New Menus on the dawn

preppykate08

Hello, I've traveled to Bermuda on the dawn before but now since the dry dock I'm looking for pictures of the new menus.. Specifically the specialty resturant los Lobos cantina.. Wondering what exactly "ala cart" means when you have the UDP?

Thank you

Kate

We are watching for that too. Report from the first cruisers after dry-dock was that the new Los Lobos Cantina was to open on July 1st. Is it open?

Yes, it's open. We ate there on 7/7.

I'd post the menu, but not sure HOW to do that.

Edited by rchampagne

Maybe someone here can explain how to post the menu?

Meanwhile, can you tell us how the food was and approximate cost?

Also, is it included on the SDP (dining plan?)

Any information apprecaited:)

Maybe someone here can explain how to post the menu?

Meanwhile, can you tell us how the food was and approximate cost?

Also, is it included on the SDP (dining plan?)

Any information apprecaited:)

yes, it was included in the SDP.

Prices...

TO SHARE items - $5 - $6

APPETIZERS - $3 - $6

SALADS - $4

TACOS - $6 - $9

ENCHILADAS - $9

HOUSE SPECIALTIES - $9 - $18

SIDES - $2

Honestly, I didn't enjoy it. Service was SO slow. We had a 5:30 pm reservation, and I had hoped to see the 7 pm, show, but we were there until well after 7 pm. As for the food, I have to be honest in saying I'm not a big Mexican fan to begin with, and I have simple taste. I tried the Queso Fundido, but the cheese fondue wasn't baked long enough, and the cheese was a bit solid. I also had the chicken quesadilla, which was delicious. I wanted to try the tacos, too, but had trouble finding a simple ground beef taco. The choices were grilled mahi mahi, pork and pineapple, and peppers & corn. Where's the beef? I tried the peppers, but the taco shell was soft and soggy. My simple taste is used to hard and crunchy. oh... they also give you chips and salsa when you sit down, and I will say those were pretty good. Maybe some will like it, but it wasn't for me.

yes, it was included in the SDP.

Prices...

TO SHARE items - $5 - $6

APPETIZERS - $3 - $6

SALADS - $4

TACOS - $6 - $9

ENCHILADAS - $9

HOUSE SPECIALTIES - $9 - $18

SIDES - $2

Honestly, I didn't enjoy it. Service was SO slow. We had a 5:30 pm reservation, and I had hoped to see the 7 pm, show, but we were there until well after 7 pm. As for the food, I have to be honest in saying I'm not a big Mexican fan to begin with, and I have simple taste. I tried the Queso Fundido, but the cheese fondue wasn't baked long enough, and the cheese was a bit solid. I also had the chicken quesadilla, which was delicious. I wanted to try the tacos, too, but had trouble finding a simple ground beef taco. The choices were grilled mahi mahi, pork and pineapple, and peppers & corn. Where's the beef? I tried the peppers, but the taco shell was soft and soggy. My simple taste is used to hard and crunchy. oh... they also give you chips and salsa when you sit down, and I will say those were pretty good. Maybe some will like it, but it wasn't for me.

Thank you much for this. Now I'm still la little confused. I will be traveling with 3 others and we all have the ultimate dinning package.. But now how do the prices work with the package? We still pay those? Or are they included because we paid for the dining package?

Thank you so much for all the answers so far everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you remember if they had beef enchiladas?

As far as the dining package, no you will not have to pay.

I used the dining package, and I ordered share item, an appetizer, and tacos.

No charge.

As for the Enchiladas, you have 2 options:

1) Chicken Tinga / Traditional Mole Poblano Sauce

2) Slow roasted shredded pork / onion / cilantro / cotija cheese / tomatillo sauce.

So that's a NO to beef.

Aren't they using Angus graded beef, minced ones used for the burgers should do in a pinch. I don't think they can use skirt steak cuts, our friend's place use flank steak - since this is a la carte pricing, food cost per serving shouldn't be a problem ... just raise the prices or charge more :D

Off-topic slightly, how's the smell/odor in the nearby public area. My source on the Dawn that returned last week said they're still having plumbing issues in the public toilets and overheard some guests complaining down at Guest Services about flooded rooms. That's not good for being just out of dry dock again. Anyone care to confirm or update - and, heads up for others sailing soon.

Dawn was/is one of our favorite ship when she was home port in NY and she is returning next year to do some runs, and, they better get to the bottom of the plumbing system or whatever

I am also interested on people's opinions of the specialty restaurants, I've tried them all with the exception of the new restaurants after dry dock. (I'll take opinions on those too) and I would love to hear what people think, what you like the best, what food is your favorites and what you all recommend! We will be making our reservations soon as I've heard they are already filling fast. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by preppykate08

I'd really appreciate if you could post the photos of the menu. To do that click on quote or reply then click the "Attachments" (paperclip icon next to Smilies). Then you can select the menu photos. Thanks in advance!

Edited by tuktukan