Vista 7/1/16 8 day Med Review - a Vista like no other

jimbo5544

Coffee bar next to the hub, interesting on the last day I saw people checking in for flights and printing boarding passes. Have never seen that before.

30u8mqv.jpg

Edited by jimbo5544

Ayre Grand Via Barcelona, I thought I had mentioned it but may not have.

You did mention it prior, I totally missed it.

Thank you for reposting. Loving your review! I'll be on the vista sept 13 so I'm quite excited to see your review !

You did mention it prior, I totally missed it.

Thank you for reposting. Loving your review! I'll be on the vista sept 13 so I'm quite excited to see your review !

I will be getting to the actual review in the morning..... Thanks for the nice words.

Been busy with work.... Just now caught up again. Lol I saw your pics of the Havana cabins. Did they ever give a reason why they decided not to put hammocks on the lanai cabins?

While it stuck out to me I did not ask. My guess is the space is a little tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

During the diamond event I happened to be sitting next to the chief engineer. He told me the A/C is dramatically different on this ship as were many things. They are still learning the ropes.

That is good to know. I am not a complainer but hubbie and I are sold on balcony rooms when we sail together and find the rooms to be much warmer than other rooms. I have only asked to have the temp checked once but realizing it did not help much to ask about temp. we just learned other tactics like closing curtains when not in the room and sometimes when in the room. Of course that kidda defeats your balcony though. haha

That is good to know. I am not a complainer but hubbie and I are sold on balcony rooms when we sail together and find the rooms to be much warmer than other rooms. I have only asked to have the temp checked once but realizing it did not help much to ask about temp. we just learned other tactics like closing curtains when not in the room and sometimes when in the room. Of course that kidda defeats your balcony though. haha

I love cool rooms, and I had to turn the temp up because it was too cool.

Edited by jimbo5544

Jimbo-

The main pool on Lido looks different than on the Breeze.

You know on the Breeze how they had a TON of chairs on each side, with an aisle going down the middle? There looks to be very few chairs on the Vista.

Did you notice that?

I wonder if that will change when she moves to Miami and begins to do Caribbean sailings.:confused:

total side note but noticed your pills, I need a few myself and never know if flying should I put in bottles. I could sure save room, every little bit counts .

Actually a very good point to mention. On Caribbean cruises I usually combine mine (sad to say I have multiples) down to one bottle. Not so on Med cruises, we always brig in original containers. The ones you see in that pic (in the baggie) are Vitamins.

Jimbo-

The main pool on Lido looks different than on the Breeze.

You know on the Breeze how they had a TON of chairs on each side, with an aisle going down the middle? There looks to be very few chairs on the Vista.

Did you notice that?

I wonder if that will change when she moves to Miami and begins to do Caribbean sailings.:confused:

I did notice that. I know they had fewer chairs setup there on our cruise, but think it was due more not many people being out (on a day in port), the space is def smaller though.

Sail away We usually go to the upper aft deck for sail away for a couple f reasons. It has been what we have always done, there is a tradition there and it is great place to be, less crowded than others, a bar close by, and see the ship leave from there gives you a great birds eye view.

We had made plans with some from our group to do just that. Here as some pics of the sail away.

24wg9p5.jpg

wrkroy.jpg

2cxvry0.jpg