Is the outside beverage ban making you look elsewhere??

UPNYGuy

We will not be purchasing any more Future Cruise certificates and we are looking at another cruise on HAL. We do not bring water aboard other than our unfinished open bottles which will no longer be allowed. So our bottles will be empty this time but we'll still refill them in buffet, using clean glass as transfer.

We do not care if we drink Pepsi rather than Coke so that doesnot affect us.

However the lack of communication from NCL is a deal breaker. Our final payment is scheduled for August 1st and we have not yet been notified by NCL of this policy change. Only those past final payment were notified.

For our cruise last April we were never notified of increase in gratuities nor of the Room Service charge. If we hadn't read it on CC we wouldn't have known.

So, it's not the most recent policy change that has alienated us but the lack of communication. We are NCL platinum but thinking seriously of returning to HAL.

Edited by NMLady

Yes, it is. I originally cruised Norwegian because it was a good value; not the lowest-common-denominator stuff of Carnival, but not a stuffy formal experience. All these changes are making me question whether that is still true.

I travel with friends once a year. One of their joys while cruising was free room service. Especially having a snack delivered in the afternoon to enjoy on the balcony. But on our last cruise on Breakaway, that didn't happen. Between the size of the balcony (too shallow to be comfortable) and the cost of the service, we didn't do it.

So now I am looking at other lines where we can still get that experience at the same price point as we were paying for Norwegian. I used to be happy and have no need to look elsewhere. Now I am disturbed and looking for a better solution.

We had sailed on celebrity for years (elite members) we moved to NCL due to there beverage pk which is allowed on transatlantic (not allowed on Celebrity ) I see now that Princess is offering beverage pk . Maybe competition will cause all cruise lines to reviews their policies