name of the company, Ripcord is the name of the ride.

If you don't get a reservation, try to go when others wouldn't to snag a standby ride (like on embarkation day when every goes to their cabin - 1PM).

North Star onky went over the sea on sea days where it wasn't too windy. I didn't do it but my son did it on standby about 4 times. He waited anywhere from walking right on to 40 minutes the last sea day. Ripcord was amazing. But you needed a reservation. When we were there two in my party decided not to go but I heard them still tell people no walk ups and the instructor commented on our small group

So they didn't allow walk ups to take the open spots?

North Star does not go over the side at all on the 5 day Bermuda cruise. We were told they only do the 10 minute "trip" so that they can accommodate as many people as possible. With so few days and so many passengers and most likely closed some of time due to wind, it's the only solution.